Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jun 28, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #47,011 of 48,562
I will be the one asking that same question again, but for the Drop Focal Elex: how was pinpointing footsteps?
The Elex responds fantastically well to virtual surround. That + high level of detail = it makes for an excellent competitive gaming headphone.

Virtual surround more or less makes any decently soundstaging headphone automatically excellent.

Now, the Elex soundstage inherently isn't anything special without virtual surround, so if you're mainly a stereo gamer, it's pretty average in that regard. Then again, high clarity, so it's gonna be at least decent.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #47,012 of 48,562
If anyone has the iFi Zen Dac (or Zen Dac V2) they have a firmware which enables Playstation support now. Got my V2 today and loaded it on/tested and all works well. Just thought it worth a mention in case anyone hadn't seen the new update.

Jun 30, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #47,013 of 48,562
I just bought the Razer Blackshark V2 for a good price and i'm very happy with it. However did anyone notice that it sounds better in the mids with the supplied USB DAC used? On all my other sources the mids are noticably more recessed and thinner. It seems to apply some EQ to the signal and i'm not using the Razer Software.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #47,014 of 48,562
----------
----------

Schiit Fulla 4
elexfulla.jpg
Fulla 4: $109 as of June 2021
Where to buy: Fulla 4 at Schiit.com

Disclaimer: A special thanks to Schiit's Jason Stoddard for sending out the Fulla 4 for my impressions. As always, whether products are sent to me or not, I do my best in being 100% honest with my views and opinions. If I don't like a product, I will refuse to write a review of it, or at the very least mention what I don't like about them, though I like to focus on products that people would like or at the very least are interested in. The only bias I have is to my readers. No one, Schiit, Jason, or otherwise, paid or asked me for anything other than for my honest impressions. That's it.

Here is an excerpt from my 2019 Fulla 3 and Hel review (edited for Fulla 4 specificity), which still applies here:

"As I'm someone who doesn't feel comfortable with dac/amp reviews, this particular "review" will be a bit more freestyle, with a more relaxed, thoughts on paper approach to writing, as opposed to my typical review process of trying to make it as professional as I possibly can. I think it's better for it, as I don't feel right about trying to condense my thoughts into my common review style for headphones for amp/dacs. It's why you haven't seen any full on review of anything outside of the gaming dac/amps that were easier to write about due to the software features. As Schiit's dac/amps are more simplistic, without any software, it wouldn't work quite the same. This entry will not be as long as those reviews, but I'll do my best in trying to make it legible to a degree. Thanks for your understanding.

I also know those in my small corner of the audiophile community like and use virtual surround devices, which the Fulla 4 is not. Nowadays, it's no big deal as current generation consoles have their own internal virtual surround solutions (i.e. Sony Tempest 3D audio, Xbox's use of Dolby Atmos). Besides, the Fulla 4 makes an excellent amp/dac outside of gaming as well."

The Fulla 4 does have a few, but meaningful additions over the original Fulla, which should absolutely appeal to a much larger crowd of gamers and audio enthusiasts alike.

Make note that I will be reiterating a LOT of what I said of the original Fulla 3 and even the Hel 2, as it also applies to the Fulla 4. So any copypasta seen on this review should be taken as factual to my thoughts on the Fulla 4. It may be similar thoughts as the Hel 2, and I attest to the accuracy of my impressions despite similar statements. You really should consider this 'review' more as an update/revamp of the original Fulla 3 review, with additions that stemmed from the Hel 2 review. You've been warned.

Intro

It's been essentially a year and a half since I posted my impressions on the Fulla 3 and original Hel. There were aspects of the Fulla 3 that I felt could have easily have been improved in its next iteration (like the use of 3.5mm input on the Fulla 3 instead of the better 1/4" input now being used on the Fulla 4), and I'm happy to report that the Fulla 4 has rectified nearly, if not all of the Fulla 3's shortcomings. What we have now if a dac/amp that caters to a considerably larger demographic. While the Fulla 3 was limited to mainly being most useful on PC, the Fulla 4 has broadened its scope to reach consoles as well as televisions. This is where the vast majority of gamers play, so this was the correct move by Schiit.

So what has changed, and is the Fulla 4 worth it if you already own the Fulla 3? The answer to that depends on what it is you want from the Fulla 4. If you're coming in fresh, the Fulla 4 is an absolute and clear upgrade.

Build

Schiit knows how to make some sexy looking gear. Their outer appearance is 100% Schiit, and hasn't strayed far from year 1 Schiit products. Don't fix it if it ain't broke, I'd say. Its size is essentially a Modi or Magni chopped in half, slightly shorter in height, with a beefy volume pot attached to the top. It's a cute, tiny thing, with the volume knob being almost comically large relative to the body itself. The volume pot makes the one on the Magni look puny.

Front (left to right) vs Hel 2:
fulla4hel2front.jpg

3.5mm mic input: The Fulla 3 replaced the Fulla 2's front facing analog input, (which was moved to the rear on the Fulla 3). Thankfully, the Fulla 4 keeps the analog mic input.

6.3mm (1/4") headphone jack: It probably isn't true, but I'd like to think that Schiit specifically listened to me when I said that the Fulla would be better off going back to a 1/4" headphone input instead of the 3.5mm input on the Fulla 3. Schiit opted to return to a 1/4" input, which I feel just makes all the sense in the world. "But what about headsets that only have 3.5mm plugs?" That's what adapters are for. I think all amplifiers should have 1/4" inputs, as they are more robust, and you can easily just include a snap on adapter. Had the Fulla kept a 3.5mm input, you'd have to deal with 3.5mm adapters which aren't great unless it's in cable form, and which are more expensive than the questionable barrel adapters that add stress to 3.5mm ports. Thanks for listening, Schiit.

Rear of the Fulla (left to right) vs Hel 2:
fulla4hel2rear.jpg

3.5mm variable analog out - Unlike the Fulla 3 I had on hand, the Fulla 4 DOES come with an indicator next to the volume knob that indicates line level.

Toslink/SPDIF/Optical digital output - This is the newest and biggest change coming from the Fulla 3 to the Fulla 4. Gone is the analog input, which while you can no longer use the Fulla 4 as an amp only, is replaced with the optical input which allows you the ability to use the Fulla 4 with many more devices, like Televisions and older generation game consoles. The Fulla 4 isn't exactly a powerful amplifier, so it makes much more sense as a source first device, amplifier second. The only improvement I'd like to see for a possible Fulla 5 is for the optical digital to be replaced with either a flapless optical input, or even better, a 3.5mm optical input instead. Both are much more resilient to damage than the current flap cover optical input. Please Schiit, it'll save you from potential RMA headaches of people breaking their optical inputs. I've been there all too often.

Power Type C USB input - Hallelujah! There is a god. The horrible, technological curse that was Micro USB is almost entirely behind us! In its place, the Fulla 4 has gone with the miraculous, wonderful, reversible Type C input. Unlike the Hel 2, you DON'T need to use this input for power, as long as you can draw power from the other USB input. I can see this input being more if you don't have a usb port nearby, and have to plug to a wall wart. Also, you may be only using the optical input on the Fulla 4, so you don't have a way to power from a USB source. If you do find yourself drawing power from the wall, the other USB input will draw no power from your source. This might help cutting down USB noise.

Type C USB Data input - This one is necessary for USB DAC use. On PC, the Fulla 4 can go up to 32bit/384khz.

Top vs Hel 2:
fulla4hel21.jpg

Volume Knob - The top of the Fulla 4 holds the volume knob, which has changed from the Fulla 3. For once, it's no longer silver, but is instead black with a white indicator, which is much easier to see than the one on the Fulla 3. It also has no noise when adjusting the volume.

fulla4knob.jpg

Ventilation - There is also some open slots up here for ventilation, as is the norm on all Schiit amps. Unfortunately, unlike the Hel 2, there is no internal red led as a power indicator, which I think is a mistake. There is no way to tell the Fulla 4 is off/on by sight. I think a potential Fulla 5 SHOULD have an internal led as a power indicator. Preferably red like the Hel. This is one thing they didn't make note of on my review of the Fulla 3.

Sides and Bottom vs Hel 2:
fulla4hel2side.jpg

The left and right sides in lined with circular holes for ventilation. You can also see inside. The main things to note on the bottom are the sticker with the unit number, as well as the 4 rubber feet. The Fulla 3 had only 3 rubber feet (two in front, one on back) which made the Fulla 3 wobbly. This is another thing I brought up to Schiit, or perhaps it's mere coincidence, but I'll still take credit for. "The Fulla's problem is that there is only one rubber foot on the rear, which makes it wobble a bit with minimal pressure. I think for the eventual Fulla 4, Schiit should place 4 feet on the bottom. It's a minor quibble, nothing truly necessary, but would be welcome."

fulla4hel22bottom.jpg

See? They listened to me. :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In terms of weight and size, the Fulla 4 is light and super compact, making it a perfect companion for notebooks/laptops. For that alone, I would consider the Fulla 4 over virtually any other dac/amp for on the go purposes. You simply connect it via USB, and toss it in a bag when done. It is simplicity at its best. Function and form for the minimalist who mainly wants more than what a laptop can provide through its headphone jack.

Final Build Quality Impressions:

I love the build and looks of the Fulla 4. The black and red look sleek and fierce without going overboard. The metal body feels premium, and the inclusion of a new, black, volume knob, as well as type C, and optical inputs are all welcome changes.

The Fulla 4 is incredibly well designed overall. In terms of physical improvements that can be made, there's not much I'd change here. The optical input could be changed to one without the plastic flap/door of doom, or even better, a 3.5mm optical input. That, and once again, they really should add an internal red led as a power indicator. That's about it.

Schiit, you've almost perfected the miniature dac/amp with the Fulla 4. You're ALMOST there. Maybe with the next one, you'll finally reach perfection.

Accessories

The Fulla 4 comes with a 3ft Type C to Type A USB cable as its only accessory. Nothing really necessary in addition to the cable, though perhaps a headset audio/mic splitter cable would've been great, though I understand why it wasn't included, as it'd add to the cost. You may need a longer USB cable depending on your setup. If getting a Fulla 4, I also recommend picking up a headset audio/mic splitter like THIS, as well as a 6ft or 10ft type C cable.

Ease of Use

The Fulla 4 is a wonderful product in that there is no software required, and in most current age setups don't require driver downloads. You simply plug it into your main device, and select it as your audio device. You should be good to go. If for some reason you're using something a bit older without UAC2 support, Schiit has a driver download page with instructions, HERE (https://www.schiit.com/guides/gaming).

As a gaming dac/amp, the Fulla 4 is a bit more limited in comparison to something like the Creative G6 or X7 due to lack of typical features found on other devices like software, equalizers, presets, etc. That being said, there are reasons to go for the Fulla 4 over the more specialized gaming dac/amps, one being the much, much easier to use functionality. You really can't mess up the usability here, while stuff like the G6 and X7 can at times be hampered by its software and driver issues. With the Fulla 4, you plug it in, and it just works. Select it as the audio and/or mic device, and you're good to go. No fiddling with drivers, software, and confusing options. What you see, is what you get. That to me, is perfect. Outside of my love for virtual surround processing options, I tend not to bother with all other features on those types of dac/amps. So if and when I'm not worried about virtual surround applications, I find the Fulla 4 to be a more ideal choice. Now that there are easily available virtual surround programs like Redscape and Waves NX, you don't even need an external device. The Fulla 4 would work perfectly with those programs.

In terms of non-PC use, it's almost as if Schiit listened to me directly, as they did EXACTLY what I asked of them to do, on the original Fulla 3 review. Here's what I said (edited for specificity):

"...the analog input takes care of (the) times when you need just an amplifier, though I believe as a gaming dac/amp, a digital toslink/spdif optical input would've greatly added to the Fulla's functionality where it counts."

and then,

"I'd happily give up the analog input on (the Fulla) for this, personally. For the Fulla, I'm sure something can be done to add an optical input in the future, which would allow the Fulla to compete in the console space."

That is exactly what Schiit has done, allowing the Fulla 4 to easily function for PC or PS5, as well as any device with an optical output, like a smart TV. You can plug everything to your TV through HDMI, and just have the TV send out a digital signal to the Fulla 4. That would take care of multiple devices, even an Xbox Series X (sans the microphone function).

Going back to the volume knobs, I just find them so much better in practicality over front mounted knobs, for devices as small as the Fulla 4. You can essentially just rest your hands near the unit and adjust with your fingers, while front mounted knobs require a bit more effort. I don't know, I'm sure it's purely based on preference, but if Schiit placed volume knobs on top of all their mini solid state amps like the Magni, I'd be all over that. Yes, it means they'll have to sit on the top of whatever Schiit stack you have going on, but that's an easy choice to make. Even off center, I think a Magni with a top mounted knob on the right side with ventilation on the left would be wonderful. Maybe for a Magni 4. The Hel and Fulla are already covered.

The Fulla has automatic switches when headphones are plugged in that mutes the rear output. While this is absolutely helpful and fine overall, I still think a manual switch would be better. It's not a big deal, but I like being able to personally toggle which output to use. The Fulla doesn't have a gain switch, so unlike the Hel, there's not much of a chance to mismatch volumes between what you use for the Fulla alone, or when connected an external amplifier or speakers.

Connectivity

PC:

On Windows, all you have to do is plug it in, and select the Fulla 4 as your output device (as well as input device for the Microphone), and that's it. You can go to the sound control panel in windows sound settings, right click on the Fulla 4, click on Properties, go to the Advanced tab, and change the default format to anything between 16bit/44khz, and oversampling up to 32bit/384khz.

fulla4pc.jpg

Optical Input:

pyUVofA.jpg

As far as optical input goes, make sure whatever device you have connected to the Fulla 4 is outputting 2ch PCM/Stereo. Not Dolby Digital or DTS, or more than 2ch. I said this earlier, but if you're sending a digital signal that has been converted to virtual surround (like Creative's SBX from the G6's optical out), the process of converting 7.1 down to 2ch was done before being sent to the Fulla 4, so it's totally fine.

Keep in mind that many TV's or other devices may send Dolby Digital or DTS by default, so you MUST change, or you'll get unpleasant digital noise from the Fulla 4.

Playstation 5:

You simply plug the Fulla 4's data usb port to any of the PS5's usb ports. I recommend using one of the rear usb ports on the PS5. The Type C input in front was dropping the signal every few seconds. Had zero issues on the rear ports. Not an issue with the Fulla 4, but the PS5. Once connected, go to the sound settings. 3D Audio will work perfectly as well through the USB (not through HDMI currently).

IuqBp0v.jpg

The PS5 will also read the Fulla 4 as a microphone device.

fulla1.jpg

Nintendo Switch:

I no longer have a Nintendo Switch, but I was able to get it work through a USB dongle, and I'm sure the Switch would also pick up the Fulla 4 when connected to the USB port. If I get a chance to update with an image in the future, I will.

Xbox Series S/X:

Unfortunately, Microsoft uses proprietary codecs, which the Fulla 4 doesn't support. Schiit would have to specifically pay for the license and make an Xbox only version of the Fulla 4, which is probably not the best use of Schiit's time and money. At the very least, you can still rely on getting main audio from a TV which the Xbox console would likely be hooked up to. You won't be able to utilize the Fulla 4 for voice chat through an Xbox.

Amplification

Per Schiit: "Fulla 4 delivers a super punch, up to 300mW into 16 ohms, together with a vanishingly low noise floor and low output impedance. Or, in English, this means it’s a great match for virtually any headphone."

Personally speaking, I think the Fulla is ideally for on the go or secondary setups with easier to drive headphones, with the Hel being a better choice in a main setup with big headphones.

Be realistic with your expectations on what to pair with the Fulla 4. I certainly feel like it struggles with a 300ohm Sennheiser HD6XX, but does perfectly fine with a highly sensitive 16-ohm Audeze LCD-1, and even something like the 80ohm but highly sensitive Focal Elex.

If you need more power with a similar feature set, opt for the Hel 2 instead. Otherwise, you can get the Fulla 4 for true on the go portability, and compensate it with a higher power amp when not using it portably. An example would be having the Fulla 4 as a laptop dac/amp, and when home, attaching a Vali 2+, or Magni 3+ amplifier to the Fulla 4's analog out to supplement it with more power.

I personally do think if you plan on going portable, the Fulla 4 makes more sense than the Hel 2, as you can power it directly from a laptop, instead of having to carry an extra cable and plug like you'd need to with the Hel 2. Then again, it really depends on what you're trying to power, and whether you're ok with more accessories to carry with you. Me, I like the simplicity of just having a laptop, the Fulla 4, and a headphone.

Microphone

For today's testing, I was limited in the gear I have for recording, so I kept it simple with a Fulla 4 vs Hel 2 mic comparison using the V-Moda BoomPro.

^Fulla 4 w/V-Moda BoomPro

^Hel 2 w/V-Moda BoomPro

As you've probably noticed, the Fulla 4's automatic mic gain, means it's default recording volume is...loud. The Hel 2 on the other hand has an analog mic volume control where you can dictate how low or high you want to go, though even at max, the Fulla 4 still picks up voice at a louder volume.

Personally, I'm fine with either dac for mic duties, though I do like the ability to adjust on the fly with the Hel 2. The Fulla 4 will require software mic volume control, like the one on Discord. Not a big deal, but you'll want to make note of that.

Sound

Outside of the instance where I found a noticeable difference between the original Modi and the Objective DAC (ODAC), I have never been someone to truly hear a meaningful difference out of all the DACs I have owned (this is why I tend to decline or stay away from doing DAC reviews). This does not change with the Fulla 4. I don't have a reliable way to do quick and blind comparisons, so all I can say is that subjectively, the DAC sounds like I expect a good DAC to sound like, which is a silent noise floor, super clean, and without artifacts or errors due to the digital to analog conversion.

On the amplification side, as the Fulla 4 is a solid state amp, I also don't expect to hear a drastic difference between the Fulla 4 and Fulla 3 in terms of sonic characteristics. As such, I don't wanna make things up and write them down in a section full of hyperbole. I never had a problem with the original Fulla 3's sound, and I certainly don't have a problem here.

I'm not one of those people that buys amps wanting them to impart anything to the sound (at least not solid state amps). I mainly just want an amp to do what is required, and that is to provide sufficient, clean power to the headphones attached to them. If you want some majestic difference, consider a tube amp where you can somewhat tailor the sound to your liking. Even next to the Jotunheim 2 (which has more tactility, impact, and control, though the difference is still subtle), I don't feel like I'm missing anything (within reason) by using the Fulla 4 amplifier with properly powered headphones.

If you want some hyperbolic statements on how this sounds smoother, richer, more precise, faster, more detailed, incisive, more open, or whatever buzzword you'd like to hear as it pertains to an amp or DAC you WON'T find it here. The Fulla 4 as either a DAC to another amplifier or as a standalone DAC/AMP sounds great. Plain and simple.

Personal Recommendations

The Fulla makes a perfect on the go transportable dac/amp for laptops. Can't ever underestimate the simplicity of having a small device that merely connects via USB, and gets full functionality. If you care even a little about your audio quality on the go, I can't think of a better dac/amp device than the Fulla, not even the Hel. It's small, simple, cheap, effective, and doesn't require external power. Toss it in your bag, and go.

fulla4lcd1.jpg

Of course, the Hel's biggest benefit over the Fulla is that it's much, much more powerful, so it'll pair up nicer with many more headphones.

If you mainly want something for a laptop and need it to be completely portable, I think going with the Fulla 4 wouldn't be a bad idea over the Hel 2, though only if you don't plan on using harder to drive headphones. The Fulla packs plenty of power for many headphones, just don't go trying to press your luck. The Fulla has the benefit of only needing one cable to a laptop, while the Hel needs a separate power adapter. It also has a mic input, though mic gain will have to be adjusted by your source.

Then you have the UAC switching, which allows the Fulla to be used with something like the Playstation 5 via USB, which no DAC other than the Hel 2 on Schiit's line has. So for the purpose of PS5 use, I'd take a Fulla 4 even if you were planning on using a better amplifier. You have very few choices for UAC1 purposes nowadays, and the Fulla 4 being one of the cheapest and most effective sells itself.

The Fulla also now comes with an optical input which boosts its versatility tenfold. Setting things up as easily as plugging everything to a TV or receiver, and sending the optical digital PCM signal to the Fulla 4 (and even attaching a bigger amplifier to the Fulla 4), means you're easily covered here.

Likes and Dislikes

• Top mounted volume knob
  • Simplicity/Ease of use
  • Mic input
  • Clean sound, no noise floor
  • Optical Input
  • 4 bottom feet now

Dislikes:
  • Unlike the Hel, No (internal) led power indicator

Final Impressions

Schiit didn't have to do much to make the Fulla 4 worth looking into over the Fulla 3. The addition of an optical digital input alone would've made it worthwhile. Yet, Schiit went a step further an added the UAC auto switching, meaning the ability to use the Fulla 4 with the Playstation 5. They thought this through, and us gamers benefit the most from it.

The Fulla 4 is an easy sell. An affordable, excellent DAC/amp you can take anywhere which trumps anything you'd get out of a phone, tablet or computer's built in sound capabilities. Plenty for most available headphones or headsets that aren't known to require gobs of power. The type of headphones and headsets you'd likely be taking with you on the go to coffee shops, offices, or have in secondary setups. Really, the Fulla 4 is a banger of a product. Not much else to say. If you're getting into dac/amps, the Fulla 4 is an excellent starter and a bridge to Schiit's other offerings.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #47,016 of 48,562
I doubt it. I'm sure you can limit the ceiling through Windows, but that's it.

Jul 2, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #47,017 of 48,562
Loved the Fulla 4 I had although they appear to be having some issues at present with that device and are trying to work on a fix from what I've read. My device had to go back as (like many, many others) there were issues getting or staying connected to my devices. Only worked on the PS5 the first day then would never get recognised. On my PC it worked only through one USB port and then crashed my machine. Anyone thinking of buying one should probably hold off until they have resolved the issues.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #47,019 of 48,562
The Fulla has less power and gain than the Hel 2. The Hel has a power switch, a gain switch, and a mic gain knob. The Fulla does not. The Hel is much more powerful. Like MUCH more.

The Fulla can be powered by a laptop or tablet, the Hel cannot (needs to be plugged into a wall with the included wall wart).

In almost every case, you'll want the Hel over the Fulla, aside from true portability, which I think the Fulla is a better fit. If you don't plan on going portable, then save up for the Hel 2. That's my recommendation. If you are, the Fulla is super nice to have.

As for IEMs, I dunno, I don't use any.

A third option is to get the Fulla, and a Magni for essentially the same price as the Hel 2. That'll give you the access to true portability, and an even better amp than the Hel when you're not being portable.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #47,020 of 48,562
The Fulla has less power and gain than the Hel 2. The Hel has a power switch, a gain switch, and a mic gain knob. The Fulla does not. The Hel is much more powerful. Like MUCH more.

The Fulla can be powered by a laptop or tablet, the Hel cannot (needs to be plugged into a wall with the included wall wart).

In almost every case, you'll want the Hel over the Fulla, aside from true portability, which I think the Fulla is a better fit. If you don't plan on going portable, then save up for the Hel 2. That's my recommendation. If you are, the Fulla is super nice to have.

As for IEMs, I dunno, I don't use any.

A third option is to get the Fulla, and a Magni for essentially the same price as the Hel 2. That'll give you the access to true portability, and an even better amp than the Hel when you're not being portable.
Thanks. It’s interesting how fulla will be with IEMs. Nice or so much power. It’s bad that fulla don’t have gain switch.

if I don’t need portability and my headphones don’t need much poWer so I think fulla will be better because of 100$ cheaper

Jul 4, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #47,021 of 48,562
For a newbie entering the VSS fray for gaming purely on PC, is it better for me to just get a software based solution (which is best by the way?) or should I get an extra hardware like the GC7 or GSX1000?
Currently I have an existing DAC and amp for music purposes.

Jul 4, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #47,022 of 48,562
Just get a software solution. I recommend Redscape above the rest.

Jul 5, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #47,023 of 48,562
I think a potential Fulla 5 SHOULD have an internal led as a power indicator.
I agree. I have an old Magni 2 which in addition to a front panel LED has two on the top of the circuit board. I don't know if they're wholly ornamental or whether they serve some other purpose in the circuit--but either way they are a nice touch.

Jul 5, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #47,024 of 48,562
Do open backs create the best sound for gaming?

Do closed backs sound/feel claustrophobic?

To have a broad soundstage, do headphones need to be neutral? Is a broad soundstage ideal as a pair of all around( fun/competitive) headphones for gaming?

Is the bass in all planar headphones linear? What about mid bass?

Are there fun planers?

List five headphones under $500 that sound fun.

List five headphones under $500 that excel in the fun department when used in a amp/dac/eq setup

I haven't added a mini loki to my setup yet, because they are on backorder. I'm still using my X2HR's. I am happy with them, I imagine I will be even happier once I get to eq them. I wonder if I would be happier with a pair of planars though.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #47,025 of 48,562
Thanks. It’s interesting how fulla will be with IEMs. Nice or so much power. It’s bad that fulla don’t have gain switch.

if I don’t need portability and my headphones don’t need much poWer so I think fulla will be better because of 100$ cheaper
Schiit Fulla's headphone jack has a .5-Ohm output impedance, so should be fine with just about any (like 99% ?) IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back