Martin Customs Thread
May 6, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #226 of 246
A few shots of my Martin Audio modded D5000 (these were taken from Martin's website), will post more in a couple of days. These have extra deep Coco Rosewood cups & new headband with extra padding. What can I say, Martin is an Artist. :

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #227 of 246
Looks like Martin is moving this week and I'd guess his lead time is shooting way out based on his message posted about being behind on emails.  Anyone have any cups in process?  

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #228 of 246
  Looks like Martin is moving this week and I'd guess his lead time is shooting way out based on his message posted about being behind on emails.  Anyone have any cups in process?  

Yeeaah... I'm still waiting...
From a few weeks ago...

I've posted yesterday on my website that I'll be moving soon and this summer has been occupied by getting the house ready and all the other stress that comes with it.  I need to pack up my shop asap and plan to resume business as usual this fall in late September after the new shop is up and running.  

Again, I really apologize for this insanely long delivery.  If you'd like I'm perfectly fine with changing your wood out for my more expensive Ebonies or pretty much any wood within reason that you'd like since I was having issues with the curly maple anyway.  And/or I can add some inlays, etc.  Just let me know if any of the extra bling interests you and of course it would be a free upgrade for such a long wait.  I really do feel bad about having your cans sitting on my shelf all disassembled with no place to go.

-Marty  

:frowning2:

I just told him to do whatever... LOL

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #229 of 246
Yeeaah... I'm still waiting...
From a few weeks ago...

:frowning2:

I just told him to do whatever... LOL

Wow. I had no idea it was you bro. Man, that blows. This is the T5P, right? How long has he had them?

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #230 of 246
Hey everybody, When was the last time you got an answer from Martin? I know he recently moved and I hope everything is ok with him and his family... One of the rods of the gimbals broke and I just want a replacement.

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #231 of 246
Hey everybody, When was the last time you got an answer from Martin? I know he recently moved and I hope everything is ok with him and his family... One of the rods of the gimbals broke and I just want a replacement.

I got in touch with him this week (Monday)... 

I hope to get my shop together in the next couple weeks before the snow starts to fly.  I've got the disassembled parts sitting here on my shelf next to me.  Just need to get the shop going.

I think I might have my headphones next year at this rate... I wonder if I should pester him for a slight refund or something for taking a year to get my headphones ready...

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #232 of 246
I know.  I know.  I really am way behind and I feel horrid about these the last two orders I have hanging including gelocks order.  I really feel terrible, but he's been so, so understanding and I really appreciate it.  

I have undergone a huge change in my life with my two young daughters and moving to a new house this year, amongst other things.  I hope to have the wiring done within two weeks and have the shop done by end of month.

That's not much of an excuse and again both customers have been amazing to work with.  I just need to get back into the swing of things. I haven't taken any new orders since about spring/summer 2014 so there is no backlog other than the two delinquent orders.  

As my blog indicates I will be going through about a 75-100 emails by the end of the month to get orders fulfilled for the hardware (which I have) as well as new custom orders for 2015.  

Thanks.  I know I look kinda like an a-hole, but this year has been the most stressful year of my adult life without a doubt.  

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #233 of 246

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #234 of 246
What is that gorgeous thing???

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #235 of 246
What is that gorgeous thing???

It is a Grado Magnum V5 with California Maple Burl wood, Ebony and silver inlay and Mahogany outer rings and a custom leather headband to offset the usual atrocious Grado comfort. I bought them from another Head-fier who paid Martin a small fortune to make these. (Un)fortunately I already have an LCD 2 so I am trading/selling these on our classifieds for a closed can. They also use mini 4 pin XLR's for a detachable cable and have custom aluminum rodblocks. I just wanted to post them here before they disappear from my life forever. Haha

Jun 13, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #236 of 246
Is there a new Martin Custom Thread ?? I see this hasn't been added to since before Xmas last year ?? 

Anyway, I and in Aust, and having Martin do mods, would cost me $100 in delivery fees. I'm wondering, if anyone has had any recent Mods done to their Grado's ? 

I love Zebrine wood, and would love to have a set of cups done for my SR325e's  . .

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #237 of 246
It's been slow because he had to rebuilt the whole tooling room.

I sent my SR-100 to him to do FWJ work, and should be receiving in either end of this month or July at least.

It takes so much time so you have to be patient. I sent mine in early January this year.

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #238 of 246
Does anyone here have any news about Martin?

I've tryied to contact him several times but unfortunately I had no luck. I just wanted to know if he is still selling his aluminium gimbals/rodblocks, I'm desperately after a pair to finish a build I have in process.

Many thanks for your help!

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #239 of 246
  Does anyone here have any news about Martin?

I've tryied to contact him several times but unfortunately I had no luck. I just wanted to know if he is still selling his aluminium gimbals/rodblocks, I'm desperately after a pair to finish a build I have in process.

Many thanks for your help!

His gimbals are expensive though :p I just bought some off this guy on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Headphoneku/photos/a.412590152272364.1073741829.399299333601446/413760118822034/?type=3

PM him if you want to buy, only $40 each compared to like $120 with Martin.

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #240 of 246

His gimbals are expensive though :p I just bought some off this guy on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Headphoneku/photos/a.412590152272364.1073741829.399299333601446/413760118822034/?type=3

PM him if you want to buy, only $40 each compared to like $120 with Martin.

Many thanks for your suggestion, I will definitely consider those gimbals as an alternative. The problem is that I also need the rodblocks, and, to be honest I think that Martin's gimbals are better finished, and I don't mind paying a higher price for something that is well built.

Thanks! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back