Major Problem with 2 Channel (member)
Oct 28, 2004 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

dffman2001

100+ Head-Fier
Since I have seen how (somewhat) successful the community is able to get together to protect the members, I think it is time that I try to get my money back from a bad deal.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I recently discovered that I wasn't the only member who has been defrauded by this scumbag "2 Channel" and I have a feeling that there may be more. Before buying, I checked feedback and everything, and it was nothing but good. I have lost $200 on this, as has another member.

I need help from anyone who has ever dealt with 2 Channel (real name - Bret Freeman) so that I am able to track him down. I think we have a good start because I have found out where he works and his work phone number. (I actually called him last week and he acknowleged that he owed me money, asked for my paypal and promised to pay me back)

If anyone has any leads on his home address/ number and ideas of what we can do, Please tell me.

If you have been cheated out of your money, please identlify yourself. So far, both of us are outside of the US, which complicates things a little bit.

Here is his member profile: profile

Oct 28, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 44
Yes, he sold me etymotics as well...

As for anyone who has any leads, I have a bunch about him. I have a couple of possible residence locations in the right area (PA) and I do have a connection to his work. If anyone has any experience with tracking down people, please help.

Oct 28, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #8 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by oleaseed
For 200$, at least you know you brought yourself a long lasting memory. At least now you cant die yet because you haven't heard of the ety sound yet, or have you.

In the meantime I have purchased Etys from the honest head-fi member photographlondon.
Nevertheless I'm not ready to die, Sensas are still on my list.

Oct 28, 2004 at 11:19 PM Post #11 of 44
Williamgoody anyone?
May be personal and/or psychological problems.

Oct 28, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #13 of 44
Depends on what you want to do?

I’d maybe deal with his place of employment. See about filing a police report and if you don’t have a valid address use his work address? If you can get the cops to visit him at work maybe that would create enough pressure for him to do the right thing.

Call Human Resources or try to contact his boss if possible?

Maybe file a complaint with the Post Office? Mail Fraud. Again use his work address.

I have no remorse for these people. If he’s gonna screw you I’d put the screws on him. If he loses his job hey it’s his fault for ripping you off and being stupid enough to commit fraud from his place of employment. You can’t use the companies equipment / resources to commit fraud.

Mitch

Oct 29, 2004 at 1:18 AM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by oleaseed
For 200$, at least you know you brought yourself a long lasting memory. At least now you cant die yet because you haven't heard of the ety sound yet, or have you.

As for $200 which he took of mine, its not a huge sum but its still significant. If we let this guy off the hook, it just goes to show all the potential scammers out there that we are forgiving. No. I am fighting back and will not tolerate this. Consider this a $200 salary for myself to catch this guy.

and btw, i did buy the etys, nearly right after his did not arrive.

and also, don't think I wasn't careful. If you are out there thinking that you wont get scammed because you checked feedback and everything; it could happen to you. I still have every PM and e-mail he sent me, because this was not a completed transaction. I thouroughly read through the feedback and made sure everything sounded legit to no avail.

Oct 29, 2004 at 1:22 AM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
Depends on what you want to do?

I’d maybe deal with his place of employment. See about filing a police report and if you don’t have a valid address use his work address? If you can get the cops to visit him at work maybe that would create enough pressure for him to do the right thing.

Mitch

Anybody have suggestions for filing police reports etc? I'm in Canada and he is in Pennsylvania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back