Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Apr 20, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #436 of 948
  Magaosi K3 Pro Hong Kong sell 490HKD ,verry cheap
basshead.gif

You know the saying about 'if it's too good to be true...'?

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #437 of 948
Received my K3 Pros the other day, everything seemed fine and the sound seemed to match what others on here had been saying about them. However, as I was changing the silicone tips to foam to see how they were, the nozzle broke away from the body. Damn.

But my question really is, does the average triple-driver IEM have a proper crossover, or just send full range to all three drivers? I only ask because even with the two BA drivers now disconnected, the amount of treble coming through was pretty much the same. Never had a chance to hear an IEM with only one driver in action.

Apologies if this isn't the place for this question, but it does relate to my K3s.

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #438 of 948
  Received my K3 Pros the other day, everything seemed fine and the sound seemed to match what others on here had been saying about them. However, as I was changing the silicone tips to foam to see how they were, the nozzle broke away from the body. Damn.

But my question really is, does the average triple-driver IEM have a proper crossover, or just send full range to all three drivers? I only ask because even with the two BA drivers now disconnected, the amount of treble coming through was pretty much the same. Never had a chance to hear an IEM with only one driver in action.

Apologies if this isn't the place for this question, but it does relate to my K3s.

cool.gif
The Better ones do. But that's still no assurance the crossover points are going to be to everyone's liking. The Manufacturers basically can randomly select frequencies. To get a smooth transition these points should overlap each other a bit. This overlap is dependent upon where the Low Pass and High Pass filters are set for each Frequency range some are quite simple Bass and Treble as in a 2-Way crossover network then it can get way more complicated.

wink.gif
wink.gif
TWIN

Apr 21, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #443 of 948
Have you got any pictures of the fake 30017? How can we tell if we have the real one or not? This is quite alarming.

Here's the photo straight from Digikey:

Anyone with an engraver could engrave that logo & part number on a generic BA. I know because I use an engraver at one of my client's.

How easily does the K3 housing come apart? Is it glued?

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #444 of 948
Anybody have any tips, pun intended, for getting a better isolation and a seal, perhaps a bi+tri flange tip combo I could pick up?
Stock/other single flanges don't seem to work for me, and the stock medium sized memory foams seem to be the least troublesome for me, but still not ideal tbh.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #445 of 948
And yeah, the sound cuts out due to a connector issue? intermittently on the left.
As I mentioned on the chi-fi thread:
OOTB impressions are quite meh, and so is the sound. I guess I could report back on that after 100 hours.
Nothing really to write home about after a few hours yesterday evening+burn in during the night+work nao.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #446 of 948
Different issue, I'm afraid. Nozzle to which the ear tip mounts came away as I tried to remove the silicone tip it shipped with. But answers the question of whether it's glued: it is. Here's a photo in case anyone wants to see inside the K3.

https://s12.postimg.org/vh55s18el/IMG_0783.jpg

Was surprising to hear how little difference there was between this driver ^ and the one with all three drivers working. I guess most of the signal is covered by the dynamic driver and the very top by the BAs. I'll still try to get them replaced, was enjoying having hefty bass and the imaging did seem wider than my SE425s.

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #447 of 948
just got my k3 pro from the post office. already listened to about 12 random tracks - they're ok ootb.

there are only 2 pairs of silicone tips but 3 of foam?! i would have liked a medium silicone as well. as it is, i'm wondering if burn-in is needed or if i need to swap to my medium spin fits. they're really comfy, but grippy, so i'm wondering if the small ones fit.

been burning in for about 3 hours now. will be listening again before sleeping.

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #448 of 948
Hello,
I'm new to forum. I just bought a K3 Pro because of promising reviews in this forum. It has been 2 days they arrived and it is very early to evaluate it before burn in period. My first impressions are they have a large stage and good instrumental difference, but highs are a bit harsh on some tracks. May be they will be better with burn in. So I search another option also for a better balanced sound. I just want to ask if anybody own K3 Pro and Sendiy M1221 both and can make a comparison between two of them.
Thank you very much.

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #449 of 948
After using these for a while, I have to say they're not great. They are rather v-shaped (lol, "balanced". what a joke) and dark sounding.

I like them only after equalizing them, I think they suck for vocals. My EQ preset for them literally has a 5-6 db difference between the low end and the mids.

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #450 of 948
cool.gif
Sounds to me as if there are counterfeit ones coming out of China. Especially if Female Vocals aren't spot-on.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back