Making 3.5mm audio cables with Conductive Glue?
Mar 11, 2018 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tsukuyomi

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I'm hoping to get started making my own 3.5mm audio cables (and some 6.4mm to 3.5mm for some headphones).
I know most people use soldering for connecting the plug to the cables, but i was wondering, would conductive wire glue be a less dangerous option?

Reasons i'm asking is because, it looks like an easier solution, im not very good at soldering, and currently i don't have any soldering tools available to me.
I've seen that the glue in question makes fantastic current transfers. so, would it be ok for the wire ends?
would signal be comparable to that of soldering? would it compromise audio quality?

I'm sure i'll have more questions, but any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 11, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 3
The reviews on Amazon lead me to believe that it's probably not ideal... but why not try it out? Experimentation is how most of us ended up getting started in DIY. Once you form the connections, use a multimeter to test the resistance. That will quickly let you know if it's working well or not.

Soldering is an important skill to learn and there are many great tutorials on Youtube to help you learn. Let me know if you can't find any and I will try and dig up some good ones for you.

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 3
The reviews on Amazon lead me to believe that it's probably not ideal... but why not try it out? Experimentation is how most of us ended up getting started in DIY. Once you form the connections, use a multimeter to test the resistance. That will quickly let you know if it's working well or not.

Soldering is an important skill to learn and there are many great tutorials on Youtube to help you learn. Let me know if you can't find any and I will try and dig up some good ones for you.
Thanks! i'll give a shot. worse comes to worse its like you said, a learning experience.
If i have any questions i'll repost. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back