Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Apr 28, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #676 of 948
Tried to dabble with a smartphones macro and an artificial light source, but my god what potato-quality it is:

Shows the engraving, methinks :p

And edit: quickly read that you had two different earpieces, one seeming like engraved, and the other printed, nvm about that :p

The photos I made are from the same earpiece lol.

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #679 of 948
Apr 28, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #682 of 948
Nice cable, one question though - in your experience, does the clear cable turn green (due to oxidation)?
I can't answer this question yet as I've only had the cable for about a week. I didn't know that cables turning green was a concern when I bought these, but I'm quite intrigued by that. I wouldn't mind if my cables decided to"Hulk Out" on me. They also offer a black cable if oxidation worries you.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #684 of 948
I personally had a pretty good experience with the espresso cables from venture electronics, the connectors fitted my K3 pros are more snugly then the stock cables ever did and it currently requires a fair bit of strength to remove them
73msg4.jpg

73msg4.jpg

It may look a bit funky in terms of design but it only cost me 10 usd from their website so they are pretty good imo

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #685 of 948
Okay, as I said earlier that I will post a way to 'fix' a loose mmcx connector to have a better connection. This is an easy method, and you'll only need 1 tool: pliers
- You will need to do what I did here, it will bend the 'metal ring' somewhat, and that's exactly what you want. It will give the female mmcx connector end something to 'bite' into. Make sure to only do it at the location that I'm showing on the pictures, you may also do it to the other end (same spot on the other side). The problem of the intermittent connection is commonly because of the connector being loose - when the female mmcx connector is bigger than the ring on the male mmcx plug, so by bending the ring somewhat it will make the connection better. You will need to do this a couple of times and test it by plugging it in, and keep repeating until you feel that it has a better 'bite', and lastly test it by playing music through it while moving the cable and connector around to see if it looses connection.

MMCX1.jpg

MMCX2.jpg

Take note that I've actually done this little 'fix' before I went ahead and switched the male mmcx plug on the problematic cable itself. The little 'fix' worked perfectly, and I had no connection issues. The only reason I changed the mmcx plug on my cable was to gain experience in modifying/making cables so that in the future I'll be able to make my own cables - so it was a perfect opportunity to gain some experience. :) Cheers!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #686 of 948
Okay, as I said earlier that I will post a way to 'fix' a loose mmcx connector to have a better connection. This is an easy method, and you'll only need 1 tool: pliers
- You will need to do what I did here, it will bend the 'metal ring' somewhat, and that's exactly what you want. It will give the female mmcx connector end something to 'bite' into. Make sure to only do it at the location that I'm showing on the pictures, you may also do it to the other end (same spot on the other side). The problem of the intermittent connection is commonly because of the connector being loose - when the female mmcx connector is bigger than the ring on the male mmcx plug, so by bending the ring somewhat it will make the connection better. You will need to do this a couple of times and test it by plugging it in, and keep repeating until you feel that it has a better 'bite', and lastly test it by playing music through it while moving the cable and connector around to see if it looses connection.

Take note that I've actually done this little 'fix' before I went ahead and switched the male mmcx plug on the problematic cable itself. The little 'fix' worked perfectly, and I had no connection issues. The only reason I changed the mmcx plug on my cable was to gain experience in modifying/making cables so that in the future I'll be able to make my own cables - so it was a perfect opportunity to gain some experience. :) Cheers!

I need to bend option 1, correct?

2352352.jpg

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #688 of 948
Wow do these K3 pro's do an exceptional job! They sound great no matter what kind of music I throw at them. Thank you to all of you that recommended them to me!

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #689 of 948
Has anyone had problems with their included gray/silver cable? By problems, I mean the cable causing the k3pro to be muddy and grainy in all frequencies? I almost sent these back initially because of how terrible they sounded with the "audio" cable. I'm using the silver filter and black cable with mic and I now find these AMAZING. It's strange to me that the "better" cable makes these sound so bad, so I'm just curious as to if this is only a problem I'm experiencing or if everyone is having a similar issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back