Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Apr 21, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #451 of 948

cool.gif
Sounds to me as if there are counterfeit ones coming out of China. Especially if Female Vocals aren't spot-on.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

No, they're genuine. Female vocals are not spot on, they are distant. Among other things.

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #452 of 948
Well, I received mines as well (coming from AK audio store), ordered at the 7th Anniversary sale. The pair actually got shipped ~7th of April, same as most of the other people who ordered from different stores during the sale (so I guess it must be from the same batch). OOTB they don't sound bad, compared to the **** 4in1, though I'm experiencing the same issue with cutting-out on the left earpiece. Strangely enough its present with the original mic cable and the cable from my ****, but not with the other cable the K3 Pro came with (I know it sounds extremely strange). No problems with the right earpiece though...

Someone mentioned that his pair seemed not balanced correctly (right one is louder than the left one)... and I kinda feel like I'm experiencing the same. According to the person that initially reported this, it was caused by the driver mountings not being symmetrical. Mines seem symmetrical though, so am not sure if I'm imagining stuff, or they are really unbalanced. And to be honest, I don't know exactly how to test that, so I'm 100% sure.

Build quality seems decent, so definitely don't wanna try disassembling them to check if they came with original or fake 30017.

Overall expected A LOT MORE than what I got. Not sure how to handle the QC issues ... should I contact AK Audio Store, cause I definitely don't wanna pay for shipping them back to China.

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #453 of 948
cool.gif
I really can't dispute what your hearing as I don't have the Pros, I have the originals and My findings with them are different. You are using the terminology a little wrong. "Balanced" refers to the volume and separation between Left and Right Channels. I think you mean Flat EQ. Yes they are consumer-oriented "V" shaped but not as Radical as some, and the enhanced Bass/ Sub Bass is quite well controlled overall. Also I have replaced the original Cables with those of substantially higher impedance. Yes it cuts down the Volume BUT the extra Damping on the drivers results in a much firmer, detailed sound and does round off some of the Treble, which some find a little spiky in the K3.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #454 of 948

cool.gif
I really can't dispute what your hearing as I don't have the Pros, I have the originals and My findings with them are different. You are using the terminology a little wrong. "Balanced" refers to the volume and separation between Left and Right Channels. I think you mean Flat EQ. Yes they are consumer-oriented "V" shaped but not as Radical as some, and the enhanced Bass/ Sub Bass is quite well controlled overall. Also I have replaced the original Cables with those of substantially higher impedance. Yes it cuts down the Volume BUT the extra Damping on the drivers results in a much firmer, detailed sound and does round off some of the Treble, which some find a little spiky in the K3.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Twin, I meant exactly that ... the right channel seems louder than the left one. Do you know a way how can I test it so I can be completely sure that I'm not making things up?

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #455 of 948
  Overall expected A LOT MORE than what I got. Not sure how to handle the QC issues ... should I contact AK Audio Store, cause I definitely don't wanna pay for shipping them back to China.

Similar thoughts, albeit just owning them for 24 hours.

Still haven't resolved the sealing issue, none of the tips which came with the box do their thing, nor does any of my other standard 1-flanged silicons. Basically I lose all the bass when I yawn, or do any movement with my jaw/facial expressions. I even did the whole stretching the earlobe-thing whilst inserting, to no avail.
I remembered that I've actually experienced this once ages ago with protective plugs, whilst playing the drums, I lost the seal when I did weird faces whilst concentrating. Haven't happened since on misc sortiment of IEMs, nor plugs.

Anyways, the cutting of the sound on the other side is annoying. Try working, along with that whole seal-losing-hassle. Or gym afterwards. It was a torturous day indeed. I was so annoyed when I was heading home.
Thank god for ear bleach at home via open-back planars.

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #456 of 948

cool.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Twin, I meant exactly that ... the right channel seems louder than the left one. Do you know a way how can I test it so I can be completely sure that I'm not making things up?

http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php
Try swapping the L/R to confirm, depending on your hearing, 2-3 dB mismatch should be quite noticeable.

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #457 of 948

cool.gif
C0rp, I understand Your use of the term. It was Pickaxe's use of "Balanced" I was referring to.  If the channels seem wrong, Try swapping them on the cable. If they still have a Volume imbalance that follows the earpiece orientation, then you have eliminated the Cable as a source. Also check your source to make sure you didn't accidentally move the Channel balance setting. I know it sounds stupid but I have actually done this before. Lastly try a different cable.

If none of this solves the imbalance then it is the IEM itself. Contact JULY at AK. He is pretty good at handling this sort of problem.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #458 of 948
The majority of my problems with the K3 Pro are on the right side: disconnections from turning my head, speaking, walking, squinting when the sun hits my face. Also it becomes quite painful on that side requiring an adjustment every 30 minutes or so before the pain becomes unbearable.

I've been in contact with NiceHCK and Jim asked me to try a different cable. I'm was supposed to receive the cable yesterday, but it's been rescheduled for today. Jim is very responsive to my questions so I'm sure he'll agree to a return or replacement, but if a 3rd party cable can fix this then I'll be okay. The only other thing would be to find a cable I really like and solder the sucker on.

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #459 of 948
The majority of my problems with the K3 Pro are on the right side: disconnections from turning my head, speaking, walking, squinting when the sun hits my face. Also it becomes quite painful on that side requiring an adjustment every 30 minutes or so before the pain becomes unbearable.

I've been in contact with NiceHCK and Jim asked me to try a different cable. I'm was supposed to receive the cable yesterday, but it's been rescheduled for today. Jim is very responsive to my questions so I'm sure he'll agree to a return or replacement, but if a 3rd party cable can fix this then I'll be okay. The only other thing would be to find a cable I really like and solder the sucker on.

I was wondering if I could do some tweezer bending of sorts. Do tell us if the cable actually works, as I said, mine didn't with 3 different cables.

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #460 of 948

Still haven't resolved the sealing issue, none of the tips which came with the box do their thing, nor does any of my other standard 1-flanged silicons.

I know! I had serious problems with that and it drove me crazy. The tips that finally fixed them for me were https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1gQSxLXXXXXcmXVXXq6xXFXXXk/Hot-sale-3-size-black-red-double-color-silicone-isolation-font-b-earphone-b-font-font.jpg which I happened to have a pair of from some older phones. With the right fit I'd say they're quite comfortable, but with bad fit they're awful.

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #461 of 948

cool.gif
C0rp, I understand Your use of the term. It was Pickaxe's use of "Balanced" I was referring to.

lol, stop shilling and stop redefining well-defined terms.

these headphones are v-shaped and bassy. there's nothing balanced about them. the bass is elevated and almost muddy, making so everything sounds dark and vocals distant.

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #462 of 948
I KNOW what the difference is betwen an imbalance on channels and a Flat or neutral EQ. Thank you very much.

As far as schilling I am associated with no one. You really need to stop right where you are unless you have proof. I guarantee that you don't.

TWIN

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #463 of 948

Still haven't resolved the sealing issue, none of the tips which came with the box do their thing, nor does any of my other standard 1-flanged silicons.

I know! I had serious problems with that and it drove me crazy. The tips that finally fixed them for me were https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1gQSxLXXXXXcmXVXXq6xXFXXXk/Hot-sale-3-size-black-red-double-color-silicone-isolation-font-b-earphone-b-font-font.jpg which I happened to have a pair of from some older phones. With the right fit I'd say they're quite comfortable, but with bad fit they're awful.

Any idea where the model could be actually bought? No hurting testing them, I guess.
Additionally, if somebody has a link for a single package containing di+tri-flanges, would be much appreciated. Did a quick search earlier today, and basically found just combos with each of the either, but not together as a package.

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #464 of 948
Just got my SainSonic MMCX cable and just from connecting them to the earpieces I can feel it's a more secure connection. With the stock K3 cables there is a bit of wiggle but there is absolutely none with these. I can full out head bang with this cable and the connection remains secure. Problem solved!

Now back to listening.

Link to the cable:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRRN7XD/

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #465 of 948
Starting to be concerned I've hopped on a hype train, at least it's only 90 bucks if they suck. Oh well, hope to get them soon it's been a month already

Users who are viewing this thread

Back