Manufacturer likes to hear your opinion about a new open back headphone (Reward: headphone worth 299 euros)
Jun 5, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #18 of 30
@Peter Improof Can you tell us more about the manufacturer? I for one don't mind helping out but it's worthwhile knowing who were helping I hope the questionnaire will answer these questions but prior to singing up I imagine others would like to know who is asking for assistance also

Still cool to see folks reaching out to us here for assistance! Always nice see upcoming headphones pull directly from us the most enthusiastic listeners!

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #19 of 30
Hope I get selected. Fingers crossed!

Jun 5, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #20 of 30
Have sent the information, if the target is ultimate hiend headphone, I'm critically curious.

Jun 5, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #21 of 30
Hello, and thanks for the opportunity. I have just signed up.

Edit: I had heard a while ago that Philips was planning on doing an all new update for the Fidelio X2/X3 headphones, which will be using new drivers. I wonder if this is going to be the headphone offered here for review samples.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #22 of 30
Well lets see. We have great cheap headphones (Grado SR60x) for under a hundred dollars; well priced endgame luxury headphones if you are sane (Sennheiser / Drop 6xx) at $200; Meze 99 Classics which are huge fun and passably clear and open as far as basshead products go at $300 (a drop version is around at $200); a cheap planar that is full range and tight powerful bass in the Dan Clark Aeon RT $500; THE studio standard Audeze LCD-X; a high end open and lightweight Dan Clark Ether (I just got that!); and the glorious Meze Emporium for great, comfy, cozy real endgame real totl experience.

Oh I forgot the ZMF line for those who like a little round to the sound.

And you want to enter this market? Good luck sir. I truly hope you have something to contribute. But unless you're going to improve sound significantly for less, you are probably just taking a piece of an existing market and not bringing anything NEW.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #23 of 30
please do not use drive that looks like this

1622968975281.png

giphy.gif

I think at this point, a good design would be a remake of Sony Mdr-F1 type with some 70 MM Biocellulose drivers. :D

Jun 6, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #24 of 30
Is there another date? There's 3 calls, but only from June 22-23? Also how long are the calls?
Hi,

The dates are indeed 22 and 23 June. This is because the product developer is available then. And we have to pick some dates to plan...
The discussions will last app. 90 minutes.

Kind regards,
Peter Mulder (Improof Research)

Jun 6, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #26 of 30
Hi. Sent mine as well, have been an enthusiast for some time (since 2010) and it would be great to engage in a healthy conversation and to contribute in making this a success. It would be great for a corwdsourced input/feedback in making a good product.
Thanks!
Hope to speak to you then.
Kind regards,

Jun 12, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #28 of 30
I'm still learning! But I understand what you say.. 😃
Miracles can happen. It's 2021 and there are some great portables (IEM) flagship level @ less than usd.800. Expensive kit inside including Sonion receivers, drivers
and custom tuned dynamic. German resin shells, Japanese Litz 4 occ spc cables. The Sound is nothing short of magnificent.

Albeit loaded w/ some comments, that can be rectified, yet still this pair of cans sell.
They're very accessible.
SHP9500
Just an example.
Even if a product is north of usd.,1,000, 2,000 or 12,000, there will always be bad comments. The product realisation should very well be the least compromise, more on the Good, much, much less about the bad...

Jun 18, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #29 of 30
Thanks!
Hope to speak to you then.
Kind regards,
Hi. Any updates on these and have the chosen ones been selected and emailed?

Jun 24, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #30 of 30
Amsterdam time, I bet it's Phillips.
On behalf of Philips Sound, I would like to thank the participants in the Focus Group discussion for their input!
We discussed some details of open back headphones with R&D of Philips Sound.
It was extremely useful to discuss these topics with Head-Fi forum members. Having a discussion that goes far beyond what we can discuss with ‘normal’ consumers.
New points of view, dialogues, nuances, fun.
Thanks guys!
Peter Mulder, Improof Research

Users who are viewing this thread

Back