markertek headphone extension???
Aug 25, 2002 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
Does anybody have tried this headphone extension?
seem to be well made but ????

http://www.beldin.com/MTStore/produc...aseItem=SC3SSJ

sorry the link was wrong.....check this one now
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2002 at 12:32 AM Post #2 of 6
Oooh, comes in purple...I'm in.
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2002 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 6
YGPM

Aug 27, 2002 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 6
BEWARE!

The cable you have chosen there is a MONO cable, not a stereo cable. This mistake has been made in the past. Make sure you choose the BALANCED (STEREO) version of this cable!

[size=medium]This is the one you want... [/size]

Saving you money and aggravation, I remain...
Jeff Guidry

Aug 27, 2002 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks man!!! anyway I will wait for the other guy, I don't want to be the first this time...by hte way, do you know about this cables, is it good or not, comparable as the Grado one, the price is very similar...

Aug 28, 2002 at 5:43 AM Post #6 of 6
I am not familiar with this particular cable, but many people (including myself) have purchased stereo mini-to-mini's from Markertek that also use the star quad cable.

Please be aware that the star-quad cable was designed for use with microphones and other such connections where flexibility and crush resistance are prime concerns. As such, the dielectric and insulators used for this cable were selected with durability in mind, not ultimate sound quality. The sound is warm, not UNdetailed, but these are not the paragon of quality.

Having used both (I currently own the Grado extension) I heartily recommend the Grado. I have noticed practically no sonic degradation with my system, though my configuration is mid-fi at best. If you have a higher end rig with a top notch source, amp and cans, the Grados will probably add some noticeable coloration that may be undesirable. But, for the price, the Grado cable just can't be beat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back