Magni 3 Impressions
Sep 23, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #91 of 2,593
Can we please get back to actually impressions of the Magni 3?

I hear from a close friend that it is warmer and more detailed than the Magni 2 Uber. The volume know is an excellent improvement and that the M3 does not get very warm if at all.

I really want a comparison between this and the Jot. Anyone?

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #92 of 2,593
Can we please get back to actually impressions of the Magni 3?

I hear from a close friend that it is warmer and more detailed than the Magni 2 Uber. The volume know is an excellent improvement and that the M3 does not get very warm if at all.

I really want a comparison between this and the Jot. Anyone?

We never stopped talking about the Magni.

And there is a comparison to the Jot on the previous page.

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #96 of 2,593
Hey guys, just got my Magni 3! I've only been listening for 3 hours, but I am super impressed with it!

I know some of you guys were worried about it not being a good match for IEMs. Rest assured, my JH Angie and Aurisonics ASG 2.0 both run with zero hiss in low impedance. I will echo with some of the previous owners have said, but this amp is an incredible value at $100. I'm not too good at describing sound, but compared to my Valhalla 2, you can definitely tell it is more neutral and true to the recording. If I had to combine it to an amp I've heard, it sounds a lot like the iFi Micro iDSD, which costed me $400 at the time I got it.

Overall, I'm very happy with this little amp. For those of you who only have a tube amp, this would make a great little addition to your setup to give you a more neutral and detail oriented reproduction of your music.

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #97 of 2,593
JH Angie and Aurisonics ASG 2.0

What's the volume knob at on the Magni 3 when you're listening to these IEMs? I'm assuming 100% on the computer but if it isn't that would be good to know as well. The thing I'm most interested about is the stated "better low-volume control" due to the tweaked potentiometer since my Magni 2 is a bit too powerful once both channels are balanced.

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #98 of 2,593
Hey guys, just got my Magni 3! I've only been listening for 3 hours, but I am super impressed with it!

I know some of you guys were worried about it not being a good match for IEMs. Rest assured, my JH Angie and Aurisonics ASG 2.0 both run with zero hiss in low impedance. I will echo with some of the previous owners have said, but this amp is an incredible value at $100. I'm not too good at describing sound, but compared to my Valhalla 2, you can definitely tell it is more neutral and true to the recording. If I had to combine it to an amp I've heard, it sounds a lot like the iFi Micro iDSD, which costed me $400 at the time I got it.

Overall, I'm very happy with this little amp. For those of you who only have a tube amp, this would make a great little addition to your setup to give you a more neutral and detail oriented reproduction of your music.
How much volume control do you have? Because I know that with my Fulla2 I had basically ZERO volume control as 9 oclock was already too loud on my IEM's and my Sensitive RP-HD10 headphones.

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #99 of 2,593
With Magni 3 on low gain, Spotify max volume, and CPU volume at 80/100, I generally listen at around 9-10 o' clock. I'm not sure about the older Magni, but the volume pot starts at around 6:30-7:00 o' clock on the Magni 3. If I really want to jam out, I can listen at 12 o' clock. Anything past that is near ear splitting for me.

I did listen at 1 o' clock for a bit just to give you guys some impressions. I noticed no distortion, the bass continued to stay nice and controlled. The treble is nice and smooth and wasn't shouty at the higher volume.

So realistically, with IEMs, you can use anything on the volume knob from 7 o' clock to 1 o' clock (I'm sure there are those of you who listen much louder than me).

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #100 of 2,593

What headphones you use with Valhalla2? Do you have HD600? Does M3 has the soundstage of Valh2?

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #101 of 2,593
Has anyone tried the Magni 3 with the HD650?? I need an amp for my HD650 and was going to get the Magni 2 back in July but waited... So now that the Magni 3 is an option, how does it pair and should I get it? (The boost of power to 430mw@300ohms seems perfect for them.) Thanks for the great impressions so far!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #103 of 2,593
I think amping is still an art, but I have been vehemently debated that with digital technics you can replicate any system response.
If so and with dac bypass technology, is it premature to even not consider anything released today, when knowing art will be annihilated by science,
specifically digital modeling. I think it is bad for jobs, but everybody seems to be looking out for themselves. I wonder though, one listen of this magni 3 will annihilate science.

Sep 23, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #104 of 2,593
Just plugged in my Magni 3, gonna let it warm up for a bit. Impressions and comparisons to the Vali 2 coming soon

2017-09-23 18.54.23.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back