Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 26, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #47,299 of 48,562
What an amazing time I had at CanJam. Loved everyone there. All the quarantining made everyone SO NICE! 🤣

In all seriousness, it was really fulfilling as a both a reviewer getting to meet so many people, and as someone.at Audeze, being able to help people find what they would potentially be into.

Amazing.

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #47,300 of 48,562
What an amazing time I had at CanJam. Loved everyone there. All the quarantining made everyone SO NICE! 🤣

In all seriousness, it was really fulfilling as a both a reviewer getting to meet so many people, and as someone.at Audeze, being able to help people find what they would potentially be into.

Amazing.
Bring back a LCD 5!

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #47,301 of 48,562
Bring back a LCD 5!
If I could I would. I do have a 4Z in my backpack. 🤣

Though it's because we needed a place for it. 👀

I could pretend I forgot to take it out before I leave the office tomorrow. 😝

Sep 27, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #47,302 of 48,562
I don't want to be 'that guy' that asks for a recommendation here without any research. I just received a PS5 and need something for surround - I've been reading all over this thread, Reddit, etc and I believe I'm going to roll the dice with the GC7. Does anybody have a better recommendation please - something I'm overlooking or may not have considered? Here is my use case: online multiplayer only (Battlefield, Apex, Warzone, etc), AKG 712, LG CX. I don't mind also splurging for more amplification such as the Hel when its back on stock, but I still need to address surround for multiplayer. Thanks!

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #47,303 of 48,562
You don't "need" to address surround, as the PS5 utilizes its 3D audio. Its performance can vary, but I'd live with it alone using any dac/amp that can accept UAC1.

That being said, a Creative GC7, X7 or G6 with their SXFI or SBX would do just fine.

As you're using the K712, maybe you'll want to give it since ample headroom, so I'd suggest pairing the G6 with a stronger amp like at the very least a Schiit Magni.

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #47,305 of 48,562
Oh sorry. Well, since you have a CX (I have a C9) , you can just go optical out from the TV to the X7. Make sure you set the TV audio out to Optical ONLY and bitstream Dolby Digital. Do NOT set it to Optical + Speakers, because it will convert it down to Stereo and you lose Dolby Digital. If and when you wanna use TV speakers/whatever else, just set it to that.

Sep 29, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #47,307 of 48,562
Well I have the DT990s and TYGR 300 R and prefer the TYGR. They seem to be way less harsh and to my ears have a little better low end, this could all be due to the amp I am using but I love my G6 and the surround is awesome. I just wasn't that blown away like I thought I was going to be. My old theater room had 8 18s and I know I will not reach the low end extension with headphones that I had there but I really want a second pair for music/single player games that can dig deeper and hit harder. Maybe both Beyers just are not for me, maybe what I am looking for is a closed headphone, I just don't know. All suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #47,308 of 48,562
Well I have the DT990s and TYGR 300 R and prefer the TYGR. They seem to be way less harsh and to my ears have a little better low end, this could all be due to the amp I am using but I love my G6 and the surround is awesome. I just wasn't that blown away like I thought I was going to be. My old theater room had 8 18s and I know I will not reach the low end extension with headphones that I had there but I really want a second pair for music/single player games that can dig deeper and hit harder. Maybe both Beyers just are not for me, maybe what I am looking for is a closed headphone, I just don't know. All suggestions are welcome.
The Tygrs have a small bass boost and tempered treble peaks due to the new version of the driver foams that come installed on them. The textured stitching circle in the foam around the driver's edges is what is attenuating the FR curve. They sell those on their website, and anyone with the older versions can buy them.

Having the G6, I found it to be a little lackluster in delivering dynamic audio, and the audio sounded grainy to me, when compared to my SMSL M300 MKII with it's AK4497 DAC chip. I also find that the bass is rolled off in comparison, but I find that is due to the analog output stage, as the bass sounds fine when using the SPDIF Out. So I don't think the issue you have with your audio reproduction is the headphone's fault. On the other hand, the Beyers aren't basshead headphones either. :)

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #47,309 of 48,562
I noticed on Audeze YT page, and was like, yo why didn't I hnear of this. LOL.

That beat tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back