Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Apr 28, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #661 of 948
I bought it from NiceHCK store. Sent them a msg regarding the connections. Now they want me to make a video regarding the same. And I'm clueless on how to show sound cut off problem of an earphone in a video
1f602
1f602
1f602
. Here are few pictures of my set.

I have the SAME exact package, experiencing the SAME exact stuff as you lol. Different seller though!

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #664 of 948
I've tried to visually distinguish any differences between the left-cutting off-one and the right, but there's no differences to be found. No clear production/casting issues or anything.

Same here ... nothing that I can notice.

Same situation here. Different seller and same sound cut off problem on left unit. Possible to share a close-by photo of left unit?

Which seller was it?

With every single buyer reporting similar stuff, I'm leaning towards the conclusion, that the units we received post the 7th Anniversary promotions were from the same batch, which sadly has poor QC, is with a slight different coating, has the Magaosi logo printed on the headphones instead of engraved and might be tuned differently (that can explain the difference between what people reported earlier about "balanced" sound signature, instead of one which is with a bit harsh heights). I really doubt that the units are fake though, cause they still sound pretty good.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #665 of 948
Which store did you get yours from? And what's the package like (check previous pages for different packages of different batches)

@aaDee Package I have is similar.
You went for some other tips, are they any good?
These are KZ Star tips biggest size. They give me best fit than any other tips

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #666 of 948
@c0rp1 Mine's definitely engraved, there's a very small incision there with the text, barely noticeable, but it's there.

From what I can tell, it's only the left connector jack, as it persists with the different stock cables, (but with a slightly different cable, @SpiderNhan fixed it, and the connections' definitely better with the mic cable). Perhaps the production line had different connectors for L/R, and the batch for the L is/was a bit skewed.

@aaDee I see, still haven't tested all the tips, lacking the proper seal, working on that atm, haven't ordered anything yet though.
Got a cold, hearings' a bit impaired as I'm a bit stuffy, May Day celebrations here in Finland, testing some other tips next week @ the office. I'll rather settle for the LCD-X here at home than punish myself with the K3 Pro and the issues I have :p

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #667 of 948
I bought it from NiceHCK store. Sent them a msg regarding the connections. Now they want me to make a video regarding the same. And I'm clueless on how to show sound cut off problem of an earphone in a video
1f602
1f602
1f602
. Here are few pictures of my set.

You can record the voice coming from left and right earbuds may be? By taking the buds so much close to the microphone of your recording gear.

Apr 28, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #668 of 948
Same here ... nothing that I can notice.

Which seller was it?

With every single buyer reporting similar stuff, I'm leaning towards the conclusion, that the units we received post the 7th Anniversary promotions were from the same batch, which sadly has poor QC, is with a slight different coating, has the Magaosi logo printed on the headphones instead of engraved and might be tuned differently (that can explain the difference between what people reported earlier about "balanced" sound signature, instead of one which is with a bit harsh heights). I really doubt that the units are fake though, cause they still sound pretty good.

Shop I bought is Shop2847025. I searched but couldn't find if it is also banned or not. If so, I can edit my post. I asked him to send me only the left unit, because I suspect that problematic one is the left. At first he said to return whole package but shipping fees are not as cheap every where as China. It costs 1/3 of headphone to send it back. I think I will accept situation like that and apply for a partial refund, because we know that changing cable stops cut offs. So I can buy myself a new cable :)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #669 of 948
Most of the 'sound cutting off' problem with the K3 Pro is caused by the mmcx cable not getting a good connection. I have the same issue when I use a particular mmcx cable (that I own) on the K3 Pro. It also cuts off on the left side and it's a cable has a mic. I went and modified the cable by replacing the mmcx connectors, and the problem with that cable was fixed. For those who have the problem, are the connectors really loose and can spin easily when it's connected to the K3 Pro? There's also an easier mod you can do, and it may work for you. I'll explain it a bit later and show a picture.

For those who are interested in mmcx connectors, I got mine from here. The seller also sells cheaper ones. I couldn't find them anywhere cheaper but if someone has info where I can get them cheaper message me please. :)

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32764269052.html?

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #670 of 948
There's also an easier mod you can do, and it may work for you. I'll explain it a bit later and show a picture.

Looking forward for it.

@c0rp1 Mine's definitely engraved, there's a very small incision there with the text, barely noticeable, but it's there.

From what I can tell, it's only the left connector jack, as it persists with the different stock cables, (but with a slightly different cable, @SpiderNhan fixed it, and the connections' definitely better with the mic cable). Perhaps the production line had different connectors for L/R, and the batch for the L is/was a bit skewed.

Its pretty interesting, cause I had problems with both the mic cable my K3 Pro came with and a **** 4in1 cable, though not experiencing cut-outs with the Original non mic one, although it rotates freely same as with the other two.

How exactly do you feel the incision - I tried with my nail, and I do feel something, but it's like the text is on top of the earpiece instead of IN it ... could be just me, I don't know... but when checking all the pics I saw, the earlier batch seemed with a slightly different (a bit blurry) text caused by the engraving, instead of a plain one. Again, could just be me...

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #671 of 948
Warning: this is a very cheaply built IEM. while (carefully!) twisting an eartip in order to remove it, the entire nozzle broke clean off.

Browsing this thread, I've noticed one other user reporting this problem, so it's not an isolated problem. Beware.

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #672 of 948
Warning: this is a very cheaply built IEM. while (carefully!) twisting an eartip in order to remove it, the entire nozzle broke clean off.

Browsing this thread, I've noticed one other user reporting this problem, so it's not an isolated problem. Beware.
Yup, it's glued.

@c0rp1 You can almost spot the "engraving" with my earliest pic, zooming in, https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/m...scussions-thread.839011/page-40#post-13449877
It's very lightly engraved, if I hold the piece towards a light source, you can see the indentations.

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #674 of 948
Yup, it's glued.

@c0rp1 You can almost spot the "engraving" with my earliest pic, zooming in, https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/m...scussions-thread.839011/page-40#post-13449877
It's very lightly engraved, if I hold the piece towards a light source, you can see the indentations.

Probably you are right ... I took 2 macro photos of mine with and without flash .. on one it seems like printed, but on the other definitely looks like engraved (almost like yours).

http://imgur.com/a/xHfYz
EjZz5s8

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #675 of 948
Probably you are right ... I took 2 macro photos of mine with and without flash .. on one it seems like printed, but on the other definitely looks like engraved (almost like yours).

http://imgur.com/a/xHfYz
EjZz5s8
Tried to dabble with a smartphones macro and an artificial light source, but my god what potato-quality it is:
IMG_20170428_164721.png

Shows the engraving, methinks :p

And edit: quickly read that you had two different earpieces, one seeming like engraved, and the other printed, nvm about that :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back