Make the change—with one tiny wire.FiiO Headphone cable- RC-X will be in the market
May 9, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #121 of 167
I just got mine after the cable on my SM3v2 gave out at the jack (right side stopped reciving sound)

First impressions ? 22 euros at zococity (spanish shop) compared to the 45 euros + shipping Earsonics asks for a new cable i can say im pleased,

The fit is good and the connectors inserted all the way easy with little effort, the left side seems to have a hairline gap (you cant see it unless you hold it against the light), The cables are preshaped instead of having memory cables, I must say its more comfortable.
The sound quality is equal to the original cable (just testing it now, its just first impression), Microphonics is almost gone when music is playing, but if it isnt... its like a major lazer song, im pretty sure a couple of dubstep fans out there would think the music is still playing.

So

Pros : good quality cable, sound quality is similar if not as good as the original cable, Foam stress relief instead of harder pastic one, Preshaped cables so you dont have to play with them changing shape when you store them, for earsonics users its a cable thats just as good as the original (or even better) at half the price
Cons : When not playing music Microphonics can only be described as Dubstep style, Long straight jack that might be uncomfortable.

Jun 12, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #123 of 167
  How can I go about getting a repalcement FiiO cable, I got one earlier this year from Amazon and the wiring is starting to fall apart. 

Did you contact the seller to find out if it's still under warranty?  For example, if you bought it from Miccastore on Amazon, they are an official authorized FiiO distributor and would service it under warranty.  Of course, if it's outside of warranty, that wouldn't help.

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #124 of 167

Did you contact the seller to find out if it's still under warranty?  For example, if you bought it from Miccastore on Amazon, they are an official authorized FiiO distributor and would service it under warranty.  Of course, if it's outside of warranty, that wouldn't help.

Okay thank you. I did buy it from Amazon two months ago. I will get in touch with Amazon.

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #125 of 167
just my humble 2 cents

The Fiio cable is a nice cable, particularly since it doesn't have the memory cable on it like the Shure.

But I've found that the earphone plug is a bit over-sized in width.

It won't fully connect into the jack when I use it with several different cases on my Samsung devices.

My solution was to to take a knife to one of my cases and enlarge the holes in it.

it'd be awesome with a smaller sized plug

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #128 of 167
the bass quantity increase, the mid a bit more forward, treble settles down a bit. dark sounding cable to my ears.
Agreed re the TF10...

Wondering if the SE1 version will open up the sound of the Sony XBA-H3??

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #129 of 167
Agreed re the TF10...

Wondering if the SE1 version will open up the sound of the Sony XBA-H3??

Not sure about the effect on dynamic drivers since I used my SE1 cable with UE900 and W40, but with BAs it brightens the sound, adds more details, and also improves the dynamics.  I wish they would make one for IM03 since AT uses a different 2-pin connector, so I ordered a similar silver-plated replacement cable for ATH-IM03 from lunashops, waiting to receive it soon.  Will be another "test" of a similar quality cable with another multi-BA driver setting :wink:  At the same time, just got VSonic new VSD3S which uses MMCX connector, so will try my SE1 cable with dynamic drivers next!

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #130 of 167
I purchased the Fiio RC-SE 1 cable as spare set my UE900s.

When I purchased the Fiio X5 stacking kit this kit came with a cross-over cable which definately enhanced the sonic quality of the kit. More recently I decided to swap-out the standard UE900 cable with the RC-SE 1 and enjoyed an enhanced audio quality but....I found that any disturbance to the cables eg: brushing up against or onto the buttons of my shirt OR brushing through my whiskers to offer two examples, that this disturbance / sound would resonate through the cables into my earpieces which does not enhance the experience. Other than that I reckon the cable is good.

Jul 9, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #133 of 167

Very bad is 'probably' a tad too harsh. If you can keep the cables safe beneath clothing they ain't bad, especially if ya' don't have whiskers :wink:

As I pointed out in my review of SE1 cables (a few pages back in this thread, with a number of pictures), the benefit of sound improvement out weights the microphonic effect.  Sure, you just need some workarounds for a better fitment :)

Jul 11, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #134 of 167
I have this for my Shure SE215, I can say that this wire really helped with sound quality especially with the highs for me.

I was wondering if I could use this wire to custom my JVC FX700, I know a guy locally who does customs. FX700s have strange cable length and Im thinking of using these if its possible to custom

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #135 of 167
Guys! These Cables sound amazing coming from a shure se215 with these cables (Fiio SE upgrade cable), my 215 never sounded clearer.
Listening to Thelonious Monk with these and when someone made a tapping, it seemed so real I turned my head around only to realize it's actually from the recording!
Not only is it clearer but the instruments seem more distinct..
Hate: the sound of the cables brushing on each other.. Sounds like an amplified plastic teeth grinding.. Aside from that it's a superb option over the original cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back