Marshall's new cans, the Monitor headphones
May 2, 2013 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 166

JamesM

Head-Fier
[size=medium]Hi guys, here is some intriguing highlights off an official product debute. [/size]

[size=medium][size=medium]Marshall Monitor is embossed with a white script logo and black vinyl leather, evoking the spirit of those legendary vintage amps, while the heavy-duty cast metal hinges, brass accents and plug make it full-out roadworthy. Monitor[/size]s completely detachable double-ended coil cord with mic and remote can be worn on either the right or left side. Use the extra 3.5mm socket to share your music. It’s really cool, right? When you’re done, fold ‘em up stow them away in the canvas carrying pouch for easy transport and safe storage.[/size]

[size=medium][size=medium]Also, t[/size]he double-ended coil cord with mic and remote is completely detachable so you can decide which side you prefer to wear it. Use the empty 3.5mm socket to share your music with someone else. That’s really nice and handy, isn’t it?[/size]
[size=medium][/size]

[size=medium][size=medium]Resonating with the power of live performance, Monitor produces deep bass with extended highs, and natural, well-balanced mids. Its custom-made low distortion 40mm drivers cover the whole frequency range audible to the human ear, and even at high playback levels, the sound is punchy, dynamic and clear. The Monitor also comes with the F.T.F System, allowing you to customize your sound.[/size][/size]
[size=medium][/size]
[size=medium][/size]
[size=medium][/size]

[size=medium][/size]

[size=medium][size=medium]Spec.:[/size][/size]

[size=medium][size=medium]TRANSDUCER[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Custom made 40mm dynamic driver[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]IMPEDANCE[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]42Ω[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]SENSITIVITY[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]100mV@1kHz=99dB SPL[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]FREQUENCY RESPONSE[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]10Hz-20kHz[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]WBCV[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]113mV[/size][/size]

[size=medium][size=12pt]So what do you guys think about this cans?[/size][/size]

May 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 166
hi there,

i've hardly seen any review on [size=medium][size=medium]Marshall's myself. so i'm really looking forward to one. its F.T.F system  looks awfully interesting, though in  terms of functionality, i am not sure if it lives up to today's standard.[/size][/size]

May 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 166
I bought a pair of Marshall Major just when they was released and they were/are total piece of crap. Even if these wouldn't be as bad Im pretty confident that they won't be good value for the money... It's like with Marshall solid state guitar amps, they look the business but sound crap. 
angry_face.gif

May 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #7 of 166
Quote:
I bought a pair of Marshall Major just when they was released and they were/are total piece of crap. Even if these wouldn't be as bad Im pretty confident that they won't be good value for the money... It's like with Marshall solid state guitar amps, they look the business but sound crap. 
angry_face.gif

Tyll said something about them just recently getting an actual audio engineer to tune their headphones.  Their newer models are more promising, like the 50th Ani Major; it's actually pretty good sounding.

May 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #8 of 166
Quote:

Tyll said something about them just recently getting an actual audio engineer to tune their headphones.  Their newer models are more promising, like the 50th Ani Major; it's actually pretty good sounding.

Why were they releasing headphones without an audio engineer in the first place? That alone makes me not want to buy from them...

May 15, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #9 of 166
Had the Majors when they came out.  Can't say I was too impressed, I did like the build/styling but the sound was bleh.  Probably would not buy another Marshall branded headphone unless there was an overwhelming amount of praise heaped on them from many reviewers.

May 23, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #10 of 166
Quote:
Why were they releasing headphones without an audio engineer in the first place? That alone makes me not want to buy from them...

This is a good question, I honestly don't know.  They are owned by the same company that owns Coloud and Urbanears...  Both of which were originally, IMO, released for looks.  Audio quality was always lacking for them, so they decided to get someone in that could engineer the drivers.

Quote:
Had the Majors when they came out.  Can't say I was too impressed, I did like the build/styling but the sound was bleh.  Probably would not buy another Marshall branded headphone unless there was an overwhelming amount of praise heaped on them from many reviewers.

Tyll said the same thing.  But he was impressed with the 50th aniversary edition Majors (which were tuned by the new engineer).

All this said, I do have a pair of Monitor now...  I have to say, I'm impressed.

May 28, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #11 of 166
I was also extremely impressed by the 50th Anniversary Majors and I'll have a pair of Monitors by Thursday. I'll give a full review in about a week.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #13 of 166
I want to hear more. Anybody Head-Fier got a few words they could pitch in on how they sound (I'm looking at you two, tinyman392 and inthere)?

Jun 5, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #14 of 166
Jun 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #15 of 166
Quote:
I want to hear more. Anybody Head-Fier got a few words they could pitch in on how they sound (I'm looking at you two, tinyman392 and inthere)?

I've had mine for about a week. I do a DJ set tomorrow night with them and I'll have a review ready Monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back