Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 4, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #42,811 of 48,561
Yeah, I remember that. Let's wait and see. IFA starts this Friday.

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #42,812 of 48,561
Exactly what I want. I mean if applying SXFI to Dolby is problematic, surely HDMI is the way to go as it would allow SXFI to process multichannel PCM (as it already does via for PC via USB) from all major consoles, even the Switch.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #42,813 of 48,561
About Apex, I don't know for sure, but maybe the headphones I have, Philips SHP9500 with open backs and good sound stage help with the directional audio.

This is apples and oranges. What people like me are advocating for is the use of hrtf or virtual surround sound as a means to preserve directional information from the game in the digital domain. Even if you had great headphones, if information is lost at an earlier stage, the headphones can't recover it.

Sep 4, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #42,814 of 48,561
I'm hearing that dts headphone x for windows spatial sound features headphone equalization profiles for most popular headphone models as well as two different room settings. Watch out dolby!

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #42,815 of 48,561
Is it possible that I'm over powering the HD800S? I have the X7 set as high gain (but I don't believe that it's a factor due to amp I have hooked up) I then have the Jotunheim in High gain as well and tune the volume to my liking.

I'm on PS4 PRO

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #42,817 of 48,561
Is there another way, with a mixer or something, that I can achieve the functionality of controlling game and chat volume separately?
With an analog mixer, yes.

Sep 7, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #42,821 of 48,561
So is the newest mixamp tr the best way to chat with friends connect to my pc to watch youtube and listen to music at the same time? I use hyper x sennheiser game zero and other headsets/headphones.
I'm just trying to make my setup easy. I'm not worried about wires. Just easy chat good sound.

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #42,823 of 48,561
Those of you who are using Sennheiser HD 58X with Sound BlasterX G6 (if there are any of you), could you share your best SBX settings for singleplayer games like AC Odyssey and similar? I recently bought G6 and I'm looking for the best settings.

Also, for the G6 owners, does your device switch to direct mode by itself? Mine does it every other day, when I open player or start playing something it just switches to direct mode and I have to restart the PC for it to work the way I want to. I don't know what may be causing this problem.

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #42,824 of 48,561
Have you updated the G6? That is very important to knock off a lot of kinks that the G6 had for quite some time. Back then, settings would definitely switch by themselves. @anicai

https://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nLanguageLocale=1033&nDriverType=0#type_0

As for me, I personally use 100% surround, as SBX is the least offensive surround process in terms of room size. The bigger the space, the better it is to get some distance between you and the sound cues, and the G6 doesn't add the kind of reverb that things like Dolby Headphone and GSX do when maxed out. AT the very least, I personally recommend anything above 67% and above.

I'm currently finishing up most of the Grado White review, so I'll hopefully have it done by tomorrow and ready to upload. Wednesday at the latest.

Sep 9, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #42,825 of 48,561
To the select few of my people, I currently have the Grado White rough draft up for you guys to read.

To everyone else here, again, the final version will be up hopefully tomorrow if not Wednesday. Just gotta go through the editing and fixes, etc. I'm tired for tonight and don't have the mind to finish atm.

After the Grado white, I don't have any other headphone lined up, but I MIGHT actually make a special post with my picks in 2019 (based off my own experiences, which may have some discontinued products, because I can't keep up with the times, lol).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back