Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Mar 20, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #137 of 948
Great, I ordered a pair of the X5s to check out.

I'd still be interested if the K3 Pro is a good match for the type of music I listen to (vs something better suited for classical or jazz for example). Unfortunately the K3 Pro isn't available to demo in the US at a retail store.

I know I can't go strictly on price as a determination of 'better', but I have a heap of inexpensive IEMs that all sound fairly similar in a way. The 1st pair that really made me go 'wow these sound pretty good' was the triple driver Xiaomis (although they were a little sibilant and lacked bass until I sealed one of the ports and swapped tips). Maybe a better strategy is to graduate to fewer, nicer IEMs?

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #138 of 948

cool.gif
I don't know what Magaosi has planned, but I do know once you get past this $200 price range, it's going to get spendy in a Hurry....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Yeah, looking at around $400 upgrade to the k3 pros. I just love their signature.

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #139 of 948
How do you seal the ports on magaosi k3 pro please and is it permanent?
Thank you.

No clue. Mine haven't arrived yet so I've never heard them or seen them except in pictures. I honestly don't plan on messing with them if it's not necessary, because they are supposed to be very well tuned as-is.

So you have the K3 Pro now (and you're not happy with them)? What about them are you not happy with and looking to change? Have you tried the different tuning filters and maybe some different tips? I'd tweak the sound with the filters and tips before I'd consider anything else.

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #140 of 948

cool.gif
I don't know what Magaosi has planned, but I do know once you get past this $200 price range, it's going to get spendy in a Hurry....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Audio pinnacle

:grinning:. Verdict: Love them. Rolled tips found out for me (pre burn in) that I preffer yellow core Trinity-type silicones on them best for Bass response. These are a serious sound quality IEM. Everything everyone says. They won't work for bass or trebleheads, nicely balanced with great presentation. Had a scare I thought for a bit I wasn't going to have enough power with my Good set up. Found out I had the Class A mode in low voltage.... Duh. Got plenty of juice now.
They are on the burner.

I am still waiting for mine the vendor after 3 weeks posted only the tracking #. Anyway I saw your post about the audio pinnacle So how do you compare them with the K3?

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #142 of 948
Got mine from Magaosi taobao store yesterday. Paid $105. I am satisfied with this purchase though heard LZ-A4 and owned the IEM that cannot be named.

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #147 of 948
Hi all,
As from 21st of March the K3pro will be available on more reasonable price so i think give him a try,
I already have the A4 which is no doubt an excellent IEM so i want to know couple of things before taking the final step,
1:- is the K3pro is a true upgrade to A4,???
2:- it is actually very important for me , how about the presentation of music on K3pro it feels left right and more back of the head like A4 or it is front focused specially the position of singer feels more towards the back side of the head or it feels on front side , ???
Thanks in advance . . .

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #148 of 948
Hi all,
As from 21st of March the K3pro will be available on more reasonable price so i think give him a try,
I already have the A4 which is no doubt an excellent IEM so i want to know couple of things before taking the final step,
2:- it is actually very important for me , how about the presentation of music on K3pro it feels left right and more back of the head like A4 or it is front focused specially the position of singer feels more towards the back side of the head or it feels on front side , ???
Thanks in advance . . .
the sale is not in one week

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #149 of 948
Hi all,
Thanks in advance . . .

Compared to a lot of my bud and IEM's, the K3 sound seems to be more toward the front of my head. Quite realistic, IMO.

Mar 21, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #150 of 948
Bass is good as is. You can use kaisertone app or eq on spotify to add more bass. I like bright so no filter. I do use the filter with iOS app kaiser tone to get better sound from YouTube ripped audio. I like to rip you tube audio or video with iCabMobile (app) and export right to kaisertone. Since I listen to many genres of music it's a way to listen to oh say look up audiophile vocals etc. Without filters on the k3 it can be bright (not brighter than my audio technica ath900x open backs) but still has good bass. I listen and stream Ibiza global radio, turntablism, Dnb, electrónica, rap, country, folk, reggae, podcasts, Spanish, mandarín, cantonese, japanese and loads of world music. You will not be dissappointed. Since I have a large ear hole I purchased some spinfits large ( like $1 usd in Taiwan Hong Kong $10usd so look for them on Taiwan websites I'm to lazy for them local the guy was nice and allowed me to test. What's cool of Hong Kong you can try everything. Before I purchased k3 pro I demo many triple drivers camp, i.e, art, sure, etc.and sound ok but price was higher than giraffes pu**y. Finally I told him my price point near $100 usd and he showed k3 pro and I was super happy.i was like no way these sound like the expensive ones and in my personal experience these sound way better with out lacking bass. I even left the shop and demo more triple driver brands and found the brand 1more triple driver in earphone and sound horrible, 2 hours later I came back and got me the magaosi k3 pros. The fittings that come with it are great as well. I got mine in local Hong Kong for $102 usd with 1 year warranty. I tried sure 535se and was dissappointed no bass. Same with 846. Hehe, funny I even bought some replica 535se limited red edition triple driver not to bad either but weak on bass and and lacking brightness but overall triple driver sounds at $35 usd. Would not consider the replicas. I even got me a diy dual driver with lows voice coil and full range armature (replica knowles) sounds really good for $35 usd. The guy is an amature and really he told me he does no know how to tune just solder it together and seal the pla case. Very cheap in china. The armatures are like $70 rmb each must purchase in pairs. Lows, mids, highs, mid bass, subs and more. Now there is a really nice company in china that Does professional work. Senhear, these guys do quality work and I notice shops in Hong Kong use them and slap there logo on it and charge triple the price, Hahaha. Sound really nice, look them up on taobao. Triple armature about $120 usd. There clear pla case are filled and not hollow make it look really nice as well. Yea there not so many in Shenzhen diy but these coming months there is a possibility. I went and spread the word to many earbud wholesalers and manufactures and suppliers. So hopefully we can get better stuff out of china with crossovers, tuned and more drivers at excellent prices. I was going to get into diy but nah, I'm to lazy, but I love me some beats. I even use these in sauna and steam room these are pretty tough.
No clue. Mine haven't arrived yet so I've never heard them or seen them except in pictures. I honestly don't plan on messing with them if it's not necessary, because they are supposed to be very well tuned as-is. Funny I even use these in sauna and steam room suckers are tough and aluminum with my old iPod touch.

So you have the K3 Pro now (and you're not happy with them)? What about them are you not happy with and looking to change? Have you tried the different tuning filters and maybe some different tips? I'd tweak the sound with the filters and tips before I'd consider anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back