Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 22, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #42,316 of 48,561
I mean, it's irrelevant what individual people choose to do. One of the best Overwatch players, Kephrii, uses 400 dpi on his mouse, even though you can do a mathematical proof showing that 1600 dpi at 1/4 sensitivity would result in less pixel skipping. It's always better to try to understand the settings rather than blindly follow someone else.

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #42,317 of 48,561
I mean, it's irrelevant what individual people choose to do. One of the best Overwatch players, Kephrii, uses 400 dpi on his mouse, even though you can do a mathematical proof showing that 1600 dpi at 1/4 sensitivity would result in less pixel skipping. It's always better to try to understand the settings rather than blindly follow someone else.

Well, analogizing it to any other pro sport, it's natural for people to assume that pro's do things a certain way because that is the best way to do it. Like in baseball, you're going to want to watch and emulate the swing mechanics of a good hitter, or in basketball you're going to want to take a fade away jumper like a pro does, etc. etc. There are some outliers who just do things their way and it works for them but there is by and large an objectively "best" way of doing certain things in all competitive sports, so it's natural for people to assume that if pros all use stereo without any VSS then well that must be the best way to do it. (Again, I have no idea if this is true, just that this is the "echo chamber" dogma you often get)

I could totally see gaming not really being up to the same level of analytical analysis as other pro sports, and if that is the reason we don't see more pervasive use of VSS, I can only assume it will inevitably take over at some point given its just objectively better if you use the right equipment.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #42,318 of 48,561
Of course reddit considers vss a gimmick, Zeos said so in one of his videos so it must be true.

Apr 23, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #42,319 of 48,561
I see there is still a strong sentiment against DEDICATED HARDPANNING STEREO GAMING.

You know when during a game you have a burning fire before you and turn around 360° to trace its audio VSS takes you much longer to assess the capacity of all the aural information because you have more directionality to process with your brain. Hardpanned stereo gaming is much faster. It'st just left, middle and right. While I make it out alive you guys will burn to death. If you were pro gamers like me you would have known this already.

Apr 23, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #42,320 of 48,561
I see there is still a strong sentiment against DEDICATED HARDPANNING STEREO GAMING.

You know when during a game you have a burning fire before you and turn around 360° to trace its audio VSS takes you much longer to assess the capacity of all the aural information because you have more directionality to process with your brain. Hardpanned stereo gaming is much faster. It'st just left, middle and right. While I make it out alive you guys will burn to death. If you were pro gamers like me you would have known this already.
Toss this man over the railing. HE SPEWS LIES. :shark:

You and the poverty 2 ear crew. I HEAR IN 4D

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #42,323 of 48,561
I'm very, very new to Reddit, so I don't even know who Zeos is, but sounds like someone that knows at least something, if he agrees that GSX is worth double amping for. Something his followers should take note of.

Apr 23, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #42,324 of 48,561
I'm very, very new to Reddit, so I don't even know who Zeos is, but sounds like someone that knows at least something, if he agrees that GSX is worth double amping for. Something his followers should take note of.
Zeos is a youtuber who also runs a subreddit. But he’s more known as Z Reviews on youtube. r/headphones hates him btw.

Apr 23, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #42,325 of 48,561
I can't even remember how I found my way to whatever thread was arguing against me about VSS, but seriously, I know almost nothing of reddit. I have never actually looked into r/headphones and probably found my way there through google, lol.

The upvote, self congratulatory agenda on there doesn't look appealing really. I think people would just post whatever makes them popular instead of actual informative discussions. People did not wanna hear what I had to say at all. Hahaha

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #42,327 of 48,561

He's quite the no-bull kind of reviewer / audio enthusiast. I can see why some people hate him, but I think he's worth listening to.

Here's an example of his attitude:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 23, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #42,328 of 48,561
I really like that guy's style, and from the little I've listened to him, I'm basically in total agreement with.

I didn't get to him talking about VSS so that may change, but so far, he knows what's up.

Apr 23, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #42,329 of 48,561
Hey everyone i am just setting up Dolby Atmos for headphones and wondering if this is the best way to go. I Currently have the dt990's and debating on the sxfi amp or possibly the modius headsets. Any opinions or advice.

Also if i decide on sticking with Atmos should i invest in a decent amp/dac if so any recommendations i am currently using a syba sonic.

thanks again for the help

Apr 23, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #42,330 of 48,561
Zeos also praised the GSX. He also said the vss actually works but I guess that went through one ear and out the other

Creative E5 starts at 4:56 if you're looking for the SBX part.
Ttbh he might as well have said that about GSX but I'm not cringeresistant enough to sit through an entire Zeos video so I can neither confirm nor disprove that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back