Manners re: Lou
Apr 10, 2002 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

dngl

He'd rather show hisbuns than wear fur.
There has been a complete dearth of manners when it comes to Lou's posts. For every one of his posts, there is a half dozen posts commenting negatively on it. There may have been a slight controversy at first regarding his "authenticity", but his questions and willingness to try out gear shows that he is just searching for good audio. If you have a problem with something he says, you should report it to a mod through PM, not renounce him publicly (yes, that was redundant).

Apr 10, 2002 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 27
I'll second that motion.

Apr 10, 2002 at 6:42 AM Post #6 of 27
I've been noticing a dearth of reactive posts. None of us knows nearly enough about each other to make negative personal judgements (re: the assessment that Lou was full of ****). When a personal slag like this happens, your best bet is to ignore it and keep the thread on topic.

Remember: be proactive, not reactive.

Apr 10, 2002 at 6:42 AM Post #7 of 27
who is this Lou?
conf.gif

Apr 10, 2002 at 7:08 AM Post #10 of 27
I was not making a personal judgement, I was making a judgement on the truthfullness of of his/her posts which seem quite fake to me. If people don't agree with me, I'm sorry. I'm more interested in maintaining the integrity of the forums than worrying about offending someone who threatened to physically attack me.

Apr 10, 2002 at 7:27 AM Post #11 of 27
It's important to the integrity of the forum not to say that other users are full of ****. That's very offense, at least it would be to me. You offended him before he threatened to physically attack you.

Apr 10, 2002 at 7:39 AM Post #13 of 27
What you were doing was being an ass. Nobody likes an ass -- I'm sure you'll agree on that. As has been mentioned, PM one of the moderators if you think somebody isn't on the level or is trying to undermine the message boards. But random insults are not constructive and not appreciated on the boards.

Apr 10, 2002 at 8:08 AM Post #15 of 27
Nobody's interested in insulting comments, as I've said. Random or not, what you were doing was insulting another member based on childish and vague suspicions. You can mumble to yourself in the dark for all I care, just don't bring it to the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back