Making the cable longer without soldering - possible?
May 4, 2006 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ZZDMAN

New Head-Fier
hello,
my sister is getting me a second pair of KSC 75's from the US which im going to be using with my pc. The cable is pretty short and won't get to the back of my pc comfortably. I'm looking for a 1-2 meter extension. Anyone know if there are female-male audio extension cables which i can use for this purpose?

Better yet, is there an extension with two connections so that i can keep my speakers connected (aiwa stereo) and listen to my koss phones? i can always turn down the volume on the koss using the volume control and i can always turn off the stereo therefore it should not be a problem...

thanks!

May 4, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 5
hmm... try this one on for size:
Take a 1/8" jack (headphone) splitter (Like this or this)
then get an 1/8" extension cord for your headphones (Like this or this)
Then, plug the extension into one output, with your headphones at the other end, and your stereo in the other open hole.

If you don't already have your stereo hooked up to your computer, you'll most likely need one of these.
On second thought, doesn't your stereo have a headphone jack? Couldn't you plug the headphones into that and save yourself $10?
A diagram to illustrate my thoughts:

extension cord- KSC-75s
computer-Splitter<
1/8" to RCA interconnect- stereo

Or

computer- stereo- headphones

May 4, 2006 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks guys and a special thanks to vidas7de7jesus7 for the links
smily_headphones1.gif

yup just the stuff i was looking for. I forgot to mention that i live in israel (do i smell political topics arising in the near future?
tongue.gif
)

In any case, radioshack are really overpriced!
Everything in israel is more expensive than in the US and i can easily get the headphone splitter for 1-2$.

I will also check how much the stereo headphone cable costs in my area cause 15$ sounds outrageous.

In any case, thanks a bunch
580smile.gif

forgot to ask, does using a splitter and an extension cable reduce sound quality and if so by how much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back