Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 5, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #41,042 of 48,561
Yes it is a less reverb-y VSS. Sometimes with DH the rear cues can stick out more, which is good, but on the balance the audio quality improvement of SBX (on any SBX device) makes it a more pleasing experience.

I’m glad to hear this. I’ve never really like the reverb with DH and I have a G6 being delivered that is my first SBX device. Most of what I play at this point is single player and I just wanted a VSS solution that works with just about everything. I’m pretty excited to try it out.

Sep 5, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #41,043 of 48,561
Oh, no.

Can you tell me what was you prior sound card (and settings/virtual sound engine) before G6?

Sorry I don't have another to compare it to. This is my first hardware VSS since the original Mixamp on Xbox 360. Only other thing I've tried is the software Dolby Atmos and Sonic but they were terrible. I'm going to chalk it up to it being the games sound mix.

Sep 5, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #41,044 of 48,561
Curious what others who also own an X7 think of the G6? I had some time to sit down and play some Call of Duty on the X7 tonight @100% surround. To my ears the X7 audio quality is superior with surround dialed all the way up. G6 can sound congested and smear the bass when there is a lot happening. X7 doesn't really suffer from that. I don't notice a difference in surround cue quality though, which is great.

Maybe not all that surprising, considering they do not share the same DAC and may not have the same processing power.

Sep 5, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #41,046 of 48,561
If all your trouble shooting fails, you can try the creative chat support. I spoke with Arjey and he helped me with my issue.

I ended up formating and installing a fresh Windows.

It's doing good so far, I have a hunch that the G6 dislikes my FiiO X3 drivers, as if they fight for the same adresses or something, it is the only thing different from my previous configuration. I'll keep an eye on it.

The software is messy and convoluted. The polar opposite of the ease of use of the GSX1000

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #41,047 of 48,561
So I'm getting pretty good VSS positioning with the G6 in COD WWII but I'm rarely hearing footsteps. I'm getting snuck up on all the time. I've tried different settings like but it doesn't help. Not sure what to do.
Im Actually hearing footsteps just fine in ww2. Im using ultra wide for surround and everything else is off. No EQ. Dolby Audio setting set to full.

Sep 5, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #41,048 of 48,561
Im Actually hearing footsteps just fine in ww2. Im using ultra wide for surround and everything else is off. No EQ. Dolby Audio setting set to full.

Interesting. I'll try it again tomorrow with those exact settings but not sure why I can't hear them with everything I tried.

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #41,050 of 48,561
I have seen some videos comparing gsx and g6 surround

While i heard the comparsion through stereo

I found minimal difference

I am not sure if this is what i should expect or the sound quality of the video makes a difference

Any idea?!

Plus if i to choose between a sound card vs an open back like "game one headset " which one will benifit me more regarding better surround?

Sep 6, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #41,051 of 48,561
For people with a Nintendo Switch and X7..How are you connecting it to the X7? I tried the line in ports but it sounded terrible.
I don't have the switch directly connected to the X7. I use ny TV's optical out. The switch doesn't do surround from what I see, so turn off SBX when using it.

My tv passes Dolby Digital for the X7 to decode.

Sep 6, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #41,052 of 48,561
I may be repeating myself for no reason, BUT MAKE SURE TO SET THE G6 SURROUND TO MAX in the PC software before using it.

So I'm getting pretty good VSS positioning with the G6 in COD WWII but I'm rarely hearing footsteps. I'm getting snuck up on all the time. I've tried different settings but it doesn't help. Not sure what to do.
I haven't played WWII either than the campaign, but CoD have deemphasized hearing footsteps. It may be game related and nothing your devices can do about it.

There are many fps games that have bad footstep audio if any.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #41,053 of 48,561
so i got my GSX1200 today (got it 1€ cheaper than the GSX1000) but i have some problems with it.
First i had it plugged in a USB 3.0 port and tried to set it up but i couldn´t change volume or any settings on the GSX1200.
So i thought to myself i will just try it with a USB 2.0 port and it worked, i could controll volume without a problem and the other settings seemed to do what they have to do.
Now for the quick setup in windows, so i go into my playback devies, choose the GSX 1200 Pro Main Audio and click configure.
Here i choose 7.1 Surround and press Test and get the Error Message "failed to play test tone".
If i just go ahead and finish the setup i have no more sound until i go back to Stereo.

TL;DR : When i try to set my GSX1200 to 7.1 Surround in Windows i get the Error "failed to play test tone"

Anyone got a fix for this?

Sep 6, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #41,054 of 48,561
I don't have the switch directly connected to the X7. I use ny TV's optical out. The switch doesn't do surround from what I see, so turn off SBX when using it.

My tv passes Dolby Digital for the X7 to decode.

Thanks for the reply MLE.

I have my Switch hooked to my monitor right now, and it's directly next to my X7. I've just been plugging in headphones into the switch. I ran and HDMI cable through the walls to the TV in the living room, so it's hooked up to that as well if I want to play from the couch, but the TV is not hooked to the X7 since the only time I use the X7 is when I'm at my desk (which is most of the time). Is there any other way to pair the two without passing through a TV? My monitor obviously doesn't have optical out.

Sep 6, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #41,055 of 48,561
Hi, I need your help...

I am an Xbox one x Player, please help me to configure my setup...

Audio gd 11.28
Shure srh 1540
Antillon modmic

I think I need an astro mixamp, can anyone say me how I can paire all these things? Sorry my English is not so good...

Greetings from austria

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back