Mass Ko Bo 394 New high end Amp for power hungry headphone like Abyss 1266
Mar 26, 2014 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

rudi0504

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi All Head Fi friends

After I heard the first time Mass Ko Bo 394 at Mook Headphonre Festival on 2 of March 2014 in Jakarta, until now I can not sleep , because Mass Ko Bo 394 was The best desktop amp at The Mook Show .

Mr Masuda San is very Friendly person , We talk each Other about 2 hours about his New Product. Mass Ko Bo 394 full balance desktop amp and his New portable Amp Mass Ko Bo 395

He told Me that For his Amps he build By him Self , thats why The delivery Time is about 2 until 3 Month For Mass Ko Bo 394

He use selected parts For his Amps , like The potentiometer he use from $ 1000 USD .i Dont remember from Which brand , he Said he must waiting For long Time his potentiometer For The New Mass Ko Bo 394.
From The Potentiometer i Think he is very serious to build his Amps .

The build quality from his Amps are top notch , he take Care very much on the detail from all his Amps .

Lets talk to his New High End Desktop Amp Mass Ko Bo 394 how Good is The sound quality

At The Mook Show :

Source : he use My iPad air and iPhone 5s
Amp : Mass Ko Bo 394
Headphones : Beyerdynamic T1 With 3 PIN balance Cable
Abyss 1266 With 3 PIN balance cable
Cable : lightning to USB > USB to rca , all was Stock cable

High : Crispy and very well extended High , very Good rendering , that The cymbajs i can hear very detail
I never heard before In Other Amps , except from My T+A can produce slighly better pronounce.
Mid : very sweet and very clean and fluid mid
Bass : very Good bass impact and very Good bass detail.and very Fast and clean bass
Separation : very Good that i can detect The Music placement very accurate
Soundstage : 3 D soundstage like In big concert hall
Background : Pitch black background

Overall:
The best Amps In term of sound quality and Power to drive My Abyss 1266 to date
The Other Amps like My Tube pre amp T+A P 10.2 With $ 12 K USD has better sound quality , but T+A P 10.2 has not enough Power to drive My Abyss 1266 .
I Wish One day i can buy Mass Ko Bo 394

IMO

http://www.masskobo.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E5%B7%A5%E6%88%BF-MASS-kobo/172327899490857

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #2 of 58
It looks strikingly similar to the GS-X MkII and even uses the identical Neutrik combo dual XLR / SE sockets.
Price is 500,000 JPY + 5% paypal fee which comes to about 5125 USD.

The GS-X MkII does come with a separate power supply housing and the cost a little over half.
So far I have not heard any of these but I'm in the 2014 batch for a headamp.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #3 of 58
It looks strikingly similar to the GS-X MkII and even uses the identical Neutrik combo dual XLR / SE sockets.
Price is 500,000 JPY + 5% paypal fee which comes to about 5125 USD.

The GS-X MkII does come with a separate power supply housing and the cost a little over half.
So far I have not heard any of these but I'm in the 2014 batch for a headamp.

I havent heard GS - X Mk II
Is GS - X Mk II Powerful ?
How is The SQ more to bright abd detail or dark ?

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #4 of 58
See the dedicated thread here :
http://www.head-fi.org/t/632948/the-headamp-gs-x-and-gs-x-mk2-thread
Or go to the sponsor page of headamp.

As I have not heard the GS-X MkII myself (as I said) I can't comment on your questions but a common description is "wire with gain".
It should be just an amp that adds nothing at all to the signal. 

May 14, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #7 of 58
Demoed the 394 with some balanced Sony headphones at the meet, impressive! 
redface.gif

May 15, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #10 of 58
Congrats, Rudi! Looks like you have a busy weekend enjoying the new end game upgrade!

May 15, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #12 of 58
I tried that Mass Kobo 394 at the Tokyo Headphone festival last weekend. Also had the opportunity to meet Mr. Mass. This was a very enjoyable amp and sounded just right to my ears.

The 394 is expensive but you can get a very similar sound from the little 395 portable amp.

The 395 portable amp with 80 ohm headphones is also very enjoyable. Similar sound in a smaller package and smaller price tag. I tried the small amp previously with lower impedance phones and whilst still near the best, it likes higher impedance phones. 

FYI - A few months back, I debated among three portables after listening sessions: Wagnus S, Mass Kobo 395, and Kojo Technologies. Finally picked the Kojo for my phones. Might pick up a 395 soon however.

I think Mr. Mass produces these amps in batch so if you are interested in buying, there may be a waiting list in the future.

I also tried the Abyss headphones with the new Heada Aurorasound Balanced Japanese amp - quite impressive. Would have liked to hear the Abyss also with the Mass Kobo 394.

May 15, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #13 of 58
I tried that Mass Kobo 394 at the Tokyo Headphone festival last weekend. Also had the opportunity to meet Mr. Mass. This was a very enjoyable amp and sounded just right to my ears.

The 394 is expensive but you can get a very similar sound from the little 395 portable amp.

The 395 portable amp with 80 ohm headphones is also very enjoyable. Similar sound in a smaller package and smaller price tag. I tried the small amp previously with lower impedance phones and whilst still near the best, it likes higher impedance phones. 

FYI - A few months back, I debated among three portables after listening sessions: Wagnus S, Mass Kobo 395, and Kojo Technologies. Finally picked the Kojo for my phones. Might pick up a 395 soon however.

I think Mr. Mass produces these amps in batch so if you are interested in buying, there may be a waiting list in the future.

I also tried the Abyss headphones with the new Heada Aurorasound Balanced Japanese amp - quite impressive. Would have liked to hear the Abyss also with the Mass Kobo 394.

Thank you For Sharing Your impression With Mass Ko Bo 394 and 395

You should hear Mass Ko Bo 394 With Abyss , so Far The best i Ever heard about desktop amp that can deliver so Powerful land excellent SQ

Masuda San has emailed Me that now He has 1 pcs Mass Ko Bo 394 In Stock, The next available Mass Ko BO 394 would Be In August 2015
IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back