Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Sep 10, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #5,866 of 6,764

These are my two BEST mods. ..
The Mikros90 modded to sound larger than stock,
And my modded es700woodie,
A combination of the Audio Technica ed9 housing with an es700 driver which combo gave me the closest thing to the fabled esw10jpn that I also own...

I will do a write up on that and make a thread as nothing comes closer. .
Anyway for portable "on-ears", nothing can top these three.
I also have the Onkyo 300 which I should include as a favorite but that dam connector broke so I will consider hard- wiring and it is not really as portable as these smaller units..

I would put the Onkyo 300 & AKG 545 at similar level for larger portables.

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #5,867 of 6,764
Finally I received HD25-I replacement pads for Mikros. They fit  better than originals and are comfortable too.
pics taken with mobile sry.

My Mikros are burned and I noticed that details and treble extension much improved but bass is somehow more laid back. The original leather that I put under pads to cover driver seems to balance the trebles..
Question remains, should I open the hole?
happy_face1.gif
Even though I don't have any damp / tac material, I would just try how it sounds.

Sep 12, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #5,868 of 6,764

Behold!! THE MIGHTY HOLE has been exposed!
And I am glad I did it... the sub bass is more pronounced AND slight sub-bass imbalance that I noticed before is gone! ... maybe its also because I shifted the cables going to PCB on the right driver that were covering the hole too....

thanks guys much better now...

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #5,869 of 6,764
Dat Hole really brings Mikros to life! it allows to breathe....
worship the hole! ..... can't believe what I am hearing now.
thinking about getting some cork for the cup.. to experiment more :)

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #5,870 of 6,764
Now it sounds like Havi!

The clarity and soundstage is amazeballs

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #5,871 of 6,764
Now the difference between my Vmoda and Stock cable is obvious.... Stock has brighter and clearer treble region while keeping solid low end. V-moda seems veiled in comparison but with more emphasized low-end.

Sep 12, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #5,872 of 6,764
That's great news..

There are probably a few different hd25 pads replacements to put on them..
Here is a close pic of my pads a bit loose but extremely paded and soft :)

More:

As you can see these version came without the protective felt over driver but they are great.

Anyway as long as it is the hd25 pads I feel you get best comfort. .

Sep 12, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #5,873 of 6,764
  Finally I received HD25-I replacement pads for Mikros. They fit  better than originals and are comfortable too.
pics taken with mobile sry.

My Mikros are burned and I noticed that details and treble extension much improved but bass is somehow more laid back. The original leather that I put under pads to cover driver seems to balance the trebles..
Question remains, should I open the hole?
happy_face1.gif
Even though I don't have any damp / tac material, I would just try how it sounds.

^
DID YOU PUT THE Senni HD-25 PADs ON TOP OF THE STOCK LOGAN 90 PADs??? If so Dats BOSS!!!
cool.gif

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #5,874 of 6,764
^
DID YOU PUT THE Senni HD-25 PADs ON TOP OF THE STOCK LOGAN 90 PADs??? If so Dats BOSS!!! :cool:

Hmm...
Sure looks like it and probably save himself alot of modding work,
as the stock pad preserves the mids...
Looks like a new mod version just surfaced...
:wink:

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #5,879 of 6,764
That's great news..

There are probably a few different hd25 pads replacements to put on them..
Here is a close pic of my pads a bit loose but extremely paded and soft
smily_headphones1.gif

More:

As you can see these version came without the protective felt over driver but they are great.

Anyway as long as it is the hd25 pads I feel you get best comfort. .

Mine are really cheap ones :p yours look more puffed and soft...mind you posting a link where you bought them?

^
DID YOU PUT THE Senni HD-25 PADs ON TOP OF THE STOCK LOGAN 90 PADs??? If so Dats BOSS!!! 
cool.gif

No, I just cut the top leather of logan's pads and sealed it on driver.... kind of ruining of mikros pads, but

I think they  are more of a use now... :)

I just need to find suitable cork to put to the cup  and control the hole a little......if u know what i mean :D

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #5,880 of 6,764
  For anyone still on the fence, they are back to 59.99 at Newegg!!! Run don't walk to your wallet!!!

Thats great news!! c'mon people, who hasn't yet hop on the Mikros bandwagon.... for 59.99 its a steal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back