Marantz TT-15S1 Turntable
Sep 8, 2005 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

headchange4u

500+ Head-Fier
Marantz Japan has annouced the TT-15S1 high end turntable. Here are a few specs I found:

From Ployer.com:
Quote:

Marantz JP has announced the sale of the TT-15S1 a very expensive analog turntable. So you can enjoy your records (which belong in museum) in style. The unit will be able in Japan late December for around 262,500 Yen.

Features a milk white acrylic frame which will match perfectly with Marantz's flagship stereo amplifier "PM-11S1" and SACD player "SA-11S1" , that combined with a 20mm thick acrylic chassis and 28mm thick acrylic turntable make up for the uber TT-15S1.

The TT-15S1 adopts a silicon belt drive system (comes with 2 belts) . Measures 440x350x110mm & weighs 8.9kg. Here is to oldies in style.

From Gizmodo.com
Quote:

I love Marantz audio products. Can’t afford them, but I really love them. So it’s nice to see the company bringing out even more stunningly expensive stuff this week at CEDIA. My favorite is the TT-15S1 ($1,700), the first turntable Marantz has bothered developing in 20 years. It has a magnetic anti-skating system and anodized arm, as well as a motor that never makes contact with the chassis.

Here's some pics:

tt15_400.jpg

tt15_belt.jpg

tt15_arm.jpg

tt15_anti_skt.jpg

Here's the Marantz site. (It's in Japanese)

Here's a link to a multi-language .pdf version of the manual.

EDIT: If you look at the manual it looks like the turntable comes a pair of white cotton gloves.
blink.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #2 of 2
"(...) the first turntable Marantz has bothered developing in 20 years." Hahaha, yeah - "developing". Well, maybe if the package price is really good - otherwise I don't see any reason to go for that Marantz, when you could as well get an original Clearaudio. (http://www.clearaudio.de/index.htm)...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back