Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 29, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #40,892 of 48,561
My irritation with those products is how they sell a version for each system.

WHY CAN'T THEY SELL ONE UNIT THAT WORKS WITH ALL? I guess that's too 2011 for them now and they need to bombard us with derivatives for each device you own? It's so anti-consumer.

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #40,893 of 48,561
BINGO! Set the G6 on ps4 settings to set JUST chat audio. Boom. Surround still works.

Guys, WE HAVE A GO!

G6 is primed for buying!

Again though, make sure that you at least have a computer somewhere to initially set all your settings like sending sbx to other devices via analog/spdif out, and set surround to max.
Almost gave me a heart attack man

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #40,894 of 48,561
It's really a good thing I decided to redo the testing. I had a feeling I may have screwed something up and in the end found that almost EVERYTHING was wrong. :grimacing:

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #40,895 of 48,561
DTS Headphone X didn't impress me over HeSuVi tbh and I have no faith in TB, even though I kinda liked the DSS.

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #40,896 of 48,561
My friend has an Arctis Pro that I probably should check out, but I KNOW the damn thing won't fit my head. I was blessed with a hell of a noggin.

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #40,897 of 48,561
Aug 29, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #40,899 of 48,561
So I just found out about HeSuVi and how to get all VSS options included with it. I have to ask... do they sound like the real deal?

I tried it briefly but the only "hardware" based VSS that I've heard is SBX from my basic Audigy FX card and I have to say it sounded a bit different but maybe it's due to different EQ settings that I set on my Audigy card, also I installed HeSuVi on the mobo's output instead of my Audigy card which has a bit less power to drive my headphones.

Anyways I'm not really knowledgeable on the matter so I'm asking the pros, can I expect the same results on HeSuVi from the actual hardware for each VSS?

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #40,900 of 48,561
They're not 1:1. Some sound similar, some don't. Personally I'll just take the real deal considering I already have it. But for those that don't, it's nice to try out I guess.

Aug 29, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #40,901 of 48,561
Yeah that's what I thought, it's nice as a baseline I would say.

I do have to say that out of the few I tried Atmos really blew me away, the sound accuracy was insane, I really felt immersed in BF1 and the sound signature wasn't bad, maybe a bit on the bassy side.

I was looking to try out Sennheiser's GSX the most as I've heard a lot of good things from it but I wasn't really impressed, I felt Atmos provided better accuracy and sound signature than GSX + but maybe it just sounds much better on the actual hardware.

Also I only messed with HeSuVi for like 40 minutes so it's just my initial impression.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #40,902 of 48,561
Yeah that's what I thought, it's nice as a baseline I would say.

I do have to say that out of the few I tried Atmos really blew me away, the sound accuracy was insane, I really felt immersed in BF1 and the sound signature wasn't bad, maybe a bit on the bassy side.

I was looking to try out Sennheiser's GSX the most as I've heard a lot of good things from it but I wasn't really impressed, I felt Atmos provided better accuracy and sound signature than GSX + but maybe it just sounds much better on the actual hardware.

Also I only messed with HeSuVi for like 40 minutes so it's just my initial impression.
The GSX is one of the ones that don't sound like the real thing. Real GSX is considerably better.

Aug 29, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #40,904 of 48,561
Why? GSX is a nice VSS but it's packaged into a low-fi limpy device. Yes, the UI and operation are well made but that's all.
I'd pick one for 49€ and use it with a PC37X, not more. I'd rather get SBX from HeSuVi, a SBZ and go full force (optical out) into a nice Modi stack and rout the mic cable from your onboard audio or anything else to the mic connector of your headset.

Aug 29, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #40,905 of 48,561
You are right, personally I find the GSX really overpriced, I would definitely get one if the amp was good enough for my Q701's.

Right now I have an Audigy FX which has SBX and the amp even though not great it does provide a little bit more volume than the onboard chip so I'm just getting a Magni 3 in the upcoming months and call it a day, at least until I'm hungry for another VSS or Sennheiser is able to provide their GSX VSS on a cheaper/better product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back