Mah own cx300 impression.
Mar 9, 2006 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Peyotero

500+ Head-Fier
I won't make a proper review as i'm not so good with technical stuff and audio terminology, but here's my impression:

They are terrific! I'll tell you right away
tongue.gif
They reveal some much stuff i never heared before in my music. Crystal clear sound (sometimes to much crystal even. sssssibilance
frown.gif
) and the bass don't leave you asking for more. I actually relistened to half of my CD collection and it was like going from 128 to 255 encoding if you compare it to the mx500.

The great and somewhat unique sound (my first IEM) is not the only thing great about them.
They are so small and comfy. The isolation is so good that i can bearly hear the passing by cars when walking on the street. Which teleports me into my own world. Walking on the street while listening to Radiohead- A Kid/ Ok Computer/ Amnesiac... It's something else
etysmile.gif

I'v got like 12 hours of burn-in on them so things can only get better from here.

Get them while they're hot. Before they start selling them for 80$
blink.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 14
well one could say the greatness you experience is that of being exposed to something better than you already heard

and you ain't heard nothing yet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #5 of 14
when i'll start judging my phones by their looks it will be the day that i didn't find this forum and sticked to ipod buds and bose triports.. makes sense? well it shouldn't and should at the same time.
.. nah i'm just messin' with ya
wink.gif
similiar housing doesn't necessarily mean similar sound. i trust sennheiser to have the skill not to copycat lesser brands to make a decent headphone. makes sense?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #6 of 14
Oh Domicca, please don't start. Tons of comparisons and speculations are on the original CX300 thread.

Good you are enjoying your IEMs, Peyotero. Now stop reading reviews , enjoy your music, and you will live a long joyous life.

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyotero
similiar housing doesn't necessarily mean similar sound. i trust sennheiser to have the skill not to copycat lesser brands to make a decent headphone. makes sense?
smily_headphones1.gif

Can you please provide some examples of headphones that use the exact same housing but have different sound? Across different brands? I wish I had the money, mass produced items are rarely hard to pull apart and look at the insides!

I know someone said "don't start", but lets face it, until proven, this speculation belongs in a CX300 thread, why, because I have read all of these reviews and really want a pair of CX300's, however I don't want to feel like an idiot two weeks later if it is proven I paid twice as much for the exact same thing as the creatives.

I like the review, appreciate it, I just want to know if I should pay $60 or $30 for the sound
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Falqon
Can you please provide some examples of headphones that use the exact same housing but have different sound? Across different brands? I wish I had the money, mass produced items are rarely hard to pull apart and look at the insides!

That's an easy one really. The Senheiesr MX300 and mx500 share the same housing but sound different. Many of their fullsize cans aswell share the same housing. Same goes to almost the whole freaking Grado line. Koss ksc55/35/75 and many others i'm sure. The sound signature is similar but the guts are different and thay don't sound the same.
Should i go on? This will get really boring reeeal fast.

As for the ep360 i never heared it but someone (still only one though) compared the 3 IEMs in the other thread and said that the ep360 is pretty decent for the price so you better ask him, not me.

Mar 12, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

:
tongue.gif
They reveal some much stuff i never heared before in my music. Crystal clear sound (sometimes to much crystal even. sssssibilance
frown.gif
) and the bass don't leave you asking for more. I actually relistened to half of my CD collection and it was like going from 128 to 255 encoding if you compare it to the mx500.

Can someone explain to a non-audiophile what sibilance is?

Mar 12, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

I won't make a proper review as i'm not so good with technical stuff and audio terminology, but here's my impression:

tongue.gif
frown.gif

The great and somewhat unique sound (my first IEM) is not the only thing great about them.
They are so small and comfy. The isolation is so good that i can bearly hear the passing by cars when walking on the street. Which teleports me into my own world. Walking on the street while listening to Radiohead- A Kid/ Ok Computer/ Amnesiac... It's something else
etysmile.gif

I'v got like 12 hours of burn-in on them so things can only get better from here.

Get them while they're hot. Before they start selling them for 80$
blink.gif

to get this appreciation thread back on track, I wholeheartedly agree with what was said. I bought my pair on thursday and they sound so much better compared to my EX51 right out of the package. If i use them in class I seriously can't hear the bell ring. Only when people start packing and standing up do i realize the period ended. and the bass, oh my god. there's so much bass i'm having suspicions that they are causing my headaches lately. The first day i had to re-EQ my whole library to lower the bass to accommodate with the headphones. unlike the EX51, the bass doesn't distort the mids or highs, no matter how low it gets. They do have sibilance, though not as much as my HD201. But it's not a problem if not played too loud. Ironically, they also have a bigger soundstage than the HD201, which, IMHO, has no soundstage at all. I would recommend these to anyone considering an entry level IEM or the sony EX51/71/81.

Mar 12, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
Even if they are the same, the right angle plug on the cx300 sold me.

exactly the reason i want the creative's for my ipod shuffle hanging on a lanyard on my neck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back