Martin Customs Thread
Jan 17, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #167 of 246
I just got another members Martini's in for a listen.  O-M-F-G!  These are soooo beautiful.  I honestly don't even care how they sound I just want to stare at them.  The member can chime in if he likes.

Wow!  Just gorgeous.  

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #168 of 246

Quote:
I just got another members Martini's in for a listen.  O-M-F-G!  These are soooo beautiful.  I honestly don't even care how they sound I just want to stare at them.  The member can chime in if he likes.

Wow!  Just gorgeous.  

The headphones in question are mine and they look so damn good on pictures and I can only imagine that pics don't do it justice. However here's the link to his blog: http://www.martincustomaudio.com/2011/12/coco-fwj-006-magnums-alu-gimbals.html

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #172 of 246
I keep reading this thread and trying to work out where in the production line mine are 
tongue_smile.gif

Needless to say I'm getting quite excited now, however I have just been discussing a recent change with Martin and rather than using my modified SR80i drivers I have arranged to have a pair of Magnum V4 drivers sent to Martin from Rhydon.

These will be fitted into a set of full size low profile mushroom style cups in Hawaiian Koa with the silver coated copper rewire and will have a set of the Aluminium Gimbals. I will be using L-Cush earpads on these. So the only original "Grado" part will be the headband and blocks. In fact I'm also thinking of ordering a nice leather headband from Headphone lounge to go with them.....I just want to see what colour the cups are first to decide on black or brown.

NOW......what to do with the SR80i drivers.........DAM, sounds like I need a second hand pair of SR60's and some additional wooden cups 
confused_face.gif

This is addictive!!!

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #173 of 246
I just got my email from Marty. And I quote...

"Done.  These are going to blow your mind.  If they don't....then somehow you've misplaced your soul."

I can't wait to see these things! Keep an eye out on his blog guys! Should be a very exquisite set with his finest Amboyna burl.

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #174 of 246
Marty posted pics of mine finally. I have to say, he did an awesome job. I also haven't received them yet, all I have is the photos for now.

Amobyna Burl Low Profile Widemouth cups
Amboyna/Ebony blocks/y-splitter
Magnum V4 drivers
OCC Copper in Dark Bronze
Aluminum Gimbals
Jmoney V3 headband
Neutrik connection hardware (fast switch 1/8 plugs on the cups)

Feb 23, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #176 of 246
Very nice! Have you received them yet?

I'd like to know how they sound as well! Been sitting on the idea of having a pair made with Magnum drivers in them. Itching to hear what the fuss is about!

Knowing me though, I might just wind up blowing money on another mod. Been thinking of making wireless set ups for Grados and Custom IEMs.

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #177 of 246
If you were asking me, yes I have received them. I let them burn in 4 whole days before I listened for any length of time. These are great drivers, Magnums are better than my SR80's by far. Very clear, nice mid/high range detail, and great down low.

Mar 26, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #180 of 246
Nice blog Keat.  I'll try to link it to my blog when I get a chance.  Those turned out so nice and to think those gimbals and blocks were my first ever set and came back to me all the way from Singapore (I think?) for repair and then all the way back to you. 

Rodblocks/Gimbals are finally in...so check them out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back