Marantz HD-DAC1
Aug 10, 2014 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,279

audionewbi

Headphoneus Supremus
I came across a twitter post that was about Marantz HD-DAC1. Here are the few key component of it:
  1. Has selectable headphone impedance (32-600 ohm)
  2. It is based on Cirrus Logic CS4398 (DSD capable)
  3. Comes in two colors of silver and black.
  4. It has a dedciated headphone section that is based on the HDAM-SA2 modules found on the other Marantz products already
  5. It has the ability to feed other amp as well as having input to act as an amp alone which suggest the headphone out is not to shabby. 
  6. Based on a link I found it seems that the price to be under 1.2K! 
http://www.redcoon.de/B547048-Marantz-HD-DAC1-Silber-Gold_Kabel-Adapter

More info:

Source : http://www.audiovideohd.fr/actualites/10433-Marantz-HD-DAC1.html
DAC Marantz first signed, particularly the successful design, including the integration of a circular front panel display, an aluminum chassis and side walls adorned with painted wooden panels, the HD-DAC1 is based on a converter Cirrus Logic CS4398 and a symmetrical circuit design. 

The DAC has a double clock to reduce jitter, each responsible for processing samples 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz, the HDAM-SA2 modules and the power supplied by a large toroidal transformer. 
Section amp helmet accept impedance headphones from 32 to 600 ohms, a gain selector on three levels is also available on the front.

HD-DAC1 naturally provides support for audio files up to 192 kHz / 24 bit, and also features compatibility DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz. More surprisingly, the presence of a front USB port allows playback of MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC and WAV formats always practical. 

The connector portion comprises a USB-B output for connecting a PC / Mac, RCA analog output on which it will be possible to associate with each other amp since the output is adjustable in fixed or variable, and finally two entries optical, one coaxial input and output 6.35 mm. Marantz HD-DAC1 will be available partor October 2014, retail price of € 799.

Features Marantz HD-DAC1:
  1. DAC headphone amp
  2. Cirrus Logic CS4398 converter
  3. Dual clock
  4. HDAM-SA2 modules
  5. Toroidal transformer
  6. Compatible 192 kHz / 24-bit DSD 2.8 / 5.6 MHz
  7. Gain Selector
  8. Fixed or variable output
  9. Connectors: 1 RCA analog output, one USB port asynchronous, two optical inputs, 1 coaxial input, 1 output jack 6.35mm, 1 USB port
  10. Delivered with remote control

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 1,279
it is good value in my view. I wish I had the ability to test this unit against HUGO but I do not have any connection and I really cannot afford to experiment anymore. I will be hoping others can soon chip in for more info for the community. 

Sep 22, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #7 of 1,279
nice looking bit of kit.
will be interested to read reviews and may book a home trial myself.

Sep 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 1,279
Seriously?   It has ONE analog input and that is via mini-plug?    

REALLY?   What are they thinking?    

Serious headphone guys want to hook up their turntables, or SACD players, OR BOTH. 

But not here.   

What knuckleheads. 

Sep 26, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #10 of 1,279
Is this the first dedicated DAC from Marantz, i'm pretty sure it is?

Oct 11, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #14 of 1,279
This is really upsetting news for those of us in the USA. From:
http://us.marantz.com/us/news/pages/NewsDetails.aspx?NewsID=95

The Marantz HD-DAC1 is expected to be available in black from October 2014.

It looks like Marantz is not bringing the silver color to the USA, only the black color. This is a typical infuriating move from Marantz, as their flagship hi-fi components in their reference line are available in beautiful champagne/gold-silver and black throughout the world but only in black in the USA.

Oct 11, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #15 of 1,279
  This is really upsetting news for those of us in the USA. From:
http://us.marantz.com/us/news/pages/NewsDetails.aspx?NewsID=95

The Marantz HD-DAC1 is expected to be available in black from October 2014.

It looks like Marantz is not bringing the silver color to the USA, only the black color. This is a typical infuriating move from Marantz, as their flagship hi-fi components in their reference line are available in beautiful champagne/gold-silver and black throughout the world but only in black in the USA.

Normally I wouldn't have much empathy, since I generally prefer black, but on this one I do.  I think Marantz does not understand the actual headphone/headamp market. Anything not black is in fairly high demand lately.  Which is a shame, because this looks like a decent alternative to the Oppo, which is just too darn big for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back