Magni 3 v Emotiva basx A100
Dec 9, 2017 at 5:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

alchemist23

Head-Fier
I’ve got some Sennheiser 6xx and really need to treat them to a decent headamp. I was going to go for the Magni 3 but am intrigued by the Emotiva. Anyone got any thoughts?

Dec 11, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 9
Do you have passive speakers to drive, and what will you be using for a DAC? The Emotiva is intended to be a speaker amp, but happens to have a great headphone jack. Magni 3 is for headphones only, but half the price. I think it comes down to price, application, and...desk space :p

Dec 12, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 9
I used to have both in possession but decided to keep the a-100 because I do have speaker system. They are pretty close sound wise; the magni 3 is a tad warmer and more neutral. The bass in a-100 is cleaner and a little punchier than magni 3. Other than that, details, separation, imaging etc.. They do sound similar. If you don't have speaker, just go for magni 3 especially for that size. But, if you have speaker and headphone, a-100 is a great choice.

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #8 of 9
Yea I guess. But I can’t help thinking that the magni looks like a toy next to the Emotiva!

it does look like it but it is the sound that matters. That small size packs a bunch of power. But, if you want to go a-100, it's not a bad choice either; especially if you're thinking to add a speaker setup down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back