Magni 2 Uber or JDS "The Element"
Oct 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Saldi

New Head-Fier
Hello there...After i decide to improve my headphones "most" for gaming (cs go) and ofc for music ...Most "rock-jazz a bit of electro" i said that i will buy sound blaster Z soundcard(for SBX Pro),AKG K712 headphones( i still didnt bought em cause i really hate the color of em and i hope they will release something better soon...),And after some research i found out that dac isnt even necessary for now so i decide to buy the Magni 2 Uber...
2 days ago and 10-20mins before i place my order i found the "element" amp/dac...
i can find it in pretty good condition(used)  almost in the same price like Magni 2 Uber new.(without modi).
So my main question is....
Would it be better for me to choose only the new Magni 2 Uber or it would be better to go for the "element"?

The main reason that i do prefer the element is that NIIICE looking and because it got dac inside as well....however is more expensive and some people say that the badd with "element" is deeper than the magni 2 + Modi...( as i said i am not going to buy the modi)...

So waht would you do if you where in my position and why....

PS:You must have in your mind that the gaming factor is really MATTER..!!

thank you very much!

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 12
Sorry, cant quite understand what you mean by 'bad with the element runs deeper than magni 2 uber and modi. I know english is not your first language but could you try to explain what you mean as to clear up what you mean?

Also, i am not certain that AKG will release a new headphone any time soon.

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #3 of 12
Sorry, cant quite understand what you mean by 'bad with the element runs deeper than magni 2 uber and modi. I know english is not your first language but could you try to explain what you mean as to clear up what you mean?

Also, i am not certain that AKG will release a new headphone any time soon.

axaxa you are right but actually i cant even understand what i am writing:D i was in rush the time i was typing( i guess)..

So what i mean....I read some articles-threads for Magni2(not uber) + Modi vs The Element....
Most of them say that Element is better and it does have deeper bass than the magni+modi,BUT the bass isnt that good for gaming thats why i wrote "bad thing" about "the element".The element seems to be "better" but as you all know "better" in music-sound is not objective,its according our preference-needs etc etc....

The main question again is...

For comp gaming-positional sound would it be better to have....

Sound Blaster Z + Magni 2 Uber+K712    OR   Soundbaster+The element+K712?????

And according music....Which of those 2 combinations is going to be better??

Thank you very much!!

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #4 of 12
Oooh, now i understand what you mean!

Now it makes sense. Anyway, bass is not necessarily bad for gaming. It is just when you have A LOT of it and when it starts covering up details that you want to hear. What people mean by 'bad bass' is the kind that overstays its welcome and kind of pushes away other sounds so it will be centre of attention, so to speak

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #5 of 12
Oooh, now i understand what you mean!

Now it makes sense. Anyway, bass is not necessarily bad for gaming. It is just when you have A LOT of it and when it starts covering up details that you want to hear. What people mean by 'bad bass' is the kind that overstays its welcome and kind of pushes away other sounds so it will be centre of attention, so to speak

So....What it would be better for me to choose?:// i am confused.?!
Should i go for the element according your opinion?

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #7 of 12
I Have the element and I use it daily for gaming and its great. Ive never heard the Magni 2 or Modi though. for gaming I'm betting they are probably about the same though. As for the bass thing I don't notice any extra bass with the element, In fact it provides about the most neutral cleaner power Ive heard. It doesn't seem to color the sound of my headphones at all. Keep in mind I have one of the first ones, the ones that don't automatically switch..not sure if they're any different.

I really doubt you can go wrong with either of them.

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #8 of 12
The magni2 uber would be good in your situation. As far as i know you would not be able to use the soundcard and the element's dac together. It is one or the other.

Hmmmm i see.
The point is is the dac of "the element" better than soundcards dac?
Will i have ANY benefit if i choose element instead of choosing the magni 2 uber?? Or might i have "worse" quality or something else "worse?

What i want to say is that....If i am going to have EXACTLY the same benefit from Magni 2 Uber and element i would have to decide if i will have to pay more just for the design....
But if magni 2 uber it is even SLIGHT better ACCORDING MY NEEDS(quality-positioning etc)then i will have to go for it...

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #9 of 12
What I should have said is that, if you do want to use sbx studio, i do not think you can use the element as a dac at the same time. All you would be using it as is as an amp. As far as i know, you cant use sbx studio and the elements dac at the same time.

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #10 of 12
So thats exactly what i was talking about...:D
1.Are you sure that i cant use sbx while using the dac from the element?
2.But i can bypass the dac from element and use it only as amp and use the dac from soundcard with sbx..is that correct?
3.Also there is an option with +20USD for Analog in- Auto line out???i dont get it. :/

Oct 12, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #11 of 12
often times people are very skeptical of sound card performance. One of the main reasons not to use the audio built into your motherboard is because your PC is a noisy environment which hurts audio quality. A sound card suffers from that noise as well. An external DAC doesn't. It is actually not unlikely that you would see zero audio improvement from the sound card. I would be shocked if the element didn't actually provide better audio quality than the sound card you're looking at.

i also wouldn't be concerned with having too much bass with the k712 as its know for having quite low bass. I am not familiar with the element, but it seems like a good solution for you. Don't bother with the soundcard, just the element and k712. Or i don't know your budget, but another option would be Schiit's new amp/dac the Jotunheim. Its $500 for both the amp and dac though. Amp is getting extremely favorable reviews people saying one of the best sub $1,000 amps and the consensus seems to be the dac is extremely good for the $100 it costs to upgrade the amp with it.

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #12 of 12
  often times people are very skeptical of sound card performance. One of the main reasons not to use the audio built into your motherboard is because your PC is a noisy environment which hurts audio quality. A sound card suffers from that noise as well. An external DAC doesn't. It is actually not unlikely that you would see zero audio improvement from the sound card. I would be shocked if the element didn't actually provide better audio quality than the sound card you're looking at.

i also wouldn't be concerned with having too much bass with the k712 as its know for having quite low bass. I am not familiar with the element, but it seems like a good solution for you. Don't bother with the soundcard, just the element and k712. Or i don't know your budget, but another option would be Schiit's new amp/dac the Jotunheim. Its $500 for both the amp and dac though. Amp is getting extremely favorable reviews people saying one of the best sub $1,000 amps and the consensus seems to be the dac is extremely good for the $100 it costs to upgrade the amp with it.

So probably i will use the amp/dac of the element and i will use the soundcard jsut for the SBX(that was my first plan)...
I cant go for the Jotunheim.I did said that the maximum is going to be to 200for amp(magni 2 Uber)..Then i said used 250 "element" and now probably i will take the last version of "the element" or if i find the latest version used...That would be even better:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back