Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Jun 24, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #857 of 948
I'm baffled to hear such criticism of the K3 HD. Perhaps the older K3 Pro does not have such weak mids?

What caught my attention about the K3 Pro was @Pete7 's very favorable comparison against my Westone 4R (which cost me $350 back in the day, used!):

"The best Chi-FI IEM I've heard and own is the Magaosi K3 Pro. While it's more expensive at $110, it not only competes with my 4R and W30 and stacks up really well, and may even exceed both of them. The K3 Pro also has more traditional style housings, smaller than the Westones, yet someone manages to fit 2 BA's and 1 DD in each earphone."

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/k...essions-thread.698148/page-1217#post-13544916

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #858 of 948
Maybe get a vsonic vsd5s. You can get one for 55 bucks right now

It's strange though, there are almost no reviews of them!

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #859 of 948
The biggest difference is the mids, they are too recessed on the K3s. Made most vocals sound too distant.
Mids are the F5s strong point, creates an intimate sound and vocals and guitar shine the most.

Bass is about the same to my ears, maybe slightly more on the K3s but not by much.

Treble is definitely more pronounced on the K3s but are also sibilant.
Treble on the F5s is rolled off, but this I personally like because it creates are warmer more enjoyable and musical sound without harsh highs and like I said in my other post, reminds me a lot of my HD650s.
Sorry, but what do u mean by "F5"? Its Fiio F5?

Jun 24, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #861 of 948
Maybe get a vsonic vsd5s. You can get one for 55 bucks right now

Where are they for $55?

Update: Never mind; I snagged a pair for $15 shipped.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #864 of 948
How bout the Vsonic GR07 though? As their flagship, it seems a lot of ppl are saying the GR07 is better than VSD5S, at a higher price tag but on almost the same price level as the K3 pro.
Well, the gr07 is a tad more balanced and natural overall while vsd5s is more impressive on first listen with its brighter and more aggressive sound. Personally, I prefer vsd3s and 5s for the more ergonomic housings and hassle-free fit coz the rotating nozzles of gr07 tend to move every now and then, and I have to start fiddling with them to get them properly aligned again (OCD style), which bothered me.
On the other hand, all versions of gr07 (even the new ones with mic) are being discontinued and while for now only the official store offered them for 68 bucks, hopefully we'll see the same prices being applied by other resellers soon as at circa $70 not many things will be able to touch it. The new gr07 with detachable cables will remain in production but even it can be found for $90-100 from time to time, which is still great if you require detachable cables and soon a bluetooth version will be released. Let's put it this way - there is a reason why vsonic has remained the choice of a lot of people for the past several years while the average chi-fi iems jumps from one flavor of the month to the next and straight to oblivion. Just my 2 cents, but the tendency of every enthusiast with a soldering iron starting an audiophile brand is encouraging but the number of drivers and detachable cables for cheap prices are far from outweighing the proper R&D the more season competition has.

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #865 of 948
...Just a reminder for those that purchased the PRO or HD and give some time, at 100 hours or more to give a fare comparison to other IEM's on the market to compare with. It will seem only fair where both the PRO and the HD perform, much, much better after the burn-in process. :smirk:

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #867 of 948
Coming from an electrical engineering background I can never get my head around 'burn-in' but I'm willing to try any placebo to justify my K3 HD purchase lol
Wouldn't rely on that, especially given that only dynamic drivers tend to change a bit after burn-in and in this case you have a dynamic driver taking care solely of the lows.

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #869 of 948
....there's no doubt that with continued use of any headphone/earphone with drivers and even BA armatures will mechanically change overtime. The excursion of the drivers do loosen up and play to their fullest potential and same goes with the BA armature where it can get warmer after many hours of use, where it initially sounded harsh from the beginning. That's to be expected with anything with moving parts.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #870 of 948
Just a general question, I'm think going to sell mine, what is a good price seeing as the k3 hd is now out or soon to be out? I believe I paid 98 all together. Only reason for selling is I am just too curious about the Sony xba z5, and I would rather keep my triples as for some reason they're more fun to listen to even though they're technically out done by the k3pro. I listen at work too often and can't critically listen, and the 1more is just better fitting for that. My havi b3 is actually best fit but they've been stolen by my significant other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back