Male pattern baldness thread...
Jul 5, 2005 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
Im 34.. and never in a million years did I expect to loose it like this at this age. It sucks!! I had this nice shiny patch on my dome last summer, but have been using rogaine and it freikin WORKS!! I was highly skeptical.

Anyone else battling the bald? Anything work better than rogaine/minoxodyl?
thanks... all comments/rants welcome!!

**edit** I dont have pics of my patch last summer, my HD crashed since and lost em.
Garrett

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 49
Muahahahahahaha!!! The joy of being young! Laughing at the old folk with no hair muahahahahahaha!!
biggrin.gif

sorry

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 49
It wouldnt really bother me that much... except the sunburn is a killer, and I cant listen to my MS2 with my scalp soaking in minoxodyl.
frown.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 49
I, for one, have long hair.
tongue.gif
Which can get warm in summer though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
It wouldnt really bother me that much... except the sunburn is a killer, and I cant listen to my MS2 with my scalp soaking in minoxodyl.
frown.gif

Oh wow...that sucks very badly.

Well, my idol is bald too, as seen (or not) in my ava. So if baldness fits you...it's not that bad.

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
frown.gif

Ya I bet that sunburn would hurt pretty bad. You can always got back to your "Kramer Mod" ksc-75s. But that would make you miss the MS2is.

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 49
Not to sound racist, but I didn't think asian people suffered from that. (I'm asian too) Most of the ones I know still have a lot, even in their old age. I'm just glad my mom and dad still have a good amt of nice black hair. (they're in their 50s) I used to fear this a bit too when I was a kid, I have a bigger forehead than most people, and I could swear my hairline was receding. That said, my head looks better now than it did a few years ago, strange.

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #7 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Not to sound racist, but I didn't think asian people suffered from that. (I'm asian too) Most of the ones I know still have a lot, even in their old age. I'm just glad my mom and dad still have a good amt of nice black hair. (they're in their 50s) I used to fear this a bit too when I was a kid, I have a bigger forehead than most people, and I could swear my hairline was receding. That said, my head looks better now than it did a few years ago, strange.

Yeah me too... I guess Im the odd one out.

Garrett

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:44 PM Post #8 of 49
All my idols have almost perfect hairlines
confused.gif

I think the best solution is hair transplant. They put the hairs from the back of your head that are immune to the hormone that causes the balding in men and transplant it to the thinned areas. In the future they'll clone these hairs that are at the back of your head and then everyone can replace all your hairs with these clones
cool.gif

A lot of indian people have really good hairlines i've noticed even at an old age. I seen someone related to my dad with a hairline like a 10 year old and must of been 70+ !

I hope I don't go bald!
eek.gif
I feel sorry for teenagers (not me!) that have receding hairlines
eek.gif
confused.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #10 of 49
I've been devoloping a receding hairline since my mid 20's, now I have 2 bald spots, one above each side of my forehead. I counter it by shaving my head weekly!

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #11 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
I counter it by shaving my head weekly!

Beating it at its own game I see!

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:51 PM Post #12 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
A friend of mine tried rogaine, but without success. The only hair that he grew was on his hands.

LOL.

I've hit 30, and so far no signs of balding. I really don't think it would bother me anyway. If I started balding, I would just close crop it. Besides, I think some guys pull of balding fairly good (not talking about those guys that go completely bald on top and grow the sides long ie "Frasier"). It's all in the swagger.

Jul 5, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #13 of 49
I believe that I heard something about the MPB gene skipping a generation. My Grandfather was bald, my Father is not. Now both my brother and I have MPB. I'm 6'7" tall so what do I care. My Brother is 5'10" and he has actually started shaving his head.

When do you need to accept the fact that you are old and that you will die soon? A few years ago I was out with my GF on a sunny day so we grabbed the sunscreen. I put it on her, and then she puts it on me, she doesn't skip a beat she smears it right on the top of my head. It didn't bother her but it sort of shocked me.

If I had my druthers* I wouldn't be going bald, but I really don't care enough to go thru using Rogain or Surgery. The one thing that I don't like is; I use to wear my hair long. Now I don't, men loosing their hair who attempt to compensate by wearing long hair look like loosers. Now I go short haired to keep from appearing to be one of the loosers who are attempting to hide or compensate for their going bald.

*What the hell are "Druthers" and why would we want them?

Jul 5, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #14 of 49
Yep, its been ongoing since my early 20's (once i cut my long hair!).

Regardless, i have turned to rogaine and i did grow one long hair...on my right ear.
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, baldness runs in the family, especially my father's side where all the men are bald, bald, bald.

I imagine in another 10 years i'll be really bald like them too. Damnit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back