Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Mar 17, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #121 of 948

phone user friendly, the 2nd cable, my best guess.  NOIIICE.

The shell reminded me of the PM4, which I got in aluminum (silver'ish). I'm starting to fancy the grey a lot more! 

No, the difference isn't at the 3.5mm male end (both cables have an L-shaped 3.5mm end). What's different is the 2-pin connector that connects to the IEM:

<-ZST    ZS3->

And if you look at these photos, it looks like the cables won't fit cleanly around the ear when switched between models because the angle on the jacks):

<-ZST    ZS3->

Specifically, the ZS3 looks like it pretty much needs a straight jack. If there was a sharp 90 degree jack on the ZS3, it wouldn't go up enough to clear the top of the ear. It appears that the straight cable from the ZS3 will fit the ZST and have more than enough room to clear the top of the ear. The only problem might be too much stress on the cable when it has to bend to go behind the ear. The of lack of a proper strain relief on the straight cable does not instill long-term confidence.

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #122 of 948
  I think that's the only difference. The plugs are the same, so technically either cable could be used on both IEMs. Whether they route cleanly around the the ears when the ZST cable (w/90 degree tip) is used on the ZS3 (and vice versa) or stick out and do weird things is unknown. I just have the correct cables for each because they were so cheap.

I don't know why they didn't just make the plugs the same between both models. Cheaper/easier from a manufacturing standpoint vs having 2 different plugs.

my guess again is that the non-mic cable components is probably superior, thus the better (and pricier) cable of the two. It's nice that they have a spare though.

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #124 of 948
Guys, might be a little off topic, but here are some impressions of the K3 i had used for awhile. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/hilisening-magaosi-newest-high-end-detachable-design-k3-in-ear-hifi-earphone-1-dynamic-and-2-ba-3-way-hybrid-earbud-sport-detach-earhooks-headset-headphones/reviews/18232

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #125 of 948

my guess again is that the non-mic cable components is probably superior, thus the better (and pricier) cable of the two. It's nice that they have a spare though.

Both silver-plated replacement cables are sans mic (and yes, no mic > mic). The true 'upgrade' is the silver plated copper cable.

Mar 18, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #126 of 948
3f4a2cb5af46846de62939eb2e1e06f0.jpg

OOTB it has the sparkle of my 1more triple. Good separation. Gives the much needed bass that the 1more lacks. Bass hits low but not as boomy as IT03. Has way better fit as well compared to the IT03.

This will probably sing better with a better amp module since I'm already listening at volume 105 on low gain.

Sent from Nokia 3210

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #127 of 948

uh, 3 days vs 30 is a long wait (if not longer)... (*_*)

yeah 10$ plus DHL fees may sometimes be worth it... 
Where you live?

I got my K3Pro from Penon in one (1!) week to the Netherlands. No express shiopping, normally send!

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #130 of 948
Hi All,

Happy A4 owner here, tempted by the price and impressions of the K3 Pro - how does the soundstage compare to LZ A4?

Hate to ask this again... but is the soundstage wider with more depth on the K3Pro?

Also I saw Twin state the highs were between the Black and Blue nozzle on the A4, do the highs get too bright or fatiguing?

If your not a basshead,like me will I feel like the bass is too overwhelming on the K3Pro?

Thanks
Neal

Dang... now I want these too!!!

Mar 18, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #131 of 948
At a moderate volume I do not see the treble getting fatiguing. The bass is above neutral but they are not bass cannons and it's tastefully done. Remember I have the originals though, not the Pro which apparently add a tad bit of warmth.

Idk why but last week when testing my 4 core balanced cable I didn't notice much difference compared to when it's on my A4 but today it's quite noticeable. Gonna have to order another cable, maybe an 8 core this time and will put that on my A4.

Punchy but not boomy bass, sweet mids, treble that has great detail and really good bite. I do feel the A4 has better imaging, more spacious and has buttery smooth treble (black nozzles).

Mar 18, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #132 of 948
At a moderate volume I do not see the treble getting fatiguing. The bass is above neutral but they are not bass cannons and it's tastefully done. Remember I have the originals though, not the Pro which apparently add a tad bit of warmth.

Idk why but last week when testing my 4 core balanced cable I didn't notice much difference compared to when it's on my A4 but today it's quite noticeable. Gonna have to order another cable, maybe an 8 core this time and will put that on my A4.

Punchy but not boomy bass, sweet mids, treble that has great detail and really good bite. I do feel the A4 has better imaging, more spacious and has buttery smooth treble (black nozzles).

Thank you!!

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #134 of 948
  I wonder what's a good upgrade to this? I absolutely love the k3 pro, and looking forward to upgrade in December.

cool.gif
I don't know what Magaosi has planned, but I do know once you get past this $200 price range, it's going to get spendy in a Hurry....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back