XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jun 14, 2020 at 7:32 AM Post #61 of 909
He or she had a misplaced modifier that made it hard to tell, but I think they meant the Mangird Tea had bass bleed (some.)

What I want to know is which is more “engaging.” There’s this quality, and I don’t know what creates it, where there’s clarity and energy, but also a sensation where the music sort of invites you into it. The Starfield has it, and for over ear headphones, the Fidelio X2 have “it.”

Blessing 2 struck me as clinical and dry according to reviews. Is that your experience of it?
Mangird will be more engaging since it has more bass and warmer mids compared to blessing
"The sensation where the music sorts of invite you" maybe is the in your face feeling that i describe. The music/artists is like singing in you head, not out of head.

But b2 actually not that clinical or dry as you thing. The bass is actually still pretty punchy, deep and fun. They are also not crazily detailed, still below the s8. Just enough, imho.

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #62 of 909
Ahhh... I thought the shoutier upper mids were the Mangird, too.
If you look from the graph, b2 has shoutier upper mids, but when you listen to mangird, since the vocal is more forward, it become shoutier and harsher than B2, imo.

Jun 14, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #63 of 909
Got the Mangrid Tea. They performed pretty closely to the Moondrop Blessing 2 but had slightly inferior technicalities.

Bass: The Tea has more subbass quantity and better texture than B2 but a tad slower in speed, longer decay and little bleed to the mids. The bass on B2 also has a tad more body than in Mangird.
Mids: Vocal on Mangird is more forward/in your face contrasting the B2 that are more laid back. Mangird vocal also feel slightly veiled due to the bass bleed, and since it's more forward, female vocal can sound harsher and shouty.
Treble: Mangird have more and better extended treble than the B2, which make them feels pretty airer. Cymbals & hats also feels a bit clearer and crispier but maybe a bit harsh for my taste.

Soundstage & Staging: Have above average height but average in width and depth. Plus with the more foward vocal, the soundstage feels more intimate than B2. B2 feels more open and out of head.
Resolution & Seperation: Resolution is still better on B2 since it has no bass bleed and better depth on the imaging. On Mangird, some instruments does get a little mixed up sometimes.

But overall they are really a very competent iem for the price and can be a cheaper with slightly inferior technicalities alternative for the Blessing 2.

That's a very nice comparison, yorosello. Did you really find the treble to have more quantity on the Mangird (since the graph shows otherwise)?

Also, which do you think electric guitars and bass guitar sound with more clarity and precise? And how is the noise isolation?

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #64 of 909
Interesting drop in the 5kHz region. I imagine these don't have an intimate sound (in a good way)?

Not sure 5 kHz converts into having intimate sound. You sound worry about the 3kHz which is favored by some because of the magnificent shout when done right.

5kHz helps with definition.
3kHz helps with presence. Not a sound engineer, so take my brownie with a grain of salt.

Jun 14, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #65 of 909
Mangird that does have the mid bass bleed into the mids. B2 is more transparent. With fuller mids on Mangird, they have thicker body. Shoutier uppper mids is on Blessing 2.
Got it, thanks for clarifying! I imagine both are great for what they are.

Jun 14, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #66 of 909
That's a very nice comparison, yorosello. Did you really find the treble to have more quantity on the Mangird (since the graph shows otherwise)?

Also, which do you think guitars sound better (with more clarity and bite) ? And how is the noise isolation?

Blessing 2 isn't good with guitars in general UNLESS they were actually bright by default (meaning as per guitarist specs) - example of this is Hoodoo by Muse or Bill Frisell on his "Imagine" album. They sound superb in that context, but for other guitars...B2 aren't my champion in my books, as a guitar player who's needy for timbre.

Also, Blessing 2 ime is not clinical... you'll need more resolution than that, plus a "cooler temperature". B2 is a technical one that's for sure.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #67 of 909
which is more “engaging.” There’s this quality, and I don’t know what creates it, where there’s clarity and energy, but also a sensation where the music sort of invites you into it. The Starfield has it, and for over ear headphones, the Fidelio X2 have “it.”
I know what you mean. There can be a certain quality that can just enthrall you from the start, and can make an IEM sound very euphonic. This is completely subjective, and different for everyone, but so far, I’ve only had that feeling with the BL03 and the Legacy 3. A lot of others, I liked right away, but didn’t necessarily feel had an intoxicating sound.
I’m very interested in the Moondrop Blessing 2 as well, but wonder if it may be a bit of a duplication of the FDX1.

Jun 14, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #68 of 909

Also, which do you think electric guitars and bass guitar sound with more clarity and precise? And how is the noise isolation?
It does have more treble extension than b2 when i heard them. I was supposed to get a graph for it but idk why my coupler suddenly didn't work last night. I may need to get a new mic & borrow them from my friend again for graph.

For electric guitar and bass guitar both sound rather similar but mangird do have more subbass so you feel more impact. But on B2 it has lesser subbass but i feel a deeper punch, so this might be more into your preference on which you'll like to hear.
For noise isolation, B2 is still better since the shell is half filled, while the mangird is not filled. So it's lighter and isolate less noise

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #69 of 909
Just FYI, for anyone interested, the Mangird Tea is currently available through Drop, for $260.

Jun 15, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #71 of 909
Blessing 2 isn't good with guitars in general UNLESS they were actually bright by default (meaning as per guitarist specs) - example of this is Hoodoo by Muse or Bill Frisell on his "Imagine" album. They sound superb in that context, but for other guitars...B2 aren't my champion in my books, as a guitar player who's needy for timbre.

Also, Blessing 2 ime is not clinical... you'll need more resolution than that, plus a "cooler temperature". B2 is a technical one that's for sure.
Thanks for your input. I listen to a lot of distorted bright guitar, as I'm mostly a prog/metalhead, but I'm into many music genre that use clean strings, such as jazz, classic, blues, flamenco and etc. So, for the price do you think the Blessing can be one of the bests an allrounder? What's is it that you don't like, the timble/tonality? What do you listen to (just so I can hae an idea/reference). I have the Blon-03 and like it's tonality (aside from the bass quantity). If you have it and can use as reference for comparison would be nice.

Also I play guitar too, but I don't intend to use the B2 as a monitor, for the moment.
PS: Really liked the second song you mentioned. That was a nice find, thanks :L3000:

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #72 of 909
How would Mangird tea compare with ISN H40 or Tri i3? Any reason to upgrade?
I play guitar, metal. Nothing has taken me by storm like the EJ07. Its UNREAL how good it sounds monitoring my rig. Never heard anything like it.

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #73 of 909
I play guitar, metal. Nothing has taken me by storm like the EJ07. Its UNREAL how good it sounds monitoring my rig. Never heard anything like it.
I’ve heard that’s a legendary IEM. Jelly.

(The editor in me requires that I inform you that “envious” would have been the correct word to use here.)

Jun 17, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #74 of 909
So when are you getting the Shuoer Conductor, @redrol? It may end up being a complement for the EJ07, b/c as much as you like the EJ07, it’s gonna be tough to “beat” it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back