Mall-Fi Is Now Open
Jul 8, 2002 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8
We have received feedback indicating a lot of interest lately in commercial posting (advertising) in Head-Fi (from those who wish to make commercial posts). As you know, we do not allow commercial ad posts (or ad-like posts) in the main forums. Given the growing interest by established and new companies to post ads and ad-like posts, we created a separate forum solely for commercial posts called Mall-Fi.

Mall-Fi is a pay-to-post area. Proceeds from Mall-Fi posting fees will help cover the costs of operating Head-Fi.

You can see Mall-Fi now in the main forums summary page. For more information about posting in Mall-Fi, follow the Mall-Fi link from the main forums summary page (http://www.head-fi.org/forums).

NOTE: Mall-Fi is not a discussion forum. Therefore no in-thread responses to the ads will be allowed in Mall-Fi; so please do not respond to any Mall-Fi ads.

Jul 8, 2002 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 8
Is there a script that will tell us the cost of a given ad in advance, or do we have to do the old "count and calculate" routine?

Jul 8, 2002 at 5:20 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Is there a script that will tell us the cost of a given ad in advance, or do we have to do the old "count and calculate" routine?

eric343,

There's no script, but you will receive a PayPal request that states the amount requested (based on what you post), with an included comment in the request with details.

Of course, if you don't agree with the word count, it is at your discretion to deny the request for funds.

I just use MS Word to count characters (not including spaces) and then I'll divide by five, and then multiply that by the per-word amount you're eligible for. If you have MS Word, you can calculate the cost of the ad that way too.

-- Jude --

Jul 8, 2002 at 6:12 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Ouch. That would mean my original ad would cost me almost $140/mo! Time to do some editing...

Part of the intent is to encourage short- to medium-length ads -- similar to most classifieds in a newspaper.

You can, of course, point to a web site that contains further information.

I'm guessing most ads in Mall-Fi will run at the minimum $20 to $25 per month, with a minority going over that.

Jul 8, 2002 at 6:22 PM Post #6 of 8
It sounds like a great idea. I hope the advertisers have links where members can ask further questions and get reponses in lieu of responding to the posts.

One of pet peves are businesses that have an email adress and then never respond.

Jul 8, 2002 at 7:46 PM Post #7 of 8
One last thing- I just submitted an ad, but forgot about the "one image allowed". Am I allowed to edit my ad after I've paid for it to add the image?

Jul 8, 2002 at 7:54 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

One last thing- I just submitted an ad, but forgot about the "one image allowed". Am I allowed to edit my ad after I've paid for it to add the image?

PM me with the image URL and I'll add it, eric343.

Look for the PayPal request via e-mail.

Thanks for supporting Head-Fi through Mall-Fi, eric343! You're the first Mall-Fi'er.
cool.gif
May you sell a lot of what it is you're selling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back