markedman - BEWARE
Mar 9, 2006 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

insomniac

Headphoneus Supremus
I purchased a Rio Carbon MicroDrive from markedman and I never received it. He shipped it to me via Ground from Canada (he did not give me a choice) and told me it would take 2 months. It's been about 6 months now and still no package. PayPal won't do anything about it because the statute of limitations there is 1 month. Even though I wasn't even scheduled to receive my product for at least 2 months after payment. All they'd let me do was file a complaint.

At one point, he said he'd refund me the money but then he stopped replying to my e-mails and PMs. Recently he has resurfaced on these forums posting lowball offers in other people's for sale threads. In light of his recent activity here, I have tried to contact him again. But still no response.

This wasn't for a huge sum of money ($60) and perhaps the package got lost in the mail. But he never bothered to correspond with me to reach some sort of mutual conclusion and resolution, even if I wasn't going to get my money back. Perhaps he is not a scam artist by design. It seems he's sold other things here with no public complaints to be found. But during this particular transaction he was definitely an irresponsible, unscrupulous, uncommunicative, and unreliable seller. Deal with him at your own caution.

It's always uncomfortable posting negative feedback and so I usually refrain from doing so. But the seller won't respond to me at all and I feel I've given this more than enough time to resolve itself, which it hasn't of course. And I tried to be fair and honest in my comments. Mods, let me know if anything was out of line.

Users who are viewing this thread