Mass Ko Bo 394 New high end Amp for power hungry headphone like Abyss 1266
May 16, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #16 of 58
One friend of mine in Surabaya indonesia he bought his Mass Ko Bo 394 , because his liquid gold has not so big power .
He must turn the volume to the maxx to drive Abyss , even to drive Bayer dynamic T1 he must turn the volume to the maxx .
He said still can not feel that his Abyss and T1 reach their potential SQ .

With Mass Ko Bo in high gain at 12 o clock running full balance , I feel so powerful , and Mass Ko Bo still has power reserve .

I haven't heard Cavalli liquid gold

May 17, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #19 of 58
I'm confused now.  Holeout said LAU is powerful but rudi0504 and friend said LAU is not powerful enough.

Thanks anyway.

My friend drive his Abyss with LAU in HIGH gain at 16 until 17 o clock close to the max
His source are cd transport and DAC from Weiss

I use by my self
CD Player Stelo CDA 500 , I drive my Abyss in HIGH gain at 12 to 13 o'clock is very laud with excellent SQ

For better and valid answer let my friend share his impression on Tuesday after he received his own Mass Ko Bo 394

I will post later again

IMO

May 17, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #20 of 58
Sunday morning set Up

Source : AK 240 through LINE OUT
Desktop Amp : Mass Ko Bo 394 full balance HP amp
Gain : High
Volume : Max 11 - 13
Headphone : Abyss 1266
Cable : Centrance RCA to 6,3 mm plus 6,3 mm to mini plug Furutech

My impression

High : very clean, Clear and best clarity and better presence compare With Other Amps , is similar to mynStax SR 007
Mid : very sweet Clear abd clean midrange With very Good pronounce so effortless
Bass : The best Bass i Ever heard from Abyss pair With Mass Ko Bo , very Deep detail and very Good bass impact
Separation : excellent separation This is on par With Stax SR 007 mk2
Soundstage : very Wide and very Good Depth is like In very big concert hall
Background : very black background / very quiet

Overall :

Abyss best Synergy pair With Mass Ko Bo 394 , i can hear The Max potential from My Abyss now , The clarity almost like Stax headphone , very sweet and intimate sounding mid With better pronounce and clarity , that i can hear how The sanger breath very noticeable .the plus Point Abyss pair With Mass Kobo is teh strong And very Deep bass reproduction
I Ever heard on headphone , and very clean sounding. Bass too With very well controlled bass Speed
Even though With The source Only AK 240 has so excellent sound quality .
If i pair With High End Transport and DAC , Mass Kobo can produce even better
My friend Said like High End home Set Up 50 K USD hahaha :D
IMO

May 17, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #21 of 58
Those impression make me want to hear Mass Ko Bo 394
very_evil_smiley.gif

Could you please comment on bass of Abyss with LCD3 (which you had sold)?

I'm sure Abyss bass is more clear than LCD3 but I find LCD3 has the deepest subbass I had ever heard.

Can Abyss's subbass rival LCD3 (no fazor version)?

Thanks

May 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #22 of 58
Those impression make me want to hear Mass Ko Bo 394 :veryevil: .

Could you please comment on bass of Abyss with LCD3 (which you had sold)?

I'm sure Abyss bass is more clear than LCD3 but I find LCD3 has the deepest subbass I had ever heard.

Can Abyss's subbass rival LCD3?

Thanks

I am so sorry give you poison hahaha lol :D
Please hear Mass Ko Bo at Your local dealer , Here and Singapore Jaben is the distributor

I Heard The New LCD 3 F azor has also very Deep bass and very clean too
I Wish to buy The 3 F too

Abyss can reproducing very Deep and better bass impact and better bass Speed and more clean , so Far The best bass i Ever heard on headphone , that you can hear The kick drum more real . I like to hear japan drum With. My. Abysx

May 18, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #23 of 58
One friend of mine in Surabaya indonesia he bought his Mass Ko Bo 394 , because his liquid gold has not so big power .
He must turn the volume to the maxx to drive Abyss , even to drive Bayer dynamic T1 he must turn the volume to the maxx .
He said still can not feel that his Abyss and T1 reach their potential SQ .

With Mass Ko Bo in high gain at 12 o clock running full balance , I feel so powerful , and Mass Ko Bo still has power reserve .

I haven't heard Cavalli liquid gold

I am quite surprised at your friend's LAu.

The LAu is rated at 9 watts, and everyone that I know with the Abyss/LAu listens to it at around 12 max....I myself listen at between 10-12. He should have his unit checked!

May 18, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #24 of 58
I am quite surprised at your friend's LAu.

The LAu is rated at 9 watts, and everyone that I know with the Abyss/LAu listens to it at around 12 max....I myself listen at between 10-12. He should have his unit checked!

I Wonder it too , he told Me serveral Time until today
Even his LAU drive Bayerdynamic T 1 In High gain must turn The volume 16 to 17 O clock Close To the Max
He use CD transport abd dac Weiss

He want send Me the pictures next week

May 18, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #25 of 58
Mass Ko Bo as all rounder High End amp is incredible
All headphones SQ improve excellent , inever heard My HD 800 more than 3 Month , With Mass Ko Bo sound so Good , nothing is peak in The High , SQ now Become 3 D With very Good bass impact , really i like more My Ko Bo 394 .imo

May 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #27 of 58
Hi Rudi, Any thing wrong with your friend Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold amp?

At the moment i'm looking at getting a balance amp.
Now, in my list are the Liquid Gold and the Ko Bo.

May 21, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #28 of 58
OK, I can't believe I'm compelled to say this...but for the record, the LAu drives every headphone I have, including the HE-6, without breaking a sweat. If I were to max out the volume, it might kill me.

May 22, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #30 of 58
Hi Rudi, Any thing wrong with your friend Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold amp?

At the moment i'm looking at getting a balance amp.
Now, in my list are the Liquid Gold and the Ko Bo.

Now his problem solve yesterday , The problem was on his Weiss DAC
He just Bought too and The position from the gain was In LOW
Yesterday he changed the Weiss DAC game to HIGH

The result Made him very very Happy
Now his LAU Power is about on par with his Mass Ko Bo 394

The different between these Two High End Amps are on The sound signature :

LAU :
Warm and detail sounding amp With very Good Low Bass , less Crisp High

Note :
LAU is very sensitive Amps Again unstable Voltage , like In Surabaya he must use PS Audio PS 10 to make his LAU running .
If not use PS Audio PS 10 as Stabiliser his LAU wont turn on

Mass Ko Bo 394 :
Open and detail sounding amp With excellent bass impact and faster bass Speed than LAU , and the High is more
Detail and Crisp and very clean

Now he has No problem anymore With THE Power from LAU

These Two Amps are very Good High End Amps , Which ones is Yours ?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back