Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Aug 6, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #42,676 of 48,561
Wasn't DTS:X Ultra supposed to come to the Windows store for both Xbox and PC? At latest with the May Update?

Dolby Atmos customization options are also missing. I want the center speaker not in my head but infront, as with SBX. That change will probably never happen but we'll see.

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #42,678 of 48,561
I use Dolby Atmos for Atmos movies or games and The BlasterX G6's SBX generally for games on both PC and the PS4

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #42,680 of 48,561
The G6 is just there to give me SBX over optical, via the USB of my PC or optical of the PS4, nothing else. I don't use D/A section or any analog parts at all.

I switch between almost all of my headphones except the HD 650 and the "smaller" Hifimans.

Aug 6, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #42,681 of 48,561
Is there a way to try the Dolby Atoms for headphones for free on Windows? I heard there is a trial we can use but i dont know where to look o how to find it. When I choose Dolby Atmos as my headphone output from the sound properties, it opens up Microsoft store but the page never loads...

Aug 6, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #42,682 of 48,561
You actually only get it from the store.

have you tried WSRESET from the run command to reset the store app?

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #42,683 of 48,561
I finally enabled Dolby Atmos and it made absolutely no difference in Battlefield 1. So the game should also support it in order to make use of it? I dont have any of the listed games on the app page, can you direct me to an online resource where I can listen to Dolby Atmos samples or movie scenes?

Tip for anyone who might be facing a problem with windows update not downloading or Microsoft Store not downloading: Try disabling IPV6 in your network adapter in control panel, took me a week of research.

Aug 6, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #42,684 of 48,561
That's generally how I feel about Atmos through Windows. Sometimes I feel like it's not even working. A far cry from even Dolby Headphone Room 1 which is far superior.

That's one thing I hate about PC, how things sometimes are just utterly broken.

HDR on PC is a trial and error type of deal. Some games you have to force HDR through Windows before launching a game so it gets picked up, and the game launches in HDR (i.e. Mass Effect Andromeda) . Other times you have to do this, but it'll be an option in game to turn HDR on/off (i.e. Forza Horizon 4). Other times the game knows the display is capable of HDR and has settings to turn it on or off, which is the best way to implement HDR and all games should do (like i.e. Destiny 2). And lastly, some games are supposedly HDR ready but break and crash as soon as you try it (i.e. Ni No Kuni II).

You don't get these types of problems on consoles. When you do, they get fixed very quickly.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #42,685 of 48,561
Atmos worked on Overwatch for me but it is an in game setting. I could actually discern verticality, it was cool.

As presented on Windows in the sound options it is gimmicky as it only works with an Atmos feed, most of which is on movies only, where it is more difficult to really tell it is working. (Although someone mentioned they recently added 7.1 to it for non atmos content? Haven't tried it yet)

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #42,688 of 48,561
Aug 7, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #42,689 of 48,561
Metro Exodus, Resident Evil 2 Remake

Aug 7, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #42,690 of 48,561
Found it online for atmos games. Hope it helps! I expected/hoped for more.
But i tried it with Battlefield 1 and there was absolutely no difference! Airplanes where still zipping from left to right and everything was spanning left to right just like what you would expect from Windows Sonic. What am I missing? Audio Options are Headphones and Surround. Sound Properties: Dolby Atmos for Headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back