MAD Mapletree Viper 2 Stereo Magic Eye Monitor
May 29, 2007 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Bootleg

Headphoneus Supremus
Has anyone ever bought or seen one of these contraptions?

http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/viper.htm

I'd love to see some pics and or a youtube video of those lights going to town...anybody know anything about it?

May 29, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 23
When I was a kid, my family had a Voice of Music tape recorder that used a "Magic Eye" as its level indicator. To my untutored ears it seemed to work OK. Given my choice I'd have a set of MacIntosh style VU meters.

May 29, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #3 of 23
Actually, and maybe you meant this, but I have a pair of Mac meters on the way!

I love a good light show!

May 29, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 23
I have been looking all over for a pair of Mac meters. Where did you purchase yours? Also, please post of you receive yours whether the sound was negatively impacted by introducing new equipment to the chain. I have read that introducing anything in the chain does effect the sound but I question whether it is really noticeable or imagined.
I just noticed. When you said you had "meters on the way" did you mean the MA6900? If so, congratulations and I am envious.

May 29, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 23
yes, I meant the MA6900...

As to the Viper, it could be added to the chain AFTER the signal goes out to the headphone (i think) by plugging it into the pre out pass thru on the ear purist hd2

May 29, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone ever bought or seen one of these contraptions?

http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/viper.htm

I'd love to see some pics and or a youtube video of those lights going to town...anybody know anything about it?

Have you seen the photo gallery that Lloyd has set up on the site? It doesn't offer the most comprehensive views of the Eye+, but you'll get a general idea of what it looks like "in action."

May 29, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #7 of 23
Yeah, I saw it and it looks cool....but a better pic would be better...

I wonder how many he's sold....what a fun idea.

May 30, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #8 of 23
In the interest of science, you must but this device! I will be happy to take care of producing the youtube video for you so it can be seen in action.

But seriously, try yet another amp or some electrostatic phones first.

May 30, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a sucker! I ordered it...lol!

There is really no stopping you, is there?
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #14 of 23
Mr Arroyo:

Is that a real pic/video or a graphic?

May 31, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #15 of 23
Are you pulling our leg with that image? Is it some sci-fi movie insider-reference image? Or something from Brookstone? Is this overzealous-newbie hazing? <wink>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back