Making Grados lil more comfy
Mar 5, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
Which incidentally costs as much as the cans themselves. Maybe worthwhile for the upper Grado's but not for the lower ones.

Actually, they can be easily detached from the cans, so if you plan on upgrading later, it is definitely worth the investment.

Mar 5, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #17 of 31
Im now considering possibly returning my SR125's as I bought them locally and maybe getting some Sennheisers. Im keeping the SR60's just to add to my collection and use for occasional rock sessions. Might work well because when my ears get fatigued of the Grado sound I can jump over to my sennheisers. Now I guess the question being what should I get on the Sennheiser side? I was thinking of snagging a pair of the HD490's. Local store has those in stock. They also stock Audio Technica but I have never used those before.

Mar 5, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #19 of 31
Anybody tried out those lambskin headbands from headphile? Are they a significant improvement over the stock headband?

Mar 5, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty
Anybody tried out those lambskin headbands from headphile? Are they a significant improvement over the stock headband?

I heard they are more supple (softer) than the original headband but is not padded in any way. They are also (apparently) rather flabby because of the lack of support.

Mar 5, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #21 of 31
I dont no if I was looking up the right stuff but those c-pads on headphiles site are $100 alone. I dont wanna sink that much money in to these if I already am not liking some features. I have enough money in to them already. Am I one of the few that think that the Grado's are really bright sounding and not comfy for long listening sessions? Anyone else here go from Grado's to something else? If so what?

Thanks

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #22 of 31
Ok so I have a question. Right when I was getting ready to give up on my Grado's I found something out. Well I was bored and said ahh im just gona watch a dvd. So I picked a random "tons of dvd's" XxX with Vin Diesel "Lots of action/explosions and watched the whole movie with my Grado sr60's with double comfy's on. I was blown away on how immersive the movies audio was. So my question is why would my music sound nowhere as good as my dvd's through the same phones? All my music is encoded at high bitrates. Not just to find out im gona throw in a couple diff dvd's and see how those sound. But man am I clueless now lol. Any input is appreciated.

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #24 of 31
Im playing it through my computer. Mac Mini G4. I also ordered an external usb sound card to see if that makes a difference. My big question is why do the dvd movies sound so good though? Even the soundtracks at the end of the dvd's sound awesome. Whenever I play anthing through itunes it doesnt sound as good.

Thanks

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr56k
Im playing it through my computer. Mac Mini G4. I also ordered an external usb sound card to see if that makes a difference. My big question is why do the dvd movies sound so good though? Even the soundtracks at the end of the dvd's sound awesome. Whenever I play anthing through itunes it doesnt sound as good.

Thanks

I'd check the EQ settings in iTunes, they might be out of whack.

Mar 5, 2006 at 10:09 PM Post #26 of 31
Does everyone mod their grado's? Maybe I just have a small head, but after a couple days of getting used to them, they aren't really uncomfortable. I enjoy wearing them for short naps, I can't roll over or anything, so I don't fall in too deep of sleep.

Mar 5, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #27 of 31
checked eq settings in iTunes. It is set at flat. Everything else seems to be good. At one point I did try messing with the eq in itunes to see if it would help the sound but no such luck.

Mar 5, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr56k
checked eq settings in iTunes. It is set at flat. Everything else seems to be good. At one point I did try messing with the eq in itunes to see if it would help the sound but no such luck.

Well, my only suggestion is to let them burn in for a long time. I have heard that the brightness of Grado's tames down a bit after burn in.

Mar 5, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #29 of 31
I've been using the Senn 414 pads for a week now on my MS2i, and they increased comrot quite significantly for me. Well worth the $8 or so I paid, but the wait time (A month) to ship was not so nice.

If you can deal with the yellowness of them and cut a hole in the center, I'd say grab a pair.

Mar 5, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #30 of 31
Well I already grabbed a pair or Ratshacks foamies which fit nice. I did do the hole in the middle "quarter size". I guess I will just continue to use them and see if the brightness goes down some. Well plan is tomorrow im returning my Grado sr125's, keeping my sr60's "gona keep burning in" and pick out some nice in ears with the money after return. Thanks guys for all the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back