Make your Pocket PC a iPod
Mar 2, 2004 at 9:30 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by lindrone
You can use it in the dock when it's charging via the AC adaptor, not when you have it connected to a computer.

Must be a Windows thing, as my 3G 20GB iPod (running the latest firmware) allows me to play music through the headphones while it's docked so long as I "eject" the iPod in iTunes first.

Mar 2, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #18 of 25
the whole point of the ipod is that it's a simple, intuitive device designed to be navigated. and to replicate that environment on another device? they're copying design ideas without really understanding their motivation. why they did this when they could have tried to create an elegant solution designed for the platform it's on?

I'm baffled.

Mar 3, 2004 at 3:55 PM Post #19 of 25
If they would have added support for playback of AAC files, now THAT would have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Still nothing I'm aware of that can play back AAC files on a PPC. Damned shame too, that would be fantastic.

br0adband

Jul 20, 2004 at 9:31 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizelbs
Lame. It was a GUI, not a physical copy of the iPod interface. Thats lame. Get off their backs. Unless they were charging for the GUI. Were they?

Well, the Apple/Pixo OS GUI is part of the rip-off, but to answer your question... yes.

Jul 21, 2004 at 3:02 AM Post #23 of 25
What I'm really still waiting is for a HE/LC-AAC player; not for PocketPC, to be honest, but for PalmOS. It could even look like Windows Media Player ou RealPlayer, since it could play MP3, Vorbis and AAC. Thinking twice, it'd have to play Musepack as well for this appearance.
buttrock2.gif

Sep 29, 2004 at 9:08 PM Post #25 of 25
What? since when could software be patented? Not like they copied the code to the letter. This is bs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back