Major Problem with 2 Channel (member)
Oct 29, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #31 of 44
HI: This is not a new thing for 2 channel.

A couple of years ago I traded a new 2 day old stacks headphone for a amp and senn. 580s and when I got home the 580s had a left speaker that was blown out.

I sent them to senn to get fix but was new here so I didn't post that he riped me off. It was very obvious that the headphones were blown out and I know that he knew it. I would never even talk to a guy like this now.

Take your losses and go on with your life and not let 2 channel be on your mind and mess up your day. He is married with kids and really can't afford this Hobie.

Oct 29, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #32 of 44
Sorry L you’re wrong

Burn The Dirtbag. Call the cops, call his boss. See about filing a Mail Fraud Complaint if anyone paid him with a money order. File an FBI complaint for Internet Fraud.

Report him to PayPal if you paid that way.

If he has a family he should behave properly. If you could get him fired- he did it to himself.

Somehow you have his work number so he was conducting his personal business from work. He’s burned several people that we know of.

He can’t afford to rip people off and some people can’t afford to finance his hobby.

I say do everything you can to make him pay. If not he’ll only Burn more people.

Don’t make him the focus of your life but don’t let him just walk away with your money!!

The people who didn’t properly reflect his character by leaving negative feedback are partially responsible for letting him continue to Rob people. That’s where the system let us down. If someone hoses you indicate so in the feedback. It can always be edited if it was a mistake.

Mitch

Oct 29, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #33 of 44
HI:
I am wrong? wow strong words. I don't think it is wrong to forgive and be at peace with ones self.

Now if you don't get this thats OK and I wont say that you are wrong. Who am I to judge anyone and say that they are wrong?

Things are the way they are and we learn from them. Peace of mind is very precious and revenge is for some one much bigger and powerful than any of us.

I will now back off and let be what will be and wish all luck with what ever they do or think about doing.

For me when I buy here I know I am taking a chance that it might go wrong and am willing to accept that.

To accept a wrong is the start of piece of mind and to get even is the start of turmoil.

Oct 29, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
HI:
I am wrong? wow strong words. I don't think it is wrong to forgive and be at peace with ones self.

Now if you don't get this thats OK and I wont say that you are wrong. Who am I to judge anyone and say that they are wrong?

Things are the way they are and we learn from them. Peace of mind is very precious and revenge is for some one much bigger and powerful than any of us.

I will now back off and let be what will be and wish all luck with what ever they do or think about doing.

For me when I buy here I know I am taking a chance that it might go wrong and am willing to accept that.

To accept a wrong is the start of piece of mind and to get even is the start of turmoil.

In a way I agree.
This in relation to what can happen in life minor affair shouldn't implant hatred into my soul.The loss doesn't turn me into a poor man.
OTOH an excessively relaxed reaction guarantees that the scams will never end, thereby hurting other honest members.
At least I'll report this incident to Paypal (FWIW), I'll post it on the Headwize forum (he's a member there), and I hope three ripped-off members will be enough to ban him permanently here on head-fi.

Oct 30, 2004 at 2:00 AM Post #35 of 44
I understand what you are saying, and it is true that sometimes we just need to let go. However, in this situation, I dont think that is the best idea. Just listen to yourself - you've just advertised yourself as someone who wont fight back if they cheat you out of your money. I think that just creates a bigger problem that we started out with. Keeping it hush hush wont do us any good. Spread fear in the hearts of those greedy ones out there.

Wanna go to jail? Just try me!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

HI:

Just look at what happened with phamphamduc. He was planning on taking all the money and convieniently disappear. However, he still goes on head-fi to check his back. Seeing that there are complaints in the members forum, he begins to get worried. With talk of getting police, filing fraud claims, and getting mixed up with the law, he is seriously scared. Lies a couple of times, starts to panic, refunds people their money, and realizes that internet fraud isn't the way to make a few extra bucks. Especially at head-fi. Lesson learned, harm repaired, and for bonus points, we probably scared off a bunch of people with malicious intent.

Oct 30, 2004 at 4:07 AM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

HI:

Quote:

Who am I to judge anyone and say that they are wrong?

First of all, there usually is a wrong and a right. Say your entire family was murdered, all your possessions were stolen, and you were left severely crippled. Would you just shrug it off like you are now for the sake of peace of mind? At the very most simple level, this is wrong because it fosters the spread of this type of behavior and encourages those who do this type of behavior to do it more. Community involvement definately can produce changes, not only to gain back money lost by those currently, but future people. As already said, I would hold you partially responsible for what is going on right now. If you had written some negative feedback, people might have had a clue before now.

Now besides just the spread of this and future cases, it's not right to let this go unpunished. He took something that isn't his; it should be returned to the rightful owner. Even if the owner thinks the loss is insignificant, it's worth fighting for the above reasons, or at least it's worth posting feedback. To me, a $200 loss would definately be worth calling the police over. A good starting point would be to get the boss involved. I guarantee if I were a scammer and someone called my boss and got him to threaten firing me, I would hand the money over in a flash. Or give him an ultimatum: Give me my money or I'll call the cops and (if you want) your boss. Seems like a fairly straightfoward way to get quick results.

So be it for personal reasons or in the interest of the rest of the community, awareness has to be increased, and pressure needs to be put on these criminals to rectify their misdeeds. State of mind is what the name implies, a state of MIND. This is something that is completely dependant on you. It only bothers you if you let it. Dealing with it or not dealing with it will bother someone more or less depending on the person, but really it's all dependant on the person, and with the right attitude, neither should bother you. Frankly, though, I'd be more disposed towards being uneasy about letting someone go like that. I have a strong sense of justice, and allowing a crime to go like that makes me uneasy. You mentioned that this was revenge, but this isn't the kind of punishment that is just out of revenge, where nothing is auctually rectified! This is a crime that can be reversed via the return of money or said product. I understand how killing another person for killing another person may be (in some peoples' minds) a stupid thing to do out of revenge, as it really fixes nothing (though, then again, it discourages future criminals), but this does rectify something, so in all respects I consider it the right thing to do.

Wow er well my 4 cents or so.

Nov 1, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #38 of 44
This isn’t about revenge it’s about justice.

It’s wrong to steal. I could care less if you don’t understand that.

It’s wrong to think there are no ramifications for your actions.

To just turn the other cheek is fine if you chose but to suggest others let the thief go is wrong and just setting up some other member to be taken advantage of.

Since the victim of the scam was given the thief’s work phone number it would be reasonable to assume the thief was conducting illegal, unethical personal business from his place of employment. The owners or boss might be interested in such unethical behavior occurring by an employee from their place of employment. It is also reasonable to believe than a thief and unethical person would behave the same way when doing work for the company.

I buy and sell a lot here and on other Internet sites. It’s based solely on trust and integrity. Dishonest, unethical behavior should be stopped and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Just because he stole the money over the Internet does not lessen the crime. Is this any different than stealing an old lady’s purse?

Mitch

Nov 1, 2004 at 5:47 AM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
Just because he stole the money over the Internet does not lessen the crime. Is this any different than stealing an old lady’s purse?

this is the point

I agree with what you've said.

Nov 1, 2004 at 8:19 AM Post #40 of 44
this thing with head-fi ad scams is getting worse it seems... Is it because head-fi is growing a lot or what?

What happened with the other guy that sold those E-MUs anyway? Did they get their money back?

Hope you guys find a way to get justice...

Did the guy have any feedback? Did you check before buying?

Nov 2, 2004 at 9:32 PM Post #42 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by oleaseed
Yikes he has 553 posts, he is one dedicate scammer. Waiting for 2 years before scamming..

I guess you have a new role model
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back