Make the change—with one tiny wire.FiiO Headphone cable- RC-X will be in the market
Jul 24, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #136 of 167
Old bump. Dunno if they really did much of a sonic change, but I just like the feel of the cable over the stock Shure by a MILE. I don't have the cutting out problems or the microphonics any more than stock, but no stupid memory wire, no thick plastic sheath around it, and heck I think it just looks nicer. For $35 I can't complain at all.

Jul 31, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #137 of 167
Hi. New user here. I've been consulting this page for a while to check reviews and advise on items. Ended up getting the westone um pro 30 over the shure 535 suffice to say that overall sound Weston is the best one, at least in my opinion. Got the fiio cable just out of curiosity. The plastic of the cable is stiff not soft as the epic westone but it does bring something extra to the table as far as sound. A more wide and rounded sound, the stagesound becomes completely immersive and IRS worth the 27 Eur I spent don't it. Microphonics on the cable are hellish but if u wear it in let's say public transport you won't notice. Worth the money!

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #139 of 167
It makes the sound signature of XBA-H3 brighter, faster, analytical, also it makes mid-bass less. Personally, I don't like that changes on XBA-H3.
Thanks for the opinion violencer :)

Funnily, all those traits are what I'm looking for, so - might be spending some cash on this cable afterall :)

Aug 17, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #140 of 167
Thanks for the opinion violencer
smily_headphones1.gif

Funnily, all those traits are what I'm looking for, so - might be spending some cash on this cable afterall
smily_headphones1.gif

That's a common improvement I noticed with all silver-plated OFC cables (RC-SE1 and other ones from Lunashops).  They brighten up the sound, make it more detailed and crisp, less veiled.  This improvement works great with balanced sound signature IEMs, but might throw you over the threshold of tolerable sibilance level when dealing with analytical IEMs (bright BA drivers).  Personally, I love the improvement of RC-SE1 with W40, adds more details to their laid back warm smoothness, but with UE900 it got pushed more toward mid-centric brightness.  I guess, all is a matter of a personal taste :wink:

Aug 22, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #141 of 167
Finally committed and ordered - will be delivered tomorrow...

Looking forward to pushing the Sony XBA-H3 nearer to Senn IE800 levels :)

Sep 2, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #142 of 167
Has anyone tried the FiiO RC-SE1 with the Shure 215, I am considering buying a cord
does it improve the sound or is it mainly just for looks?

Sep 3, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #143 of 167
  Has anyone tried the FiiO RC-SE1 with the Shure 215, I am considering buying a cord
does it improve the sound or is it mainly just for looks?

It doesn't improve the sound, it changes it a little.
As mentioned above, all silver-plated OFC cables will boost up sub-bass and trebles (+0.1-1dB), also downgrade a little midbass (-0.1-1dB) and makes vocal more forward, sound will become more analytical and cold. However, I think that what exactly of kHz on FR will be changed depends on cables AWG specification. Only think I believe what cables is improve it's a soundstage, instrument separation and clarity (more strands of fine copper conductor = better soundstage and better clarity). Even so, how exactly it will be improved also depends on IEMs and source (AMP) specifications.

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #144 of 167
^ +1 

That's exactly how I would describe the improvement, tested it both with UE900 and W40.

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #145 of 167
It doesn't improve the sound, it changes it a little.

As mentioned above, all silver-plated OFC cables will boost up sub-bass and trebles (+0.1-1dB), also downgrade a little midbass (-0.1-1dB) and makes vocal more forward, sound will become more analytical and cold. However, I think that what exactly of kHz on FR will be changed depends on cables AWG specification. Only think I believe what cables is improve it's a soundstage, instrument separation and clarity (more strands of fine copper conductor = better soundstage and better clarity). Even so, how exactly it will be improved also depends on IEMs and source (AMP) specifications.

Thankyou for the perfect discription, but i think I might upgrade when the cord breaks even though the original cord is heavy and annoying, but i can put up with it for a while.

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #146 of 167
They're good... But they're terrible. Good when it works, but half the time the cable cuts out. I've only had it a day, too.

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #147 of 167
They're good... But they're terrible. Good when it works, but half the time the cable cuts out. I've only had it a day, too.

Really I bought one the other day, only reason was it was 40cm shorter and the original cord is really heavy and annoying.

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #148 of 167
Mine so far never cuts out.. Maybe try to check your drivers though. My left driver connection is a bit iffy but with the cable secured behind my head it's working quite well.. Need to change iems soon though.

Also yeah it's a terrible cable physically.. It's so stiff compared to other softer prettier braided ones but for the price and sound it delivers I can't complain much :wink:

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #149 of 167
Mine so far never cuts out.. Maybe try to check your drivers though. My left driver connection is a bit iffy but with the cable secured behind my head it's working quite well.. Need to change iems soon though.

Also yeah it's a terrible cable physically.. It's so stiff compared to other softer prettier braided ones but for the price and sound it delivers I can't complain much :wink:

Thanks for your help but I only got my SE215 about a week or two ago, it's definitely not the drivers because I connected the stock cable, no problems with it. :/ might have to use the RCSE as my static cable for home, idk

Put my 215ltds under a macro lens and shook the stock cable around while wearing them - no cut out.

EDIT - the left driver is easier to spin around than the right... I'm worried, only had these IEMs for 2 weeks.

Sep 13, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #150 of 167
Hmm so far usually the shures have connector problems in my experience as they're the more stressed part when used and taken off :) at least for my case. Hope you find the root cause though.
But check with the shop maybe they can replace it for you in any case new items should be easier to replace :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back