1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (9/10/2019: Grado WH1 'The White Headphone' Added)

Discussion in 'Video Games Discussion' started by mad lust envy, Jan 17, 2011.
First

Back
2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860
2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868
Next

Last
  1. illram
    Is this different than the DTS Sound Unbound option I recently saw in the "spatial sound" options in Windows? I've been curious to try it.

2. mharidas
    The very same! The DTS: X headphone is the free trial option within that DTS Sound Unbound app. This is the same DTS X Headphone 2.0 they demoed way back in 2014 to exclusive invite-only press core.

They have a library of tunings for several headphones, though HD 700 wasn't among the list, so I chose generic headphones and put the preset to "Spacious" and the HD 700 sounded good. I'll stick to Dolby Headphone DH2 mode for now though but I am sure DTS will listen to feedback and fix the small issues I noticed.

3. Mightygrey
    I really need to see a picture of someone wearing these to get a true idea of what they actually look like. Any volunteers care to share?

4. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    They look comically huge when worn. Suffice to say, if you're trying to look attractive while wearing headphones, this ain't one of the good ones, hahaha.

Mightygrey likes this.
  5. Thenewbie76
    Anybody got the LCD2? Do you still feel the weight when you're playing? I got to use it for like 15 minutes with the new headband and it's more comfortable but just wondering

6. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    That new headband design really goes a long way, compared to the one the LCD2 came with so those years ago. Literal night and day comfort improvement. You'll still feel the weight, but it's so much easier on the head when the headband comfort is so dramatically improved.

Thenewbie76 likes this.
  7. Mightygrey
    Well I also own a pair of Jecklin Floats, so everything is relative...I guess.

8. mindbomb
    Well, the virtual 7.1 setting is something you can easily test for with a 7.1 file. When the setting is unchecked, windows spatial sound is only enabled for games that support the api and full 3d sound. When the setting is checked though, it will work with games or applications that support regular 7.1 as well. The issue is that nothing supports windows spatial sound, so without the 7.1 fallback, it typically doesn't do anything.

SierraMadre likes this.
  9. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    If you guys wanna do me a solid, head on over to the Asgard 3 thread, and let them know what a good idea it would be for the Asgard 3 to have an add in card with an optical/spdif input instead of usb input, considering how we can hook up literally anything and everything we use with optical, as opposed to usb which is much more limited.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  10. Yethal
    I asked Jason Stoddard for an s/pdif card back when Jotunheim was released and he said that they don't want to have another SKU for like ten people that would buy it. Back in Modi 1 when Modi was USB only they made a separate version called Modi optical (which I used to own) and according to Jason they didn't sell at all.

11. Mad Lust Envy Contributor
    Hell, I bought the Modi 1 and never noticed they had that. I definitely would've gotten it. I don't think they advertise themselves as well as they do these days.

12. TeeReQs
    I posted over there. Asgard 3 seems like everything I could want from an amp/dac combo if it had optical. If I played on PC only, it wouldn't matter too much, but would be nice to cover the console side of things using the X7's SBX.

13. Scriba
    What are your experience with the DT 1990 pro compared to the 990 pro? I know the higher price is not worth it but is the DT 1990 better for gaming?

14. Thenewbie76
    So did you finalize on what you're gonna get ?

15. Thenewbie76
    @Mad Lust Envy sorry but 2 more questions, firstly is there any virtual surround sound programme I could use because the DAC I am using now is the SMSL SU 8 ( good measurements according to amirm from audiosciencereview) and the THX 789. I am happy with my gear now. Secondly couldn't I just use the mic cable from the LCD GX on the LCD 2?

First

Back
2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860
2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868
Next

Last