1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Manley Absolute Loaner Program

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements and Deals' started by Todd, Jan 9, 2019.
  1. Todd Contributor
    Hi All,

We are pleased to announce a loaner program for the awesome Manley Absolute headphone amplifier. The Absolute is the most versatile, adjustable headphone amp I have ever had the pleasure of playing with and listening to. Not sure how anyone will be able to find fault with it (ok, the headphone jacks are on the rear...) from a sonic point of view. It can be used Push Pull or Single Ended, the feedback can be controlled and adjusted to taste, there are tone controls that can either be engaged or defeated, three headphone impedance settings, a balance control and a mono control. Oh, and it comes with a remote too!!!

The team at Manley Labs has done another fabulous job delivering a complete, user friendly product.

We are looking for people who are serious about purchasing this amp for participation in this loaner program. The rules are below the picture

manleyabsolutenew.jpg

The unit available for the loaner program is the black finish. The price of this amazing headphone amp is $4500.

manleyheadphone3.png
    Rules for the loaner program...

Send your name and address, telephone number and your Head-Fi user name to me (Todd) at todd@ttvjaudio.com. Do NOT PM me as you will not be included in the program without an email.

You will get the loaner for 1 week to use in your home with your system. After your one week is up, you must send it to the next loaner participant. Email me (todd@ttvjaudio.com) the tracking info so I can pass it on to the recipient.

You MUST write a review and post it in this loaner thread. It must be posted in the same thread as this announcement for the loaner program. Please post the review here first and feel free to post it somewhere else if you like!

Once you have received the loaner, email me to let me know you have it and I will send the address for the next person.

Our loaner programs are USA only. We are restricted from shipping/selling outside the USA on most products.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Todd

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    TTVJ Stay updated on TTVJ at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/
  2. jerick70
    I would love to try one of these out but have no time right now to test or post a review.

3. Thenewguy007
    I can't wait to hear impressions of the Variable Feedback feature.

Seems something like this should have be implemented in a lot more amplifiers.

4. Deftone
    I couldnt pay 4,500 for something that ugly, im sure it sounds very good though.

nutsfortubes, koenoe and KopaneDePooj like this.
  5. Whitigir
    Lol, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I agreed with you though :D

Deftone likes this.
  6. lambdastorm
    And here’s someone who shelled out 3 grands for Abyss just because they look hip. I feel bad now lmao.

7. Whitigir
    Nah, many people is shelling 8K for Susvara, and it doesn’t look any better. But let’s keep on topic, is this amp fully differential ?

8. Todd Contributor
    Hi All,

The loaner program is now full. I will be posting the participants in an hour or so.

To those who don't think it to be a good looking unit - my reply - but it sounds great and has an awesome personality:>) And boy does it sing!

Thank you for participating in this thread and the loaner program. I will be shipping it out next Tuesday or Wednesday after I have played with it some more.

Todd

9. Todd Contributor
    Hi All,

So here are the 9 loaner participants... . HAVE FUN with the Absolute!!!

Absolute Loaner Program

Wazzupi

Buffer

Thenewguy007

rhester19

Raybone0566

Todd R

Lambdastorm

JTori

vc1187

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019

Thenewguy007 likes this.
  10. Todd Contributor
    The list has been updated with all 9 who will be receiving the Absolute. It will ship out early next week...

Todd

11. manleylabs
    Howdy guys! Glad ya'll are digging' our new Manley Absolute Headphone Amplifier. Thanks for the compliments.
    Whitiger: The inputs are RCA unbalanced and the front end circuitry and relay attenuator are unbalanced until it hits the 6AQ5 output stage, and even then, you can select Single-Ended *or* Push-Pull operation modes.

The Manley IRON® output transformers were a bear to develop as we are demanding a lot from them to be able to deliver three different output impedance ranges to either headphones or RCA line level outputs, handle switching topologies SE vs PP, and accommodate zero to 10dB of Global Negative Feedback. I think we built 23 prototypes? Sure is easier because we wind 'em in-house. We sure are spoiled having our own magnetics department!

Anyway, if y'all have any questions, feel free to hit me up.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    WNBC likes this.
  12. WNBC
    Subscribed. Excited to read the upcoming reviews.

13. Todd Contributor
    Some more pics... I updated the pic in the first post with a current rendering of the Absolute.

manleyabsolutecopper1.jpg

manley-absolute-headphone-silver-back-3000px.jpg manley-absolute-headphone-black-angle-3000px.jpg manley-absolute-headphone-silver-angle-3000px.jpg

The three color finishes of the Absolute and a rear panel shot...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019

14. Todd Contributor
    Also, A big Thank You to EveAnna Manley for joining us in this thread! I appreciate the help with the technical questions!

Todd

manleylabs likes this.