Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Oct 29, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #43,111 of 48,560
I dunno about the Titanium HD, but the GSX1000 doesn't have a very powerful amp. However, it does have an awesome virtual surround in GSX. As far as your headphones, considerable upgrade from two excellent headphones for gaming purposes? Not particularly. If you want improvements on technicalities, sure, but if the main goal is gaming and detail retrieval, there's no real point spending so much just for that purpose. I'd make an assumption in that maybe something like the HD800 would be a meaningful upgrade, and you ain't gonna be driving that with a GSX1000, lol.

The goal in upgrading from something like the 598 would be for more musicality and enjoyment, and less for brute forcing clarity for gaming.

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #43,112 of 48,560
Curious on how you like them. So, no Asgard 3 with optical then? :frowning2:

I think he pretty much approached me with these two because they were upcoming products. The Asgard with optical will likely take some more cajoling from people, lol.

Hell, if he's gonna stretch out further from this, I'd ask him to make something like the HEL but with a Modi level dac, and asgard amp (with asgare sized chassis) with mic input, as well as a slew of inputs in the back (optical included). A man can dream.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #43,113 of 48,560
I doubt the HD58X will offer any benefit for gaming, over the HD598.
But the HD58X should make music more lively, over the HD598.

Thanks for your answer! I never listen to music or watch anything on my headphones, they're used only for PC Gaming.

I already have an HD 598 but I'm in with an offer to buy the 58X or the K7XX for almost the same price, so that's why I'm thinking about upgrading my HD 598, but only if they're better... If the difference in gaming is almost inexistent, I won't change.

I dunno about the Titanium HD, but the GSX1000 doesn't have a very powerful amp. However, it does have an awesome virtual surround in GSX. As far as your headphones, considerable upgrade from two excellent headphones for gaming purposes? Not particularly. If you want improvements on technicalities, sure, but if the main goal is gaming and detail retrieval, there's no real point spending so much just for that purpose. I'd make an assumption in that maybe something like the HD800 would be a meaningful upgrade, and you ain't gonna be driving that with a GSX1000, lol.

The goal in upgrading from something like the 598 would be for more musicality and enjoyment, and less for brute forcing clarity for gaming.

So there's no headphone (US$ 150,00~250,00) that worth the upgrade ($$$) from the HD 598, exclusively for gaming?

Thanks!

Oct 29, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #43,114 of 48,560
Thanks for your answer! I never listen to music or watch anything on my headphones, they're used only for PC Gaming.

I already have an HD 598 but I'm in with an offer to buy the 58X or the K7XX for almost the same price, so that's why I'm thinking about upgrading my HD 598, but only if they're better... If the difference in gaming is almost inexistent, I won't change.

So there's no headphone (US$ 150,00~250,00) that worth the upgrade ($$$) from the HD 598, exclusively for gaming?

Thanks!
TBH, no. No for competitive at least. I mean if you want a nice upgrade, but not expecting OMG huuuuuge increase, a K702 would fit the bill, but that needs more than some meager amp like the GSX1000.

Oct 29, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #43,115 of 48,560
Of course it could be anything, as in no X7 successor, but we will see. Also: Hey WhitehartMart! :slight_smile:

heheblasterjakvo.png

Oct 29, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #43,116 of 48,560
I think he pretty much approached me with these two because they were upcoming products. The Asgard with optical will likely take some more cajoling from people, lol.

Hell, if he's gonna stretch out further from this, I'd ask him to make something like the HEL but with a Modi level dac, and asgard amp (with asgare sized chassis) with mic input, as well as a slew of inputs in the back (optical included). A man can dream.

I put my two cents in over there for an optical input, so hopefully if they see it as something people want they will make it. It wasn't even on my radar until you mentioned it over on this thread. I just got some Sparkos for my X7 in the mail today. Very excited to try them out tonight.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #43,117 of 48,560
TBH, no. No for competitive at least. I mean if you want a nice upgrade, but not expecting OMG huuuuuge increase, a K702 would fit the bill, but that needs more than some meager amp like the GSX1000.

The K702 is better than que K7XX?

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #43,118 of 48,560
No. They're similar, with the pad density mainly being the biggest change. The K7XX sounds less detailed but fuller, more musical. The K702 sounds clearer, but not as rich. I'm sure there's other differences, but don't expect much aside from the pads.

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #43,119 of 48,560
pnISZlHBj
images

Hi all. I’d like to share my audio setup for gaming. I play only on Xbox One X.
I don’t know if the picture above will load corretly, but it consists in: Senn HD800 with modmic 5 (alternating with Mr Speakers Ether C), Mixamp pro tr to Cavalli Liquid Carbon (or Questyle cma400i). All Phones cables are balanceds.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #43,120 of 48,560
Of course it could be anything, as in no X7 successor, but we will see. Also: Hey WhitehartMart! :slight_smile:

heheblasterjakvo.png
For the foreseeable future, it’s Project Aris, I think.
This is their promo blurb:

“Our very first direct, plug-and-play USB DAC and Amp designed with gaming consoles in mind, Project Auris is a must-have in your quest to up your console gaming experience!“

https://uk.creative.com/upgrade/

- Don’t see how it could be the “must-have” they are making it out to be without optical-in or HDMI though.

I think their HDMI-based device probably won’t hit the market until Q2 at the earliest.

Oct 31, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #43,121 of 48,560
Ok, it's a bit late for me, but I have to ask.
I have GSX1000 with 363d sennheiser headphones.
I ordered AKG k702 for competitive gaming (I'm playing FPS mostly, so I don't think I need 712pro for better overall experience. Just gaming. And I found it a lot cheaper in my country)

Now I'm browsing some sites and finding out, that everyone just love SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless. I'm don't really care about wireless part, but all reviewers prasing it's imaging and sondstage.
The question is, I guess, will 702 be better for soundwhoring than SteelSeries Arctis Pro?

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #43,122 of 48,560
Ok, it's a bit late for me, but I have to ask.
I have GSX1000 with 363d sennheiser headphones.
I ordered AKG k702 for competitive gaming (I'm playing FPS mostly, so I don't think I need 712pro for better overall experience. Just gaming. And I found it a lot cheaper in my country)

Now I'm browsing some sites and finding out, that everyone just love SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless. I'm don't really care about wireless part, but all reviewers prasing it's imaging and sondstage.
The question is, I guess, will 702 be better for soundwhoring than SteelSeries Arctis Pro?
Unless you’re gaming in a noisier environment with lots of ambient sounds to distract (in which case the greater isolation of closed backs would be better) then no, the Arctis Pro will not be better for soundwhoring than the AKG702.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #43,124 of 48,560
Agreed. Having my wife sit at the computer next to me with her damned Cherry MX Blues... Closed is where it's at!
If you like closed backs and wireless PC gaming, these just released. They have specs one would normally associate with non-gaming audiophile cans and have been getting rave reviews:

https://eu.audio-technica.com/ATH-G1WL

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #43,125 of 48,560
Just get the Creative Soundblaster G6. It’s the best gaming dac/amp within your price range.

Alternatively, you could go for the Soundblaster X3. It’s not quite as good as the G6 in dac/amp terms but it does offer both Super X-Fi virtual surround and SBX virtual surround (whereas the G6 offers only SBX). The X3 also offers 7.1 analogue outs to connect desktop surround speakers if you wish. Google Super X-Fi if you are unfamiliar with it.

Do you think X3 would be a noticeable upgrade over Omni? Also I don't see SBX mentioned on X3 page - or is it just be default there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back