Oct 27, 2002 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Squalish

500+ Head-Fier
I recently came upon an auction for the following Marantz components:

ST-432 AM/FM Tuner
PM-432 Integrated Amplifier
SD-432 Double Cassette Tape Deck
CD-430 Compact Disc Player (single)

Seeing how I wasn't able to find references to them anywhere, I was wondering if you could tell me if the gear is legit or he is selling some other brand/knockoffs. If they are Marantz, what kinda quality do you think they are, and what price would you put on them as a system?

Oct 28, 2002 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 8
Bump for feedback

Oct 28, 2002 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 8
Thx Onyx. Anyone else got any info?

Oct 29, 2002 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 8
Hello there. Better yet I think you should contact Marantz office and inquire if they ever had such kits before. They should know something about this.

If the price difference is not much between those in auction and some budget models currently still in the market, I'd say just go for the new ones and save yourself the worry. Another thing, if these auction items breakdown, you might not get proper servicing and it'll be just a waste of money.
Good luck
wink.gif

Oct 30, 2002 at 1:45 AM Post #6 of 8
The particular models don't mean anything to me, but judging from the prefixes, they are probably cheap 1980s stuff, the worst period for Marantz.

Oct 30, 2002 at 9:03 PM Post #7 of 8
Now that I am confident I don't want to buy this(I wouldn't have enough cash for this, anyway), Here is the ebay auction

They are $100, $120 for BIN. Methinks it might be a nice price, considerring that you get all the components above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back