Massdrop HIFIMAN IEM Coming HIFIMAN Bolt In-Ear Monitors
Aug 10, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #16 of 38
Has anyone else got theirs yet? Patiently waiting for mine to ship! I hate how long it takes for things to ship from Massdrop.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #18 of 38
That bad?

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #20 of 38
These are bass monsters right out of the box.

I just got them in the mail. Put them on. Bass is heavy and got a lot of bang. Treble is loose and all over the place. Mids are slightly recessed. Cable sucks. There is some driver flex or some springy sound to them when putting them on.

Will listen to them more after letting them sit with my DAP for a while.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #21 of 38
hmmm... interesting.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #22 of 38
These are bass monsters right out of the box.

I just got them in the mail. Put them on. Bass is heavy and got a lot of bang. Treble is loose and all over the place. Mids are slightly recessed. Cable sucks. There is some driver flex or some springy sound to them when putting them on.

Will listen to them more after letting them sit with my DAP for a while.
The treble is what killed them for me....tinny, unorganized crap. My fiance likes them though so that works for me.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #23 of 38
I was afraid they would be tinny - I have the Sound Magic ES18 for bed and they are tinny. was hoping these wouldn't be.... sounds about like the same type of sound actually. that's too bad. well, I also got the KZ KZR's in the mail today so... Hopefully they will be better. I have went crazy buying up cheapo earbuds! ha.

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #24 of 38
The tips they come with are not very good. I'm tip rolling now. For whatever reason, the bass is heavier and sound is muddier on the silicone tips I've used and less heavy on foams and symbio-hybrids. I have a MiniDSP EARS unit and will run measurements shortly.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #26 of 38
Take these with a grain of salt. I used a MiniDSP EARS measurement rig and used silicone tips with the Bolt IEM

hifiman bolt - raw FR.jpg
Raw Frequency Response Graph

Bolt - THD.jpg
Total Harmonic Distortion

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #27 of 38
that is a hell of a treble roll off

Aug 10, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #30 of 38
there here, tinny but started burn in on the X1

Just noticed you are also a Seattle-lite. Our Bolts probably made the long journey from China to here together. :)

I'll redo some measurements in a few days and see if anything changes (doubtful). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back