Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jul 16, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #40,486 of 48,561
yes, it's probably among the very best on this globe. BUY IT NOW BEFORE IT GOES OUT OF STOCK

BUUUUUUY NOW

Jul 17, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #40,494 of 48,561
I find the AEON open to be a little on the bassy and closed-sounding side for gaming. I love the meaty sound for movies but I prefer something more transparent and open for gaming.

I haven't heard the Moebius yet so I can't say how it compares.

Jul 17, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #40,495 of 48,561
Hey everyone! What's the current "best" setup for Xbone? Is there anything that allows you NOT to plug your mic into the controller yet? I'm so sick of my wire tangle that I'm almost ready to throw in the towel and buy a stupid Astro/Skullcandy all-in-one.

Jul 18, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #40,496 of 48,561
I need a cigarette after the past few weeks of 'stuff' going on in here. I don't smoke. :deadhorse:

Jul 18, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #40,497 of 48,561
Hey everyone! What's the current "best" setup for Xbone? Is there anything that allows you NOT to plug your mic into the controller yet? I'm so sick of my wire tangle that I'm almost ready to throw in the towel and buy a stupid Astro/Skullcandy all-in-one.

You mean, OTHER than pulling a Kinect close to your seating position? I’m not as up on Xbox peripherals as I once was, but while I often see “works with PS4” labels I haven’t seen much investment in providing for the XBOne.

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #40,498 of 48,561
You mean, OTHER than pulling a Kinect close to your seating position? I’m not as up on Xbox peripherals as I once was, but while I often see “works with PS4” labels I haven’t seen much investment in providing for the XBOne.
I did some research and there are a few new headsets that use the proprietary Xbox Wireless protocol (like the controller) to connect with no dongle or anything. Unfortunately, one is from Razer and one is from Turtle Beach. I'm hoping this third one, Lucidsound, ends up being alright. It's coming out in a month or two. Vlad reviewed the non-dongle-free version and said it sounded pretty not bad for a gaming headset (which is pretty good!). I might have to grab one to review when it comes out.

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #40,499 of 48,561
Xbox compatible Mixamp connected via stream out to another headphone amp?

Jul 19, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #40,500 of 48,561
Xbox compatible Mixamp connected via stream out to another headphone amp?
I'm already doing that, but between the mixamp, the amp, and the y splitters to get everything working correctly, it's a cabling nightmare. There are several "wireless" solutions that all still require a wire from the headset to the controller for voice chat. Only the few models I specified above seem to offer TRUE wireless. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back