XENNS (previously known as Mangird) Impressions Thread
Jan 22, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #377 of 909
i miss my tea:point_right::point_left::no_mouth:

I sold mine yeasterday because i listen every time with higher IEMs like Volt or Opus Mia and some times with Insects Awaken.

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #378 of 909
Hi Everyone! I am considering buying Mangird Tea. Also comparing Legacy 5, Legacy 4 and Fiio FD5 with these. I love bass (mostly listen to EDM - not dubstep so not fast bass but Trap so heavy sub-bass type, and slow vocal songs - mostly hindi with male/female vocals and multiple instruments like guitars, flute etc.) but also love finding micro-details and separation of instruments and their relative position. Sorry I am new to the hi-fi world. Any help would be appreciated. I currently own BGVP DM6 (want to go step up from them) and UE900. I love BGVP for its details and stage but all or most of my EDM drops become too sharp so I cant vibe with it at higher volumes. On lower volumes it is okay. Please help. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #379 of 909
Hi Everyone! I am considering buying Mangird Tea. Also comparing Legacy 5, Legacy 4 and Fiio FD5 with these. I love bass (mostly listen to EDM - not dubstep so not fast bass but Trap so heavy sub-bass type, and slow vocal songs - mostly hindi with male/female vocals and multiple instruments like guitars, flute etc.) but also love finding micro-details and separation of instruments and their relative position. Sorry I am new to the hi-fi world. Any help would be appreciated. I currently own BGVP DM6 (want to go step up from them) and UE900. I love BGVP for its details and stage but all or most of my EDM drops become too sharp so I cant vibe with it at higher volumes. On lower volumes it is okay. Please help. Thank you in advance!
If EDM is your primary genre of music, and you love bass, the Mangird Tea can play it reasonably well, but it wouldn’t be my top pick for it. I would prefer something like the Urbanfun YBF or the iBasso IT00 for a ton of bass. Of the ones you mentioned, though I personally haven’t heard it yet, based on multiple impressions, the FD5 might be ideal for you.

Jan 26, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #380 of 909
If EDM is your primary genre of music, and you love bass, the Mangird Tea can play it reasonably well, but it wouldn’t be my top pick for it. I would prefer something like the Urbanfun YBF or the iBasso IT00 for a ton of bass. Of the ones you mentioned, though I personally haven’t heard it yet, based on multiple impressions, the FD5 might be ideal for you.
Totally agree, FD5 would be your cup of tea, but give it some hours to burn it.

Jan 26, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #381 of 909
Totally agree, FD5 would be your cup of tea, but give it some hours to burn it.
Thank you for the response guys! But would I be losing other great qualities using a bass heavy set like FD5? I am not sure if you have it but I have heard it is pretty similar to FH3 (only better). I am willing to lose a bit of bass for overall better details and just a better overall experience. This is why I was leaning towards L5 or Tea (I have heard L4 is brighter so I was avoiding it due to my DM6 sharp treble experience, not sure how they compare).

And from my research I understood that Tea has sub-bass focus which I really miss on DM6, it has the thump but not that "feel" of heavy vibration..... Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #382 of 909
Jan 26, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #383 of 909
Thank you for the response guys! But would I be losing other great qualities using a bass heavy set like FD5? I am not sure if you have it but I have heard it is pretty similar to FH3 (only better). I am willing to lose a bit of bass for overall better details and just a better overall experience. This is why I was leaning towards L5 or Tea (I have heard L4 is brighter so I was avoiding it due to my DM6 sharp treble experience, not sure how they compare).

And from my research I understood that Tea has sub-bass focus which I really miss on DM6, it has the thump but not that "feel" of heavy vibration..... Please correct me if I am wrong.
If you read impressions on the FD5, detail retrieval and resolution are reportedly excellent. The Tea has good resolution, but due to the lower treble dip, you lose some detail retrieval IMO. The Tea has great imaging and instrument separation, but by reports, the FD5 has very impressive soundstage and imaging. Please don’t take anything I say about the FD5 as true, I’m just nudging you in a direction I think will be beneficial. Read reviews, as @Xinlisupreme linked, and also read through this thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-fd5-1dd-flagship-from-fiio.949578/

Jan 26, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #384 of 909

(I don't want to dissuade this thread's discussion on the Tea, so I'll suggest you head over to either the FD5 thread or one of the more general ones, to discuss other options)

The FD5 addresses a rather broad expanse of the frequency response range, in stock form; but they’re very open to modifications: high purity copper cables, EQ, tips and or high frequency dampening filters.

I’m a weekend bass head, that wants as much micro/macro detail, that my treble sensitive ears can tolerate; so take my feedback with that perspective in mind. . Without knowing if your appreciation for the low end runs parallel to mine, (after the recommended 100 - 200 hr. break in, by FiiO) you may find the FD5 is perfect for your needs. For me a good copper cable was needed, to open the door to the sub-basement, where you can feel the lower frequencies, while not sacrificing the response to the upper frequencies.

Link, links & more links
As @Xinlisupreme suggests, take a gander at the dedicated thread for the FiiO FD5. I would start with one of @Dsnuts initial observations : link
Also, two excellent reviews from forum members: link
Here's my initial review of the FD5: link
Stock vs. OFHC High Purity Oxygen-Free Copper Cable: link
General discussion, for more options: link

Jan 26, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #385 of 909

You might want to try the IKKO OH1 or OH10. Those are quite well known for their subbass response.

Feb 18, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #386 of 909
I made a full in-depth written review about the Mangrid Tea!!

I love the sound of them, they are pretty comfy, and I also spent some time to compare them to current competitors :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/02/natural-balanced-lively-mangrid-tea-iems.html

Mangrid-Tea-Hybrid-IEMs-Earphones-Linsoul-Audio-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-22.jpg

Feb 18, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #387 of 909
Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #389 of 909
While not very similar, there are some similarities that I find interesting.

19CD6424-BB7E-4129-A77B-D2996E12BEB5.jpeg

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #390 of 909

Users who are viewing this thread

Back