MagSafe DAC/Amp for iPhone 12?
Nov 3, 2020 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

OneBoot

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I clicked the link at the top of this sub for the questions and answers sub, and it was a dead link. So I hope it's ok to post this here.

Does anyone know if there are any portable DAC manufacturers who plan on utilizing Apple's new MagSafe technology for their wireless charging to hold a DAC/Amp on the back? This would be great for use cases like mine (and I assume others) who take public transit to work, where you can just stuff the device in a pocket and go!

Obviously, I don't expect charging to be included, but just a secure attachment with a mini lightning connector to ensure connectivity. Bluetooth would work, too, but I feel the spectrum is pretty clogged these days.

Nov 4, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 3

corgifall

500+ Head-Fier
Since the new magsafe magnet array inside the iphone 12 is a ring and single magnet under it(for alignment) I think it wont be long before we start seeing DIY adhesive sheets in the same shape the magsafe design. How strong the magnets will be will be a different story. The official apple magsafe wallets are popping off somewhat easily when being put in a pocket according to reports from consumers. The magsafe puck is kinda big too so a smaller device like the Q3 from FiiO is out. It was the first thing I thought about when I finally upgraded though. Excited to see what comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread